The Myth of being contenders year after year for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
milton bradley was brought in because the post season before , the dodgers simply man handled the cubs all RH hitting line up and he simply was the best available LH power hitter available that played RF and could slot in between ramirez and lee at the expense of derosa who was a role player..

i liked the signing because of his bat and what he could of potentially done in WF , but if my memory is correct didnt he get himself kicked out in the frst game or two and suspended for arguing and bumping an umpire and it kind of trickled down hill for him from there with his bat, teammates, and fans..

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
milton bradley was brought in because the post season before , the dodgers simply man handled the cubs all RH hitting line up and he simply was the best available LH power hitter available that played RF and could slot in between ramirez and lee at the expense of derosa who was a role player..

i liked the signing because of his bat and what he could of potentially done in WF , but if my memory is correct didnt he get himself kicked out in the frst game or two and suspended for arguing and bumping an umpire and it kind of trickled down hill for him from there with his bat, teammates, and fans..

I recall him starting the season 0-21 and his first hit was a homer in Milwaukee, but I think the ejection was a lot later.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It had nothing to do with what MB did after 2009. He came in. He got the hate and the blame. He has a viotile persona and it imploded. Every event post that was just a downward spiral. He came in to the situation posting some solid production in Texas and was not a cancer there. Some people react poor to bad environments. MB was not the first and he won't be the last to go through the buzz saw on the north side. He should have just stood above it but as we saw he was not that type. The DeRosa issue was more of a depth issue. No one can predict injury. But that doesn't mean that it is a good idea to let your AAA go and get signed by the Brews for nothing and then trade out your swing guy. Ya they needed to open up some payroll. Get that part.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
So your brilliant analysis is that the Pirates used the 8th pick in the draft to select a player they planned on never even contacting??
Well, if Appel and Boras stated they were never contacted, who do you believe?

A team in the Pirates who have been a laughing stock for decades, complete with a whole "military drill" type of conditioning program which was basically blowing up at the same time of the draft and cause for at least two of its valued high prospects for being injured? There were some layers of falsehood going on for the Buc's at the time and nothing could cover up such stupidity like trying make their fans think they were trying to grab the brass ring once he started falling in the draft. It was nothing but good PR for a team that has been stagnant for so long and was dealing with some stupid shit and points the finger somewhere else.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Read yourself, then. Your entire character here is built around meatball logic that is so far, not only idiotic, but completely delusional to the point that I have to wonder, specifically if you actually have a loved one who has begged you to seek some sort of help. You have to be the biggest projectile lawn dart in the history of the internets, good job on that one, btw, with this whole "teams spend money but the Cubs" drivel that means absolutely nothing when you don't have a modicum on intelligence to comprehend specifically what it is that Theo is trying to do. And this is with gems dropped right in front of your fivehead of teams that have done the same exact thing in the past.

Break the cobwebs up in your head, son. The wheels will start to turn later then sooner it seems but surely you will catch on.
Here is a quote directly from Mark Appel

"After much thought, prayer and analysis of both opportunities, I came to the conclusion the best decision is to remain at Stanford continuing my studies, finishing my degree, and doing all I can to assist the Cardinal baseball team in our goal to win a national championship," Appel said in a statement. "I greatly valued the prospect of a professional opportunity and I will pursue a professional baseball career after getting my Stanford degree."

So please tell me how he was able to analyze something that was never even offered to him??
Analyzing turning pro? Or staying in college one more year and hopefully getting overall pick money? Nowhere in his statement did he say he turned down money, he just said he analyzed turning pro. Hmm, maybe he wanted one more year in college, maybe he wanted to further his education. Such a open ended comment that nobody but Appel himself knows the truth to. Maybe he didn't want to go to that hovel in Pittsburgh? You don't know and are just speculating. What I know, is he and Boras said they wernt even contacted by them.

Ah yes, the most overrated thing in sports. The love fest in the locker room. Yippie. The crutch of the ignorant.

With that 'destroyed' locker room, the Cubs still won 83 games while the great chemistry team that Sveum had everyone holding hands and sing cumbaya in the locker room before every game last year lost 101 games.

Exactly how much is it really worth??

