The Bulls Injury Report (Rose Update: He's back)

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Haha.

I'd actually rather see Rose play PG more than scoring first PG upon his return. He doesn't need to play like its 2010-11 anymore. The fact we had 3 other go-to-scorers should say as much at this point. I know Rose is drooling at the way Niko has performed in which it should open the floor more.

He even mentioned that the other day. And I completely agree that he should come back and be the PG FIRST and not worry about having to be the primary scorer. I mean heck even if he never returns to full MVP form, we have another star on this team ready to take over. Niko is going to be a bonafide star. I don't think there's any denying that now. What he's done this month has been absolutely astonishing.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think given that we have at least 3 other guys who can get 20+ per night, Rose should not feel obligated at all to be 25ppg MVP Rose when he comes back.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I think given that we have at least 3 other guys who can get 20+ per night, Rose should not feel obligated at all to be 25ppg MVP Rose when he comes back.
So he can go 1-8 from beyond the arc?[emoji13]

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

I still think Rose can get back to his MVP days as we've seen flashes throughout the year (Blazers/game vs Cavs before ASG in Chicago). At least that is his ceiling IMO and it certainly looks like a long shot at this point.

However- his floor is Rod Strickland. This team can win the whole damn thing with Rod Strickland...stay healthy and we'll be a really really tough out for anyone.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still think Rose can get back to his MVP days as we've seen flashes throughout the year (Blazers/game vs Cavs before ASG in Chicago). At least that is his ceiling IMO and it certainly looks like a long shot at this point.

However- his floor is Rod Strickland. This team can win the whole damn thing with Rod Strickland...stay healthy and we'll be a really really tough out for anyone.
I agree. What I'm getting at is that he doesn't need to press as hard to be super amazing right out of the gate. He can defer a little more to our other guys and pick his spots. I think the 4th quarter will be basically him and Niko doing a bulk of the scoring with some Jimmy and Pau here and there as they have openings.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think his floor is a lot lesser than Rod Strickland. Rod didn't depend on athleticism anywhere near the degree that Rose does. Not saying Rose is done in terms of supreme athleticism though.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I think Rose will come back Wed, April 8th against Orlando. That gives him another week+ of full contact practice. Also, I don't think they'll bring him back against the Cavs next Sunday. Coming back against Orlando will give him 5 regular season games to tune up.

#callinitnow

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Rose is going to still be a very good player when he comes back. He can still be a 18/6 guy. It's not elite but its still very good and he is a clutch player. Doesn''t shy away in the 4th or taking the big shot.

I worry more about his longevity now...I think he may only have another 2-3 good seasons left in him.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
For those of you that doubt whether or not Rose is still an elite basketball player, let me remind you of the time he told steph curry to sit the fuck down IN GS and his battle with damian lillard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXULduioFPk . Man i'm so fucking hyped about the bulls come playoff time.

I agree, i think he should be looking to set up teammates first, but if he gets the open lane 1v1 to the basket, id want him taking that 100% of that time. That's an easy bucket or FTs. He does force things at times, but hopefully he sees the talent he has around him now and he can facilitate more and then take the reigns on scoring to close out the 4th.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For those of you that doubt whether or not Rose is still an elite basketball player, let me remind you of the time he told steph curry to sit the fuck down IN GS and his battle with damian lillard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXULduioFPk . Man i'm so fucking hyped about the bulls come playoff time.

I agree, i think he should be looking to set up teammates first, but if he gets the open lane 1v1 to the basket, id want him taking that 100% of that time. That's an easy bucket or FTs. He does force things at times, but hopefully he sees the talent he has around him now and he can facilitate more and then take the reigns on scoring to close out the 4th.
We will hopefully found out soon. We'll also see how he integrates with Niko now that Niko is another go to guy in the 4th quarter. Could open things up more for Rose.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's the over/under on Kaner being back on the ice before Rose is back on the court?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's the over/under on Kaner being back on the ice before Rose is back on the court?
Rose is expected back in 1-2 weeks..Kaner isn't expected back until the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rose is expected back in 1-2 weeks..Kaner isn't expected back until the 2nd round of the playoffs.

So you trust Rose's expected return time? He hasn't even been involved in full contact practices yet, correct?

What's the over/under on Rose meeting his expected return time of 2 weeks then?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you trust Rose's expected return time? He hasn't even been involved in full contact practices yet, correct?

What's the over/under on Rose meeting his expected return time of 2 weeks then?
Oh stop being a troll.

I trust what the team expects.. If Rose doesn't meet it then its on Rose. Once he hits contact practice, it won't be long until his return.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And Rose is taking contact.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

And Thib's giving some veterans some days off. Love hearing this as well!

April 8th was my prediction as well, giving Rose a 5 game tune up before the playoffs. :elephant: