The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After his display in UEFA this year, he should. I respect the fact that he could milk for a bit more if he wanted to but leaving when he should.</p>

</p>

He looked like an old man out there.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone likes to characterize and criticize the US for it's racism and hatred and violence and oppression and whatnot, but it's a worldwide epidemic. It didn't start with us we brought it with us.</p>

</p>

Fucking People.</p>

</p>

Pig's head found in Stoke locker room

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1451961/stoke-city-edge-pig-head-found-locker?cc=5901</p>

</p>

</p>

I know it seems to be pranks getting out of hand but fuck...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Stoke City has promised to launch an internal investigation after a pig's head was placed in the locker of striker Kenwyne Jones on Friday.</p>

Jones reacted furiously at Stoke's Clayton Wood training ground, Press Association reported. The incident comes just two days before the club's final Premier League match of the season at Southampton.</p>

"The club takes seriously reports of an incident at our training ground this afternoon," the club said in a statement. "A full internal investigation will be carried out, and those responsible for any unacceptable behaviour will be dealt with in accordance with the club's disciplinary procedures."</p>

Stoke midfielder Brek Shea tweeted a picture of himself with the pig's head with the words "locker room banter gone wild."</p>
<blockquote class="">

Locker room banter gone wild!!! #SAW instagram.com/p/ZadjLnobaP/</p>
— Brek Shea (@BrekShea) May 17, 2013</blockquote>

It seems the incident went beyond mere banter, however, with reports suggesting the windshield of midfielder Glenn Whelan was smashed in the wake of the grisly discovery.</p>

When Jones was informed by a Twitter follower that he had been responsible for the damage, Jones replied: "For your info I didn't do that get ur info correct."</p>

Jones' partner, Kissa Abdullah, expressed her anger at the incident on her Twitter account, adding that the actions did not take into account religious beliefs. She wrote: "Big men acting like kids a pigs head is not a prank its just disgusting!!!!! I don't get how was that sup 2 be funny!!!! Really???</p>

"Where I come from that's not anywhere close 2 funny! Esp not knowing religious beliefs.</p>

"It just takes a minute to be sensitive to someone's beliefs no one says u can't have a sense of humour but let it be a joke! This wasn't!"</p>

The incident comes just days after retiring Stoke striker Michael Owen had his car covered in eggs and flour by teammates. Jones was also involved on that occasion, tweeting a picture of Owen's car to his followers with the explanation that it was a "leaving present" for the former England star.</p>

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live this evening, Stoke manager Tony Pulis said he would speak to his players regarding Friday's events.</p>

"We have a smashing dressing room, and there are four or five lads who are always up to something. There is always banter going on," he said. "I honestly don't know what's gone on this morning; I've missed all of what's happened. I try to stay away from the home dressing room as much as I possibly can. I let the lads get on with it.</p>

"We will look at it tomorrow. I will have a chat with the lads and find out exactly what has happened. From that point onwards, we'll let everybody know exactly what the situation was."</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I don't even know how to react to that. Pissed off...sad...disappointed...shocked...disgusted?</p>

</p>

</p>

All of the above.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I ask this seriously... how is a pig's head racist?  Or is it just because this incident happened to a black dude?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="196519" data-time="1369062748">
<div>

I ask this seriously... how is a pig's head racist?  Or is it just because this incident happened to a black dude?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

It's not so much racist as it is I believe he is a Muslim. It would be like burning a cross in his locker or something, I'm not sure how to correctly explain.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
frnXxyM.gif
</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<div>
<p class="">Toronto FC has allegedly offered $10 million for the services of Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.</p>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div><span>Discuss</span></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="197963" data-time="1369938956">
<div>