Looks like not too much.
Look at the talent of both teams. Bradley was a mistake. Now, I know you enjoy having your chin here in front of a revolving door but bear with some honest logic;

Bradley was a mistake.
Its not your team.
You are just a fan.
Your OP is nothing but a bunch of hot air.
Theo is building this team the right way.

Oh yeah, and on Maury, the results are in-"Iam your daddy".

Self mutilation, even on a message board, is a horrible sight. If you have such a hard time dealing with the way Ricketts and company are trying to build a new brand with the Cubs, you don't even have to leave the city to go root for another team. Its not that complicated.

Creme

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Not the point. Once again you blatantly miss it.

Soriano said on if he would waive his 10-5 and go with SF: "I don't think so, because San Francisco is not good weather to play," Soriano said. "It's on the West Coast, and I never played on the West Coast. But we'll see what happens. I'll see if they call and talk with my family to see. It's not my call. So I want to talk with my family in case they call and see what happens. I want whats best for my family and the cubs in any situation."

I said it was his loss, but it was his decision. Now on being traded in general via an article on espnchicago:

"I want to go somewhere where I'd feel comfortable," Soriano said Monday.

"(The Cubs) know what teams," Soriano said of a trade this season. "We talked, my agent talked with those guys."

Soriano said there were "6 or 7" teams in the "east or center" that he's given the Cubs as potential landing spots if he's moved.

--So to sum up, hes open to a trade, has/had constant with Thoyer, and is ok with getting dealt if its the right deal. Seeing as how the cubs are paying him 136 million unless someone takes on his contract and he agrees; he wants whats best for the cubs; see the first quote about turning down the giants deal. He will accept a deal if its good for his family and helps the cubs, but he'd rather win with the cubs first.

Go on cupcake, wiggle out of this one......

or forget, I've noticed you've become quite talented at forgetting things you get shown up on.....you're like Kevin Garnett, quick to get in someone's face when you're right, first one scampering off to the lockerroom, tail between legs when wrong.
I said he is playing for another contract.
Sadly, you stated he was playing to be traded.

I said he could have taken the offer from the Giants.

You now quote he didn't want to go west, and is looking out for the Cubs best interests when jettisoning him would have been the best thing he could have done for the Cubs.

You pointed out his numbers last year on a 100 loss team.
I pointed out his numbers have been on the decline ever since he signed with the Cubs outside of last year surrounded by bad talent.
I also pointed out his is horrible in the post season.

Now, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I find it puzzling Sori suddenly found his stride while playing on a losing team when his contract is soon up. Where was this guy when the Cubs actually had talent to surround him with? Oh yeah, he was complaining about where he was being placed in the batting order and being the worst fielding outfielder in all of baseball.

What did I forget again?

As for the Garnett comparison, hes a millionaire. Thanx.(chuckles)

Creme

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He turned down SFG due to the weather affecting his knees. There is higher moisture in the air which last I checked would cause bad joints some issues. Second: he has been quoted that he would retire now if he had his choice but he will play out his contract. Again this ties to his health issues but he is no leaving 38 mil to retire. So I doubt he was playing for a contract. He just had a good year. Get over it.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
He turned down SFG due to the weather affecting his knees. There is higher moisture in the air which last I checked would cause bad joints some issues. Second: he has been quoted that he would retire now if he had his choice but he will play out his contract. Again this ties to his health issues but he is no leaving 38 mil to retire. So I doubt he was playing for a contract. He just had a good year. Get over it.

Speculation on your part.

Unless you are Soriano, you are just basing what he said on your opinion.

And if you really are Soriano, how does it feel robbing so much money?

Creme

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Very true, as much as it sucks to have the money tied up in an aging player, who would leave 38 million dollars on the table? That would just be Special person.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

I said he could have taken the offer from the Giants.

You now quote he didn't want to go west, and is looking out for the Cubs best interests when jettisoning him would have been the best thing he could have done for the Cubs.

You pointed out his numbers last year on a 100 loss team.
I pointed out his numbers have been on the decline ever since he signed with the Cubs outside of last year surrounded by bad talent.
I also pointed out his is horrible in the post season.

Now, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I find it puzzling Sori suddenly found his stride while playing on a losing team when his contract is soon up. Where was this guy when the Cubs actually had talent to surround him with? Oh yeah, he was complaining about where he was being placed in the batting order and being the worst fielding outfielder in all of baseball.

