1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
that's the '05 model right :)

If you checked the image url when you quoted, you would have seen that is was '04, so I was off by 10 years from when the Cubs do it. :p

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If you checked the image url when you quoted, you would have seen that is was '04, so I was off by 10 years from when the Cubs do it. :p
1) bad picture for a phone
2) 2014 is ten years
3) you are way more than ten years off

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yet, you're not Man enough to admit you were wrong. You flat out accused me of saying that you follow me around, when in fact, I innocently answered your question and you misunderstood what I said. You can't even acknowledge that!

So, Fuck You. I don't give a fuck what you think my schtick is! When you're Man enough to admit you were wrong, you can say something to me again. Until then, Fuck off!

Lol. I neither said nor implied that. Grow up.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Lol. I neither said nor implied that. Grow up.

OK, I see that I'm dealing with less intelligent people than I'm used to. If I have to fuckin spell it out for you, I will.....

You asked this question, right?

For those of us who don't routinely post on the Bears forum, would you mind provide an explanation of what a "thankbanger" is?

I answered with this.

It would be a poster that follows a certain group of other posters around and thanks them all the time. For instance, when he thinks someone gives me shit good, he will thank them. I t works in reverse as well.

Now, read carefully what you wrote.

I don't follow you around and I can tell you that based upon most of your postings in the Cubs forum, I will strongly consider thankbanging anyone who argues with you.

Listen dude, go talk to somebody else. You're a fuckin idiot if you can't understand. I laid it out right there for the World to see. It's what YOU wrote, not me. Leave me alone, you stupid mutherfucker!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
OK, I see that I'm dealing with less intelligent people than I'm used to. If I have to fuckin spell it out for you, I will.....

You asked this question, right?

I answered with this.

Now, read carefully what you wrote.

Listen dude, go talk to somebody else. You're a fuckin idiot if you can't understand. I laid it out right there for the World to see. It's what YOU wrote, not me. Leave me alone, you stupid mutherfucker!
More LOL. That doesn't say what you think it says.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That doesn't even get into viewer ratings and contract negotiations with the new deal with Fox. Money/profit is always a factor in business. To think other wise is just foolish.

That's not how you run a baseball team simply put. You call players up when they are ready not when you need money because if you screw a player of Baez's caliber up it's costing you so much more than $5 mil or whatever hypothetical figure you want to put on him being called up. And let's please not act like 2 months of Baez has any impact on tv contracts. For one, it's 2 months and it will likely barely touch the ratings. Secondly, you're talking about getting into bed with the cubs for 4-5 years minimum and possibly longer if it's someone who wants the CSN rights after 2019 too. You don't take one season's ratings into account. Thirdly, Baez was going to be around next year regardless so why does new TV suitor care about this year?

Like I said, If the front office thinks Baez is ready then great. I have no problem with him being called up. But to do it for attendance says the owners are trying to jerry jones shit. If they aren't profitable or aren't profitable enough that's hardly anything to do with Javier Baez and is an issue with a much larger root cause. If you're micromanaging your GM as the owner shit's going to be bad because frankly, the Ricketts know fuckall about being a GM.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-javier-baez-cubs-debut-20140805-story.html

Welp...Baez is batting 2nd and playing 2B. So, I was off about batting him 5th. However, the people who continually made the claim that he would be playing 3B for the Cubs should open up their mouths and shove a crow in the pie hole.

I thought he should play 3B but didn't say he would. I full acknowledged 2B was a possibility but in my opinion(and i'm still of this opinion) he profiles better as a 3B.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
So far in his first five at bats he is definitely an aggressive hitter. HE will K a lot and he will struggle at this level until he learns the strike zone better.

They hammered him with inside breaking stuff today and threw very few fastballs. He hit a solid line drive once that could have cleared the bases if not caught.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I thought he should play 3B but didn't say he would. I full acknowledged 2B was a possibility but in my opinion(and i'm still of this opinion) he profiles better as a 3B.

What does that mean "profiles better at 3rd"?

Does that mean even if he is great defensively at 2nd base, he hits HR's, and therefore, should be at 3rd?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The best profile for a player is where he could get the highest WAR. Baez's WAR at 2b if he pans out will be out of this world.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
About fuckin' time, Javy!!!!!!!!!!!!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
What does that mean "profiles better at 3rd"?

Does that mean even if he is great defensively at 2nd base, he hits HR's, and therefore, should be at 3rd?

Well for one, I think he can be every bit as good defensively at 3B which is the more valuable defensive position. But as to the question, guys who hit 35+ HRs don't play second base. They almost universally play a corner position(1b/3b/LF/RF). The reason for that is because teams often move guys like Baez to 3B and guys who aren't going to play SS but have speed to 2B(more like Alcantara). Case in point, in the minors Miggy Cabrera was a SS. The marlins moved him to 3B and when he got older and not as good defensively detroit moved him to 1B. Even if you want to point to someone like Cano, he wasn't this kind of player in the minors or even his first several years in the majors. He was a good contact guy but his power was more of a surprise after he was at 2B.

Some would ask why it matters because his bat plays wherever. My point has always been that if you play him at 2B and Castro at SS your devoting 2 of the typical 3 positions where you get lead off/top of the order hitters(SS, 2B, CF) to power hitters who aren't going to bat in the 1/2 hole long term. Some would argue that it doesn't matter the type of hitter. I would disagree. Teams have been running this sort of set up for quite a long time. Even in the steroid days, if you got an A-Rod type at SS you typically didn't run another a-rod type at 2B. And while I'm all for questioning norms, ultimately until someone does it and proves it works it's going against the norm.

Simply put, I'm worried they are building a line up which requires a lot of HRs to function and relying on HRs is chancey. On the other hand, if you have two guys similar to Alcantara in the 1/2 hole you can walk or single and their speed can advance them to 2B. Additionally, those type of hitters can take an extra base that a bulkier guy wouldn't.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well for one, I think he can be every bit as good defensively at 3B which is the more valuable defensive position. But as to the question, guys who hit 35+ HRs don't play second base. They almost universally play a corner position(1b/3b/LF/RF). The reason for that is because teams often move guys like Baez to 3B and guys who aren't going to play SS but have speed to 2B(more like Alcantara). Case in point, in the minors Miggy Cabrera was a SS. The marlins moved him to 3B and when he got older and not as good defensively detroit moved him to 1B. Even if you want to point to someone like Cano, he wasn't this kind of player in the minors or even his first several years in the majors. He was a good contact guy but his power was more of a surprise after he was at 2B.

Some would ask why it matters because his bat plays wherever. My point has always been that if you play him at 2B and Castro at SS your devoting 2 of the typical 3 positions where you get lead off/top of the order hitters(SS, 2B, CF) to power hitters who aren't going to bat in the 1/2 hole long term. Some would argue that it doesn't matter the type of hitter. I would disagree. Teams have been running this sort of set up for quite a long time. Even in the steroid days, if you got an A-Rod type at SS you typically didn't run another a-rod type at 2B. And while I'm all for questioning norms, ultimately until someone does it and proves it works it's going against the norm.

Simply put, I'm worried they are building a line up which requires a lot of HRs to function and relying on HRs is chancey. On the other hand, if you have two guys similar to Alcantara in the 1/2 hole you can walk or single and their speed can advance them to 2B. Additionally, those type of hitters can take an extra base that a bulkier guy wouldn't.

There's a lot here I don't agree with, but first of all 3B hasn't been considered the harder defensive position since maybe the 20's. While the position of 3B is down offensively there aren't that many great hitting 2B either. Baez's bat as a potential 30 HR hitting middle infield is super special.