</p>
<div>

Toronto FC has allegedly offered $10 million for the services of Manchester City's Carlos Tevez.</p>
</div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> </div>
<div>Discuss</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Prolly not enough money</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah, just read that Toronto has shot down reports of talks with Tevez, like two hours ago.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="197960" data-time="1369938743">
<div>

frnXxyM.gif
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

hahahahah thats awesome</p>

</p>

anyone pay attention to the confederation cup at all? Probably the smallest of the world tourneys but its an interesting set up to the world cup. Ill be waiting for the Brazil/Italy match up just for the kick of it. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="198007" data-time="1369964123">
<div>

hahahahah thats awesome</p>

</p>

anyone pay attention to the confederation cup at all? Probably the smallest of the world tourneys but its an interesting set up to the world cup. Ill be waiting for the Brazil/Italy match up just for the kick of it. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I do but I am WAY pissed what the Brazil Fed did to Bayern and called Dante and Gustavo and now will miss a chance to feature in Germany Cup because Brazil wanted to flex some ridiculous football politics.</p>

</p>

Sometimes I hate this sport. Or at least this crap within it.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good step...</p>

</p>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22728162</p>

</p>
<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">

Fifa racism measures could see teams expelled or relegated
</div>
<p class="" style="margin:20px 0px 0px;color:rgb(28,28,28);">Teams could be relegated or expelled from competitions for serious incidents of racism after tough new powers were voted in by Fifa.</p>
<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(28,28,28);">First or minor offences will result in either a warning, fine or order for a match to be played behind closed doors.</p>
<p style="margin:0px;color:rgb(28,28,28);">Serious or repeat offences can now be punished by a points deduction, expulsion or relegation.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
ohhhh thats going to be interesting. Teams are going to paying out a lot of money for crowd control and the such. Relegation is a nasty punishment but man that could be really effective. Good for Fifa.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some updates in case wanted...</p>

</p>

BIG games coming up for US men's Cup qualifiers: vs Jamica in Kingston June 7th on beIN sport, 9:30p EST and June 11 vs Panama on ESPN, 6:30 PT.</p>

</p>

The Men, after getting rolled by Belgium in a friendly, beat the GERMAN NATIONALS in a friendly 4 - 3. This marked the 3rd time the US has ever beaten a top-2 ranked FIFA team. US looked pretty good although the Back 4 still have issues. Altidore FINALLY broke his damn near 2 year drought and popped in a beauty volley. Dempsey had a great game with 2 goals.</p>

</p>

The Ladies continue to be THE dominant force in international play, recently beating the ladies of Canadia 3 - 0. Morgan had 2 of the goals, thus continuing her reign as (arguably) the best women's player in the world and of the top 3 in the world, 2 play for the US and Wambach continues to be a force.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
While the Germany game was a big win and Dempsey really pulled it off, it was really meaningless. Confident booster.... perhaps, but they had what one guy form the last WC team? It would be like the MLS all-stars beating a depleted PL team... hah. I'll take it though. Really really really hope they beat Jamaica. I want no worries about them getting into the world cup and they could use the points. I believe they are 1-1-1 so far? And yes... WOW Jozey... don't stop now. Huge season, big goal in your first game back in a while (I think?) and you've got the confidence you need to be the destroyer you should be.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="198629" data-time="1370362453">
<div>

While the Germany game was a big win and Dempsey really pulled it off, it was really meaningless. Confident booster.... perhaps, but they had what one guy form the last WC team? It would be like the MLS all-stars beating a depleted PL team... hah. I'll take it though. Really really really hope they beat Jamaica. I want no worries about them getting into the world cup and they could use the points. I believe they are 1-1-1 so far? And yes... WOW Jozey... don't stop now. Huge season, big goal in your first game back in a while (I think?) and you've got the confidence you need to be the destroyer you should be.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

They also only had one Dort player and zero Bayern players on the roster. And it is a friendly, true.</p>

</p>

Really, it was a great game for the US as 1. They have qualifying games coming up. 2. Their friendly with Belgium, while a solid team, was a joke. 3. Altidore scored. You think hockey snipers are weird in the head with confidence or lack thereof... Soccer strikers are 1000 times worse. He will show up with confidence now with a goal and assist against the Germans 4. Good mo going into Jamaica, mon.</p>