What did I forget again?

As for the Garnett comparison, hes a millionaire. Thanx.(chuckles)

Creme

Dumb.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Why, hello!

With such a huge, articulate opinion, which pretty much reminds me of breading that has fallen off an onion ring, allow me to introduce myself; my nic is Martini and I have such a way with words and stream lined opinion I can leave others, such as you, in the dust while actually clicking send on such supremely vacant posts like the upward quoted "dumb".

Now, I don't claim to know everything about baseball, but have a pretty decent idea as to how to add to a message board. It isn't that hard. well, for me it isn't, but if you work on it and maybe possibly get some sort of life coach to guide you, surely there could be come positives in your gain.

Creme

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Why, hello!

With such a huge, articulate opinion, which pretty much reminds me of breading that has fallen off an onion ring, allow me to introduce myself; my nic is Martini and I have such a way with words and stream lined opinion I can leave others, such as you, in the dust while actually clicking send on such supremely vacant posts like the upward quoted "dumb".

Now, I don't claim to know everything about baseball, but have a pretty decent idea as to how to add to a message board. It isn't that hard. well, for me it isn't, but if you work on it and maybe possibly get some sort of life coach to guide you, surely there could be come positives in your gain.

Creme

Dumber.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Originally Posted by BearsWillWin
The logic that losing now for the sake of winning later is not at all a proven way to build a team?

Perhaps you could show us how that is indeed a proven way to build a team.

Go on.......
Still waiting on our resident genius. Should be right on the tip of your tongue.

Don't leave us in suspense like this, Oh Mighty One.

Still waiting for our self crowned "jewel" to come up with an answer to this.

After you are done sifting through your own diarrhea, that you believe is gold.

Try answering the simple question that was conveniently dodged, Oh Mighty One.

patg006

Liked Posts:

What did I forget again?

Unless you are Soriano, you are just basing what he said on your opinion

Creme

He said hes only interested in playing 2-3 years more, and possibly for a contender if the right situation comes up (hence his list of yankees, rangers, dodgers.)

Now you're just grasping at straws......its kinda funny actually.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I recall him starting the season 0-21 and his first hit was a homer in Milwaukee, but I think the ejection was a lot later.

looked it up.. it was the 8th game.. he started out 1-19 got suspended for 2 games and then went 10 for his next 40 ABs with a total of 3 HRS and 4 RBIs
his first homer was against MIlL before the susp.

anyhow i liked the signing cause i thought he could add some LH spark to the lineup but he just never was able to shake the baggage he had and it just seemed to spiral after that incident..

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
looked it up.. it was the 8th game.. he started out 1-19 got suspended for 2 games and then went 10 for his next 40 ABs with a total of 3 HRS and 4 RBIs
his first homer was against MIlL before the susp.

anyhow i liked the signing cause i thought he could add some LH spark to the lineup but he just never was able to shake the baggage he had and it just seemed to spiral after that incident..

In Hendry's quest to get left handed, Bradley was not the Cubs first choice. It was Raul Ibanez. The Cubs signed Fukudome to man CF, and the Mariners wanted Felix Pie and Hoffpaur for Ibanez. Hendry was not going to send them the Cubs top prospect to land Ibanez for the remainder of the 07' season when he was going to be a free agent. Of course, hind sight says maybe he should have.

Anyways, Ibanez was still tops on the Cubs radar after the 07' season, and the Phillies then snatched up Ibanez from underneath the Cubs. The Cubs then took the next available power-hitting left hander which was Bradley.

Pure speculation on my part.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
In Hendry's quest to get left handed, Bradley was not the Cubs first choice. It was Raul Ibanez. The Cubs signed Fukudome to man CF, and the Mariners wanted Felix Pie and Hoffpaur for Ibanez. Hendry was not going to send them the Cubs top prospect to land Ibanez for the remainder of the 07' season when he was going to be a free agent. Of course, hind sight says maybe he should have.

