The Myth of being contenders year after year for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
I think it's funny that Sori was worried about "damp weather" in SF when it rains less than 80 days a year there on average.

Of course you realize it's always damp there because it's on the friggin ocean, no?

What am I saying.....you knew that. It's one of the foggiest cities in the US........wanna take a stab at what causes fog?

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
So Milwaukee having a roofed stadium which would prevent Soriano's family from being cold or him getting cold when he's not in the roofed stadium?

You are a perfect example of being too stupid for words.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Go take a look at San Francisco's average climate year round...Yes it can get "cold and windy" in SF by California standards...so Soriano turns down a trade to SF to stay in..............CHICAGO?!?!

Because he wanted to keep his family in one place instead of moving them. San Fran was not on his list of places he would be willing to move.

In the end, his reasons are his and there's no amount of bitching and moaning you can do to change that.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
PHP4934A69D8AAA0.jpg

Sup

Backatcha!

The Cubs were never rumored to want Dunn and his mammoth 190 plus strikeouts and his hefty .240 average per year. They actually wanted a couple of guys that could not only hit for power, but actually play a defense better than MLB's version of Toby Keith.

Hence wanting Ibanez, and then settling for Bradley.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because he wanted to keep his family in one place instead of moving them. San Fran was not on his list of places he would be willing to move.

In the end, his reasons are his and there's no amount of bitching and moaning you can do to change that.

Why would he have to move his family? If his family is already in LA..him going to SF is much closer than Chicago. If his family is in Chicago...his family is moving west anyways.

Where does Sori's family currently live? Not that it matters really because even if they live in Florida or anywhere out east you're talking an absolute negligible difference of a 5 hour car trip between SF and LA.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Backatcha!

The Cubs were never rumored to want Dunn and his mammoth 190 plus strikeouts and his hefty .240 average per year. They actually wanted a couple of guys that could not only hit for power, but actually play a defense better than MLB's version of Toby Keith.

Hence wanting Ibanez, and then settling for Bradley.
I never said they Cubs "wanted" Dunn..or were "rumored" to be in on Dunn. You said Bradley and Ibanez were the best LH bats. They weren't, Dunn was.

Last edited:

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
New York is a fucking island.

Which pertains to fog in SF how?

Los Angeles is on an Ocean.

Technically, it's not.

Well whatever causes it Chicago and New York seem to have more cloudy and foggy days than San Francisco.

Both cities also have higher average temperatures during baseball season.

But keep trying to make yourself right........this is fun.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which pertains to fog in SF how?
It has more foggy days than SF.

Technically, it's not.

So Los Angeles city center being a whopping 30 minute drive from the ocean makes it "not technically" on the ocean despite you having communites like lawndale etc that are suburbs and are practically blocks from the Ocean. Got it.

Both cities also have higher average temperatures during baseball season.

I never said they didn't..then again New York and Chicago have virtual identical average highs April-Oct.

April: 61/59
May: 70/70
June: 79/80
July: 84/84
August: 83/82
Sept: 75/75
Oct: 64/63

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Why would he have to move his family?

Generally, people like for their family to be with them. You get married and have kids and then they kinda follow you around wherever you go.

It's crazy, I know. But that is life.

If his family is already in LA..him going to SF is much closer than Chicago.

Why would a guy that has spent his career in NY, Texas, Washington DC, and Chicago keep his family in LA?

If his family is in Chicago...his family is moving west anyways.

And I think part of his objection was not wanting to move his family west.

You don't wear a helmet, do you?

Where does Sori's family currently live?

I'd guess with him. But I'm silly.

Not that it matters really because even if they live in Florida or anywhere out east you're talking an absolute negligible difference of a 5 hour car trip between SF and LA.

Alright.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

**11:25am: ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Phillies, Mets, and Cubs are in the lead for Raul Ibanez, with the Braves and Angels on the periphery.

Thursday, 11.50AM

**Tom Singer of MLB.com says that while Raul Ibanez is still coveted by the Cubs, he believes that the interim GM, Lou Pelekoudas lacks the authority to wheel and deal on is own, which will hamper any deals. It appears time will run out Ibanez being moved before the deadline.

