The Football (Soccer for us dumb Americans) Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Agree.... 1) Yeah, it was a good tuneup and most importantly isn't the defense in injury trouble right now? Any minutes you can give to depth guys in friendlies is going to be critical going into Cup qualifier play. 2.) I don't want to talk about the waffle boys. 3.) That goal was huge. After setting the US scoring record in Europe, if he would have come back and not played well it may have killed him. It could have easily been the well... sure he scored a lot of goals for them, but back on the US team against better competition it's same ole same ole. But he got the first one out of the way, and first in 1.5 years. First for Klinsman too I believe? If Josey can stay hot, they have a chance of putting up some points. I think Klinsman said it best when he says we have to remember how much soccer (football) he has ahead of him because he's been around so long that we forget how young he still is. I thought, you know what, he has been around for ever so I looked it up and that little shit turns 24 this year.. 20 fucking 4. A lot of people forget because he went across, how good he was early. His CAPS died recently but he still has like 16 goals internationally and again is only 24... if he can double that before his career is over, you're looking at 4th all time... unless somehow Dempsey doesn't score another one, then it's third. (side note, I've seen his goals listed 3 different numbers in different places, 13, 14, 16 so I went with 16... )</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The back 4 are still in some question for me, but yeah, there has been some lineup changes with Beasley playing more of a Left back and Besler on the opposite side.  They are still... rough around the edges but started to show some synergy. At least with Beasley, if he gets beat, he is fast and strong enough to recover... But they looked 1000 times better than with the Waffles that cut them up like... Delicious waffles.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
35023770.jpg
</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That is one of the biggest arcs on a bicycle kick i have seen</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow... what's the highest the US has been? 9th is sticking out in my head for some reason... and they probably still weren't this close to Brazil.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I *think* it was like 5th from um 2006 until they basically blew it. But I think that was the year the US and France were the only ones to not lose to Italy who were just a powerhouse.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Didn't Italy go on to win the cup or something that year?</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did. Beat France in France in penalties. Italy was awesome. Best team ever essembled before this modern Spain era.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Messi is being audited under tax evasion </p>

</p>

must have learnt that one from Maradona.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="199571" data-time="1370633438">
<div>

They did. Beat France in France in penalties. Italy was awesome. Best team ever essembled before this modern Spain era.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Best fullback group ever in my opinion. Also Buffon at the peak of his prime. Best all around team Italy put together. Midfield will never be that strong again.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="200652" data-time="1371106237">
<div>

Messi is being audited under tax evasion </p>

</p>

must have learnt that one from Maradona.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I just wanted to say fuck Maradona. Fucking cheater and dumbass. If you are going to cheat don't even ADMIT to it you dipshit.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HAHAHA Wont hear me argue. I was a huge German national fan during his time and it was always wonderful to watch him lose. Such incredible talent marred with such asshole-ery.</p>

</p>

Tax evasion? Man I can only imagine what these cats taxes look like... I bet they have to pay in every country they play in and crap.</p>

</p>

And the US squad is looking...better, but certainly not anywhere near top tier, not that they actually would be anyway. Center backs are looking better and I dont know if Donovan will get to keep his spot. They are really working that right side well now. Zusi is a great fit there. Honduras will be another good test since they lost to them last time. And with Altidore getting goals in every game in June and Dempsey getting his game-shape back, if they can find some chemistry, the spine will be solid. I do hate that Altidore is not the type of forward to ball handle to wait for the support and is so quick to ditch the ball, but Bradley IS comfortable handling this so maybe he can help from the mid.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just cant get enough of this cat:</p>

</p>

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1473626/suarez-repeats-victimised-claims?cc=5901</p>

</p>

<span style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);color:rgb(29,29,29);">The Uruguay international, 26, said his wife had been left on the verge of tears during a shopping trip when fans mocked him over his bite on Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic.</span></p>

</p>

<span style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);color:rgb(29,29,29);">“Without any proof, they gave me an eight-match ban, but with Terry, where they had proof, lip-readers, they gave him four,� he told Uruguayan television show RR Gol. “I’m South American, and I think that’s the root of all of this.</span></p>

</p>

The racist claiming racism... I love it!</p>

</p>
<p style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);margin:0px 0px 1.2em;color:rgb(29,29,29);">He said: “About a week ago, I was walking in a shopping centre near Manchester and three or four guys asked me for a photo.</p>
<p style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);margin:0px 0px 1.2em;color:rgb(29,29,29);">“While we were posing for it, my wife said to me: ‘Luis, get out of the photo.’ She noticed they were making biting gestures. I was with my wife and my daughter.</p>
<p style="background-color:rgb(255,255,255);margin:0px 0px 1.2em;color:rgb(29,29,29);">Oh to be blessed with your victimization...</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Am I racist that I get Suarez and Tevez confused all the time still.</p>