Anyways, Ibanez was still tops on the Cubs radar after the 07' season, and the Phillies then snatched up Ibanez from underneath the Cubs. The Cubs then took the next available power-hitting left hander which was Bradley

Pure speculation on my part.

i dont recall any possible trade for ibanez after the 2007 season, as i recall in 2008 they went with pie in CF, fukudome started in RF, and soriano in LF.. pie struggled and they went and got jim edmonds to play CF..

they did have interest in ibanez as a FA after the 2008 season and i think hendry chose bradley over ibanez because of defense

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
i dont recall any possible trade for ibanez after the 2007 season, as i recall in 2008 they went with pie in CF, fukudome started in RF, and soriano in LF.. pie struggled and they went and got jim edmonds to play CF..

they did have interest in ibanez as a FA after the 2008 season and i think hendry chose bradley over ibanez because of defense

Take it with a grain of salt, but their were multiple rumors that the Mariners wanted to trade Ibanez to the Cubs. The Cubs also had interest in him as a free agent, but like I said, the Phillies inked Ibanez in December of 08', and the Cubs signed Bradley in January of 09'. He was the next obvious power bat from the left side.

If Pie and Fukudome were in the plans for the Cubs, I would think that they would have never signed Bradley to begin with.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Unless you are Soriano, you are just basing what he said on your opinion.

And if you really are Soriano, how does it feel robbing so much money?

Speculation my ass. Stop acting like you know mkay.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/ar...tebook_id=39423266&vkey=notebook_mlb&c_id=mlb

CHICAGO -- When Alfonso Soriano signed his eight-year contract with the Cubs in November 2006, it was with the intent of getting to the World Series. Soriano did make the playoffs twice with the Cubs, but they are now in rebuilding mode. He has two years left on his deal.

How long can Soriano wait?

"It depends on how long," he said prior to Wednesday's season finale. "If they want to rebuild next year, I'll be here. If they want to take longer than two years, I have to think about moving to another team that can win quickly. I have two more years on the contract, and maybe I'll retire after that. I want to have one more shot to get to the World Series before I retire."

Retire?

"I just say that -- the way I feel now, I wish it could be my No. 8 year on my contract, so I could retire today," said Soriano, weary from the season. "There's two more years left."

So he's not going to play when he's 40?

"I don't think so," he said. "I think two more years -- it depends on how I feel. If I feel like I feel now in two years, I'll want to retire right away."

Soriano did not start on Wednesday. Cubs manager Dale Sveum asked the veteran if he wanted to play, and Soriano said that was enough.

"Personally, I feel proud of myself," Soriano said of his season, in which he hit 32 home runs and drove in a career-high 108 runs. "At 36, what I can do, even with a bad knee, I just worked hard to do what I could do because I love this game and never like being down. I'm working hard to make this team better. If I'm healthy, I know I'll put up numbers, but more important, I can help this team win."

He will not have surgery on his troublesome left knee, but spend the offseason strengthening it. He's quieted his critics.

"People always see me with the wrong eyes," Soriano said. "I think the manager and [Theo Epstein] and all those guys, they appreciate what I do. They gave me an opportunity to bat cleanup and I did the best I could to make the team better."

Sveum wants Soriano back.

"No question about it," Sveum said. "To have 32 home runs and 108 RBIs, and to play left field like he has with his speed and the legs he has, he's done a great job in the outfield. Everything he does in that clubhouse, his work ethic is unmatched in my career. I haven't seen too many people in my career go about their business on an everyday basis like 'Sori' does. To produce, for a manager, is even better."

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/ar...tebook_id=36753680&vkey=notebook_chc&c_id=chc

CHICAGO -- Alfonso Soriano has reportedly cleared waivers and has been mentioned as a possible option for the Giants, but the Cubs outfielder said Wednesday he doesn't think San Francisco is a good fit.

The Giants may be looking for help following the news of outfielder Melky Cabrera's 50-game suspension.

CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reported Wednesday that Soriano, 36, had cleared waivers, but any deal would be pending the outfielder's approval because he has a no-trade clause. Soriano is still owed about $45 million through the end of the 2014 season.

"I saw the news [about Cabrera] -- somebody told me," Soriano said after Wednesday's game. "I feel sorry for him because he was having an unbelievable year. I don't know why people take those drugs. They know if they take something, someday they're going to get them. I don't know what the Giants want to do. We'll see."

The Cubs have not talked to Soriano about any possible deals. What does he think about going to the Giants?