Wednesday, 7:25PM

**Bruce Miles of The Daily Herald is reporting that GM Jim Hendry has discussed a Raul Ibanez trade, but he's not sure a deal can be had.

Wednesday, 3:47PM

**Jayson Stark has another update today on the Raul Ibanez/Cubs rumors.

**The Cubs, meanwhile, are resisting attempts by Seattle to get Felix Pie and a second prospect for Ibanez. The Cubs almost certainly would be willing to offer a couple of prospects in the Sam Fuld stratum. But teams that have spoken with the Cubs say they've shown little sense of urgency to overpay to add a final piece or two of late.

In the offseason free agent market, there were two teams with great interest in right fielder Raul Ibanez. Today one team is thankful for acquiring the veteran, and the other wishes they had him.

The Phillies signed Ibanez to a deal, and the Chicago Cubs were forced to find another option—so they made the decision that was supposed to help out more and signed Milton Bradley.

It has not gone exactly to plan for the Cubbies, as Bradley has had a rough season on the field, on the bench, and at the plate.

Bradley was thought to give the offense a lift for a team that many felt could make a run at the National League pennant and possibly the World Series (myself not included in either category). To date Bradley is hitting a woeful .238 (.201 against right-handed pitching) with just 29 runs scored and 21 runs batted in.

Pouring salt on the wounds of the Chicago faithful, Ibanez has had such a successful season so far that he earned his first career All-Star berth and went as a starter.

Ibanez is hitting .310 (.311 against right-handed pitching) with 58 runs scored, 68 runs batted in, and a team-leading 25 home runs. Let me repeat that last part: team-leading 25 home runs on a team that has Ryan Howard and Chase Utley.

Former manager for Ibanez and current Cubs skipper Lou Piniella is a fan of Ibanez:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Generally, people like for their family to be with them. You get married and have kids and then they kinda follow you around wherever you go.

It's crazy, I know. But that is life.
Missed the point.

And I think part of his objection was not wanting to move his family west.

THEN WHY WERE THE RANGERS AND DODGERS ON HIS LIST?!?!?! Both are WEST OF CHICAGO.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
It has more foggy days than SF.

Okay. So does Austin, Texas.

Soriano said he didn't like the weather in SF. Which I think means a combination of their weather.......lower temps, fog, rain, dampness, yadda yadda. Cities like Chicago and NY have the same but also have higher temps during the summer that are a bit closer to what a person that grew up in the Dominican might be used to.

So Los Angeles city center being a whopping 30 minute drive from the ocean makes it "not technically" on the ocean despite you having communites like lawndale etc that are suburbs and are practically blocks from the Ocean. Got it.

Do you got it? Because I think you might be lying to me.

I never said they didn't..then again New York and Chicago have virtual identical average highs April-Oct.

Great.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
**11:25am: ESPN's Jayson Stark says the Phillies, Mets, and Cubs are in the lead for Raul Ibanez, with the Braves and Angels on the periphery.

Thursday, 11.50AM

**Tom Singer of MLB.com says that while Raul Ibanez is still coveted by the Cubs, he believes that the interim GM, Lou Pelekoudas lacks the authority to wheel and deal on is own, which will hamper any deals. It appears time will run out Ibanez being moved before the deadline.

Wednesday, 7:25PM

**Bruce Miles of The Daily Herald is reporting that GM Jim Hendry has discussed a Raul Ibanez trade, but he's not sure a deal can be had.

Wednesday, 3:47PM

**Jayson Stark has another update today on the Raul Ibanez/Cubs rumors.

**The Cubs, meanwhile, are resisting attempts by Seattle to get Felix Pie and a second prospect for Ibanez. The Cubs almost certainly would be willing to offer a couple of prospects in the Sam Fuld stratum. But teams that have spoken with the Cubs say they've shown little sense of urgency to overpay to add a final piece or two of late.

