Thank God For This Top 5 Defense...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
he commented on it after I used it....but besides the point

Wrong. Thanks for trying to derail my thread with delusions of grandeur. However, lets please get back on topic about how well this defense played in a sadly disappointing win.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Defense is trying their hardest to win this game and it's damn impressive. This is shades of the mid 2000s Bears. Amazing and entertaining defense and absolute PILE OF SHIT at QB.

The Bears stand absolutely no chance to win anything if they stick with this mole eyed loser at QB. His eyes are so close together he may as well be a cyclops with the lack of peripheral vision that he has. The best thing we can hope for is a knee injury and Pace rolling the dice (and hopefully being right for once) on yet ANOTHER QB.

Or... the Bears could just fire Pace and hire someone competent?
I am all for thanking Pace for transforming the Emory/Trestman historically worst defense to ever grace Staley Field, Wrigley filed or Soldier field, in 3 short years ,but calling him God is a bit overstated.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am all for thanking Pace for transforming the Emory/Trestman historically worst defense to ever grace Staley Field, Wrigley filed or Soldier field, in 3 short years ,but calling him God is a bit overstated.

You didn't really read his post.

Or... the Bears could just fire Pace and hire someone competent?

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:

It's hard to believe those Mel Tucker defenses that routinely gave up 40+ points per game was just a few years ago. The defensive turnaround is unreal.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Bears defense is obviously going to have to carry the team till the bye week.

The offense is further behind then we hoped, but if the defense can carry them to the bye week that gives them 2 games and 1 month to get more consistent.

Luckily this defense could potentially carry the Bears to a 3-1 record before the bye week and really set the team up for success when the offense gets rolling, hopefully after the bye week.

From what I've seen so far, it appears that Trubisky is just way behind on the learning curve that I seriously doubt he will take monumental steps in the next quarter or this year for that matter. I think this year is the internship and we won't see drastic improvement until he has another off-season, hopefully.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If we had Kirk Cousins, we would be contenders NOW. This kid better improve rapidly and on a weekly basis because this team is ready. We cannot afford for him to develop at a snails pace.
If we had Kirk cousins we wouldn't have Kahlil Mack right now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
one day he'll realize Stafford will never lead that franchise to a playoff victory while he compiles up useless inflated stats. It's who Stafford was in college.

I don't think Stafford will ever see the playoffs again in Det. The Patricia era is shaping up to be very much like the Millen era.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Is that right? I don't keep up with the cap but I believe Minny gave him $84M over 3-4 yrs? Could we not have been able to fit that in?

Monster

Liked Posts:
28M a year if memory serves... 84 guaranteed.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

No one here understands salary cap. Just give up

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think Stafford will ever see the playoffs again in Det. The Patricia era is shaping up to be very much like the Millen era.

Another BB coaching tree failure? Never would have seen this coming

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3-1? you realize that unless Fitzmagic turns into Fizpatrick, the Bucs game most likely becomes a shoot out, and I don't think Trubs is ready for that

Are both teams’ quarterbacks on the field at the same time? Fitzpatrick will be playing Mitch? Or will he be playing the Bears defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From what I've seen so far, it appears that Trubisky is just way behind on the learning curve that I seriously doubt he will take monumental steps in the next quarter or this year for that matter. I think this year is the internship and we won't see drastic improvement until he has another off-season, hopefully.

The tough part is that you just do not know.

I think it is likely at some point after the bye week the efficiency will go up. They will have run and started to master a critical mass of plays large enough to run a cleaner game.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
This defense is crazy good with Mack. I didn’t think one guy could make that kind of impact. He’s incredibly good.

I’ve never watched him play before he came here and didn’t realize his full impact. What’s insane is that he has 3 sacks I believe but truly it’s about 15 in my eyes. The strip doesn’t count as a sack, virtually every single pass play he is either pushing his guy all the way into the qb or forcing him into someone else on our d.

The rest of the defense is playing so hard too, they are feeding of this guy. I just didn’t see this sort of impact. I’ve never seen a defensive player have this much effect on an entire team to be honest.

I can see Floyd as well as others really learn a ton from this guy Beyond game day. Floyd and any other pass rusher better be become best friends with this guy and pick his brain.

I’ve never seen a pass rusher constantly looking at the QB like he does too, it doesn’t matter where he is or what the OT and guards are doing to him either. He’s reaching around guys and getting a hand on them and really has an eye on the ball too. He’s like Tillman in that he’s constantly looking to get the ball instead of just sacking the qb’s.

They were absolutely right when they wrote generational player. Sack numbers alone don’t do this dude justice at all!

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What’s insane is that he has 3 sacks I believe but truly it’s about 15 in my eyes. The strip doesn’t count as a sack,

What strip does not count as a sack? I've read this a few times today, but don't get it. Both Mack's sacks this year were strip fumbles.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile it's business as usual in Detoilet. Dysfunction teetering on mutiny. Bang up stuff. Don't forget the brown bag while holding that L.

2 games in, and for the first time in 4 years, the Bears are not in last place. Care to tell me more about business as usual? Congrats on not choking away another W, but dam, the Bears did try.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They just need the defense to stay at this level for 2 more weeks.

I think they will stay like this longer, but they just need to get to the bye and reload.