"I don't think so," Soriano said. "San Francisco is not good weather to play in. We'll see what happens. I'll talk to my family. It's not my call -- I only have 50 percent of the call. It's my family, too. I'll talk to them in case [the Cubs] call."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/stor...-soriano-doubts-ok-trade-san-francisco-giants

By Doug Padilla | ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- Even if the San Francisco Giants take another stab at acquiring Alfonso Soriano, it doesn't seem as if the Chicago Cubs left fielder will approve a deal to the West Coast team.

With the Giants losing left fielder Melky Cabrera for the rest of the regular season because of a failed drug test, Soriano could spark some renewed interest from San Francisco.

Players still can be traded after the July 31 non-waiver deadline; they just first have to pass through waivers. ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine confirmed Soriano cleared waivers, according to a source. CBS Sports' Jon Heyman first reported via Twitter on Wednesday that Soriano and closer Carlos Marmol had passed through waivers.

Soriano reportedly nixed a potential deal to the Giants in July and was asked Wednesday if he would go to them this time.

"I don't think so, because San Francisco is not good weather to play," Soriano said. "It's on the West Coast, and I never played on the West Coast. But we'll see what happens. I'll see if they call and talk with my family to see. It's not my call. So I want to talk with my family in case they call and see what happens."

As the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline approached, ESPN's Jim Bowden reported that Soriano notified the Cubs he was not interested in going to the Giants. Soriano has the right to veto any trade, an honor he earned from having played at least 10 years in the league and at least the last five with the same club. That veto power also applies to waiver deals.

Besides his weather concerns, other speculation circulated that Soriano's lack of interest in the Giants also stemmed from having to play at AT&T Park and dealing with its power-neutralizing effects. Not only does the Giants' home park have huge outfield dimensions, the ball doesn't seem to travel as well on the shore of the San Francisco Bay.

Since each team's playoff roster is due at the end of the month, a deal would have to be in place by Aug. 31 to make any traded player eligible for postseason play.

I probably could go on here. Fact is he has 38 mil left on the table so no he is not going to retire to pacify some dumb fan(s)

Ask your self that question? Retire and not receive 38 mil....play and get paid.....hmmmm. :shrug:

And yes every article alludes to his health issues with his knees. again it was brought up post season.

So if you want to bang on a guy for putting his health first above a 1 year whirl more power to you. :hitler:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So many people have bought into the PR campaign that throwing away a couple seasons will magically lead to the Cubs being contenders year in and year out for an extended period of time that I decided to break down some numbers on really how difficult that is to accomplish.

I looked at the last 20 years.

Obviously the Yankees dominated the numbers. So much for the farm system is the only way to develop long term success myth.

The Yankees were the only team to win the World Series more than twice in the last 20 years, winning six. The Marlins, Cardinals, Giants and Red Sox were the only teams to win even two. Six teams won once.

There were only three teams that made the playoffs in at least half of the last 20 years. Yankees 17 times, Braves 14 times and Cardinals 10 times. Only 2 more teams made the playoffs in at least 1/3 of the seasons which was 7 or more times, Boston and Cleveland.

Only 2 teams made the playoffs in 10+ straight seasons, the Yankees at 13 and the Braves with 11. Only two more teams had a streak of even 5 straight seasons, Cleveland and Philadelphia.

Only 3 teams won at least 90 games in half the seasons, Yankees 15 times, Braves 13 times and Red Sox 10 times. There were only 4 teams that won 90 or more games 1/3 of the time (7 or more), the Giants with 9 and Cleveland, Oakland and St Louis with 7.

So less than a quarter of teams in the league were contenders in at least a third of the last twenty seasons.

I used 90 games since so many of the experts here have repeatedly stating that winning 85 games is a waste of time, so I wouldn't want to included such wasted seasons as part of being contenders.

The longest streak of 90+ wins was of course the Yankees with 7. Atlanta had a streak of 6, while Oakland and San Francisco had streaks of 5 and Seattle and Philadelphia had streaks of 4. No other teams had at least 4 straight 90 win seasons. So only 20% of the teams in baseball had a streak of at least 4 years in a row winning 90+ games.

But somehow the Cubs will be able to just throw away a couple seasons and build an almost unprecedented winning machine because Theo is at the helm??

Really?? I am so glad we are being reasonable and realistic here.

Everyone's flavor of the month as the blueprint to team building a couple years ago was the Tampa Rays. They had to throw away NINE straight seasons to get their little moment in the sun and now they are fading back to the basement because they simply cant replace the players as fast as they are losing them.