In the offseason free agent market, there were two teams with great interest in right fielder Raul Ibanez. Today one team is thankful for acquiring the veteran, and the other wishes they had him.

The Phillies signed Ibanez to a deal, and the Chicago Cubs were forced to find another option—so they made the decision that was supposed to help out more and signed Milton Bradley.

It has not gone exactly to plan for the Cubbies, as Bradley has had a rough season on the field, on the bench, and at the plate.

Bradley was thought to give the offense a lift for a team that many felt could make a run at the National League pennant and possibly the World Series (myself not included in either category). To date Bradley is hitting a woeful .238 (.201 against right-handed pitching) with just 29 runs scored and 21 runs batted in.

Pouring salt on the wounds of the Chicago faithful, Ibanez has had such a successful season so far that he earned his first career All-Star berth and went as a starter.

Ibanez is hitting .310 (.311 against right-handed pitching) with 58 runs scored, 68 runs batted in, and a team-leading 25 home runs. Let me repeat that last part: team-leading 25 home runs on a team that has Ryan Howard and Chase Utley.

Former manager for Ibanez and current Cubs skipper Lou Piniella is a fan of Ibanez:

Umm...yeah..thanks for proving my point. Your timeline sucked. I just gave you a link(From 12/11/2008) showing that before Ibanez was signed by Philly(12/16/08) Bradley was the guy the Cubs wanted.

Don't like it? Not my problem you don't know how to use a calendar.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Missed the point.

Can't miss something that isn't there.

THEN WHY WERE THE RANGERS AND DODGERS ON HIS LIST?!?!?! Both are WEST OF CHICAGO.

I'd assume the Rangers were on the list because he played there before and he saw them as a top contender. I'd also assume he saw LA as a better place to play than SF. Ultimately, he was obviously wrong because SF won it all.

Not saying he is right. Just saying you need to look at it from his point of view at the time he was going through it. Everything is clear in hindsight.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yep.

Good thing there is no MLB team there for Sori to eliminate. But way to get pissy when I prove your idiocy.

Soriano said he didn't like the weather in SF. Which I think means a combination of their weather.......lower temps, fog, rain, dampness, yadda yadda. Cities like Chicago and NY have the same but also have higher temps during the summer that are a bit closer to what a person that grew up in the Dominican might be used to.
Sounds like he's 1 Special person because he likely doesn't even know the weather there..and 2. He didn't like the mild weather there so he chose to stay in Chicago and New York which annually has more fogs and clouds than SF...they also have less rain and snow than SF. :andruw:

Chicago: 36in precip(28in of snow) 124 precipitation days a year
New York: 46in of precip a year(23in of snow) 113 precip days a year
SF: 20 in precip a year(no snow) 64 precip days a year

Good work Sori

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
How often does it snow during baseball season in Chicago and New York?

Exactly........now try to tell me you're not a moron.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can't miss something that isn't there.

I'd assume the Rangers were on the list because he played there before and he saw them as a top contender. I'd also assume he saw LA as a better place to play than SF. Ultimately, he was obviously wrong because SF won it all.

Not saying he is right. Just saying you need to look at it from his point of view at the time he was going through it. Everything is clear in hindsight.

Except for climate reports and the fact that San Francisco was coming off a WS title two seasons prior and was looking like they were going to win the division again while the Dodgers were faltering and a mess at the ownership level recently.

I just think Soriano is a massive Special person.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Do you got it? Because I think you might be lying to me.

Great.

Don't waste your breath BW's. We now have this boards version of czman. Soriano vetoed the trade for a reason which he has every right to do. Maybe it's the weather that affects his arthritic knees, maybe it's the fact that you don't hit for much power at night in Frisco versus day ball in Wrigley, maybe it was his family, or maybe he just didn't like their team colors. Who cares?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How often does it snow during baseball season in Chicago and New York?

Exactly........now try to tell me you're not a moron.

I would venture to guess more than in San Francisco.

Oh yeah, how often does it rain in Chicago and NY during baseball season?

More or less than in SF?
Nice work dipshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.