The Javier Baez Discussion Thread

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why everyone stated that he would not come up and set the MLB on fire, he would need time to adjust, but then critisize him for one bad game, in his 4th game. He adjusted in every level of the minors. So after one bad game, all of a sudden he sucks? WUT? Is this not the reason the Cubs wanted him to get his 60 games?

It's easy to see the guy is being too aggressive. I'd rather see that then him be intimidated! You Sox fans are like a bunch of vultures waiting for anything negative, it's embarrassing. Maybe you should discuss why your team is 3-7 in the last 10 games and fading fast?

Baez will learn to layoff the high fastball and slider outside. It's part of the process. He get's a good cut every time. Right now, he's swinging at bad pitches. That can be fixed as he adjusts to MLB pitching.

The power, bat speed, and aggressiveness can't be taught!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What's the record for consecutive strikeouts? Baez at six and counting

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I see a kid who is trying to live up to everyone expectation with every AB.. best thing for renteria to do for him is sit him for a couple days and let him watch.. basically help him slow the game down a bit

Liked Posts:
What's the record for consecutive strikeouts? Baez at six and counting

If I go back and look at your posts, I'm sure I can find that it's well above six consecutive strike outs. You and dew sox run neck and neck on your vapid schadenfreude comments that are meant to troll.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If I go back and look at your posts, I'm sure I can find that it's well above six consecutive strike outs. You and dew sox run neck and neck on your vapid schadenfreude comments that are meant to troll.
Go ahead. Why you refuse to stop guzzling kool aid...nvm

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Then you have to throw Bryants name in the hat as well.

I would at present time but one minor difference is even if his k rate stays high he's got a better chance to be an adam dunn type with his walk rate.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Also, those are some pretty good players on that list. Not all these prospects are going to be superstars and none of them may become a superstar.

I acknowledge that but thing to remember is again they are cream of the crop. How many players never even made it that aren't on this list? Again, not saying it's a total career killer but it's really worrying.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I would at present time but one minor difference is even if his k rate stays high he's got a better chance to be an adam dunn type with his walk rate.
And that type of production is a borderline hall of famer

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And that type of production is a borderline hall of famer

Ridiculous! Why does everyone have to be a HOF'er? How many lineups today have sure fire HOF'ers on it today? You're a DBag!

Let me ask you one question ... is Abreu a HOF right now?