Let the Theo apologist's go wild now on how distorted my facts are because they choose to ignore the message because of the messenger.

You literally didn't make a single point. Not one. What "message" are you trying to portray? The Cubs are going to continue to be under .500 for a few more seasons while the team concentrates its efforts on adding depth at the minor league level and acquiring reciprocative assets that can be turned into draft considerations, prospects or cash? Well yeah, everyone knew that when Hoyer and Epistein were hired. Apparently, you didn't watch their press conference. This was their plan of action. If you're too dense to understand that, that's on you. Not us.

First off, the Yankees teams that rattled off all the championships in the 90s and early 2000s had a foundation of Bernie Williams, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera -- all products of the Yankees' farm system. Sure, they signed more marquee free agents, but they also were able to use the depth in their farm system to land key role players in trades -- Chuck Knoblauch, Chad Curtis, Paul O' Neill, Tino Martinez, etc. It's only until the Yankees signed that huge $1.5 billion TV deal with the YES Network in '04 that they really went ballistic with their free agent spending. So, please quit using the horrible layman's understanding of the Yankees and "how they built the evil empire."

Second, using the Rays' current roster model to compare to what the Cubs are looking to accomplish is just nearsighted and uneducated on your part. The team has a terrible stadium, a terrible local TV deal and a wavering fan base. Most people in St. Petersburg are old transplants from the Northeast, who are more than likely Mets, Yankees or Red Sox fans. Since Andrew Friedman was promoted to GM in 2005, the Rays have had a fantastic model of a sustainable roster, something the Cardinals, Rangers and Giants have been able to duplicate the blueprint of creating a sustainable roster with rousing success.

Look at the facts -- the core of each of these teams' rosters are all homegrown, either signed as amateur free agents, drafted, signed internationally or acquired in trades. They're teams who maximize prospect and player contract control, pace themselves during arbitration years in order to limit spending and maximize value on players who can yield a high return in trades (for example, the the Wade Davis/James Shields deal this offseason that netted the Rays 4 top 10 prospects, including Wil Myers.) The advantage the Cubs have is that they actually have the revenue stream to keep their homegrown players, as opposed to teams like Oakland, Pittsburgh and the aforementioned Rays. Much like the Cards and Rangers, the Cubs will look to lock up integral parts (middle infielders, starting pitching and outfielders) and continue to move stragglers to fringe contenders that are looking to add "the missing piece."

People need to stop pretending that signing one or two "big" free agents would've expedited the Cubs' rebuilding process. You think putting Josh Hamilton and Anibal Sanchez would've pushed us to 90 wins? Doubt it. Probably wouldn't have gotten us to 80 wins. So, please explain to me how tying up all that money into one or two players would've benefited a team that lacked several key components to being a contender. Spell out to us, all of the "stupid Theo apologists," what relevance a previous generation of baseball results has on how the Cubs are trying to model their infrastructure on the tried and true method of building from within.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Speculation my ass. Stop acting like you know mkay.
:
Puff piece.

Soriano used the media to justify his decision on using his trade veto power to satisfy the people who wanted him gone. Going as far as saying, like a dedicated loyalist, how he was putting the Cubs best wishes ahead of his. Sorry, sounds to me like spin doctoring when the best case scenario would have been for him to leave.

This is a rebuild. They don't need Soriano sticking around when he is obviously not in the cards when the prospects Theo is accumulating are ready. If he turned down a trade citing health concerns over playing on the West coast....ok? Because the weather in Chicago is so much friggin better, I mean, with the cold during the first few months and the end of the season. Yeah, that sounds like a totally honest reason considering how older players just run to the West coast when they have a chance. I mean, just using Maddux as an example of a player who towards the end of his career benefitted from playing in the warm weather to further his career if even for a few more years. Like really? Do you honestly believe with a straight face the weather on the West coast was such a horrible deterrent over seeing how playing on a crappy team, and the GM himself stated right before her came into power it was gonna be a crappy team, making Sori look that much better surrounded by crappy players so his stock, even as an older free agent in waiting, will be able to possibly bank a few more bucks out of an impending deal?

Give your head a shake. No...seriously.

Creme

Status
Not open for further replies.