The Javier Baez Discussion Thread

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Good night for baez so far, 2 good AB against Buehrle

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
It's fucking amazing how other teams top prospects seem to deliver at a higher clip than the Cubs prospects. This shit has to change at some point.

Liked Posts:
It's good to see that no one is overreacting to a young player struggling. Not only that, it's a player that was brought up with the idea that he would struggle.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Aw, shit. 2323 posted something that makes too much sense.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
It's fucking amazing how other teams top prospects seem to deliver at a higher clip than the Cubs prospects. This shit has to change at some point.

The Cubs top prospects have never been elite caliber prospects until now. I don't remember Vitters and Jackson earning praise around the baseball world. Not to mention you don't hear the hype of other teams farm systems, because you likely don't follow all 30 MILB systems

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The Cubs top prospects have never been elite caliber prospects until now. I don't remember Vitters and Jackson earning praise around the baseball world. Not to mention you don't hear the hype of other teams farm systems, because you likely don't follow all 30 MILB systems

Well, if anyone follows the Cardinals, they would know that "can't miss" Oscar Taveras came out of the chute struggling big time. He has picked it up a little, batting .240ish and an OBP of .289 which is hardly raking at the parent level.

I think he will do well unfortunately since he plays for the bad guys, and he does not strikeout like Baez, but a lot of players tend to have issues when joining the parent club.

Baez has things to work on. So does Alcantara, Olt, and Bryant will too. It's an adjustment game, and there is always room for improvement no matter who the player is.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Rizzo struggled a lot his 1st stint with the Padres, allowing his value to drop and become available to the Cubs. Made a few adjustments and had a good 1st stint with the Cubs, pitchers adjusted and he had a rough 2013. He's doing alright I'd say now. 4th wRC in the NL. Adjusted and had a breakout 2014 at 24. Most of these prospects we are talking about are 22 or younger. Relax

Will some of them bust? Yes, but just because they are awful now, does not mean they will be in 2015 ,and beyond

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all these top tier guys and the ones who become amazing are guys not even on the fans radar. it seems to work out like that.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
all these top tier guys and the ones who become amazing are guys not even on the fans radar. it seems to work out like that.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Trout, Kershaw, Gordon, Stanton all came out of nowhere.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And none of them were anywhere near as bad a start as Baez...point?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He's swinging at pitches that are in the left handed batters box. :puke:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
He's swinging at pitches that are in the left handed batters box. :puke:

And they will keep throwing them there until he doesn't swing at them anymore. It's pretty hard to strike out if you are not swinging at pitches in the dirt or 2 feet outside. Sooner or later, they will have to throw one over the plate and then you jump on it and if they don't, you simply take the walk.

He is showing his weakness, and pitchers are exploiting it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say weakness. I would call it over his head and swinging at anything.

He is out of wack because he was not ready and got tossed into the fire. I get it he needed to be humbled by major league pitching to grow as a player. I expect him in AAA to build up again before getting another shot.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
mlb_e_baez11_576x324.jpg

He literally swings at everything. Needs to learn to hold back

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
^^^

A very fixable problem. It is just pitch recognition and repetition, someone should just throw him sliders all day long in the off season and get him to recognize that spin.