The Myth of being contenders year after year for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
milton bradley was brought in because the post season before , the dodgers simply man handled the cubs all RH hitting line up and he simply was the best available LH power hitter available that played RF and could slot in between ramirez and lee at the expense of derosa who was a role player..

i liked the signing because of his bat and what he could of potentially done in WF , but if my memory is correct didnt he get himself kicked out in the frst game or two and suspended for arguing and bumping an umpire and it kind of trickled down hill for him from there with his bat, teammates, and fans..
Actually..that was Dunn...who was even cheaper than Bradley by a year.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Puff piece.

Soriano used the media to justify his decision on using his trade veto power to satisfy the people who wanted him gone. Going as far as saying, like a dedicated loyalist, how he was putting the Cubs best wishes ahead of his. Sorry, sounds to me like spin doctoring when the best case scenario would have been for him to leave.

Creme

OH----OK.

So if you speculate something its correct, but when others do it its just a puff piece and bullshit speculation. Gotcha. Your opinion matters only :fap:

Not a hypocrite. At all.

Do us a favor, go learn about baseball......

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He said hes only interested in playing 2-3 years more, and possibly for a contender if the right situation comes up (hence his list of yankees, rangers, dodgers.)

Now you're just grasping at straws......its kinda funny actually.

Clearly the Giants aren't contenders. They only have more World Series titles in the last 5 years than those other three teams combined..............

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In Hendry's quest to get left handed, Bradley was not the Cubs first choice. It was Raul Ibanez. The Cubs signed Fukudome to man CF(Dec 2007), and the Mariners wanted Felix Pie and Hoffpaur for Ibanez(Mid 2008..after they signed Bradley and mucked it up...Ibanez was the backup plan to Fukudome after the 2007 season). Hendry was not going to send them the Cubs top prospect to land Ibanez for the remainder of the 07'(Actually 2008..and Pie wasn't the Cubs top spect then. It was actually Vitters, Soto, Colvin etc http://www.baseballamerica.com/toda...rganization-top-10-prospects/2008/265209.html) (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3511509&name=mlb_trade_deadline) season when he was going to be a free agent. Of course, hind sight says maybe he should have.

Anyways, Ibanez was still tops on the Cubs radar after the 07' season(actually that was Kosuke), and the Phillies then snatched up Ibanez from underneath the Cubs(Not really. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/cubs-focused-on.html) The Cubs then took the next available power-hitting left hander which was Bradley(Dunn).

Pure speculation on my part.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/cubs-rumors-fuk.html

Your timeline is a mess.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take it with a grain of salt, but their were multiple rumors that the Mariners wanted to trade Ibanez to the Cubs. The Cubs also had interest in him as a free agent, but like I said, the Phillies inked Ibanez in December of 08', and the Cubs signed Bradley in January of 09'. He was the next obvious power bat from the left side.

If Pie and Fukudome were in the plans for the Cubs, I would think that they would have never signed Bradley to begin with.

PHP4934A69D8AAA0.jpg

Sup

patg006

Liked Posts:
Clearly the Giants aren't contenders. They only have more World Series titles in the last 5 years than those other three teams combined..............

Is today slow and fucking stupid day?

You clearly lack reading comprehension. Why did Soriano not want to go to the Giants? Look it up you special little wizard; in fact--heres a hint. We put why about 2-3 times on this thread.

Educate yourself......

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is today slow and fucking stupid day?

You clearly lack reading comprehension. Why did Soriano not want to go to the Giants? Look it up you special little wizard; in fact--heres a hint. We put why about 2-3 times on this thread.

Educate yourself......

Yeah because playing games on the west coast in San Fran, LA, SD, and Arizona is totally a much tougher climate to deal with than Chicago, St Louis, Milwaukee, Cincy, and Pitt or playing out east in New England a ton. Someone get Sori the meteorological info for California and Arizona.

BRB, names Dodgers as a finalist...when saying why he doesn't want to play in San Francisco ""It's on the West Coast, and I never played on the West Coast.".

:andruw:

Someone get Sori a map.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Yeah because playing games on the west coast in San Fran, LA, SD, and Arizona is totally a much tougher climate to deal with than Chicago, St Louis, Milwaukee, Cincy, and Pitt or playing out east in New England a ton. Someone get Sori the meteorological info for California and Arizona.

BRB, names Dodgers as a finalist...when saying why he doesn't want to play in San Francisco ""It's on the West Coast, and I never played on the West Coast.".

Do you think San Francisco and L.A. have the same climate because they are both on the west coast?

Did you happen to read the part of his comments where he also said he needed to look out for the best interests of his family as well?

Someone get Sori a map.

Maybe you and him can go visit the wizard. He'll ask for a map and you can ask for a brain.

patg006

Liked Posts:
Do you think San Francisco and L.A. have the same climate because they are both on the west coast?

Did you happen to read

The first mistake bww......

Maybe you and him can go visit the wizard. He'll ask for a map and you can ask for a brain.

Not bloody likely, but we can hope....hey, maybe he takes Martini with him.....

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, but West coast weather and getting to play in divisional games in LA, SD, and Arizona as well as SF when it's nice is a little easier of a call than playing in New England or Chicago/Milwaukee. Perhaps you can't read.

Does Sori know about smog?

Did you happen to read the part of his comments where he also said he needed to look out for the best interests of his family as well?
So his family couldn't handle a 5 hr car commute between LA and SF? Talk about #firstworldproblems

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
OH----OK.

So if you speculate something its correct, but when others do it its just a puff piece and bullshit speculation. Gotcha. Your opinion matters only :fap:

Not a hypocrite. At all.

Do us a favor, go learn about baseball......

So after someone provides clear evidence of something you tried to deny, you call it a puff piece?

What a fucking douche.

O RLY?

I have a hard time taking Soriano seriously when playing in such a horrible climate like SF is just that much worse on his knees when he places LA as a place he would accept a trade to. I wont even mention how the whole "climate" controversy was debunked by countless SF players who also went to go as far as to say the environment was actually refreshing compared to playing in other US demographics. I mean, irs not like Soriano didn't play in an actually humid climate like the DR, amirite?

What scared Sori? How about the dimensions of the ball park there and his complete fear his power numbers would drop significantly, ruining his shot at getting another contract. So puff piece? Sure it is. With the undeniable "I have to put the Cubs best interests first" bit to cap it off like there is some sort of Academy Award clause thrown into his contract for outright lying in the face of greed. Soriano was built to play in Wrigley Field now that his skill are eroding and while I admit he is smart to circle the tents on protecting his own career, he sure as hell isn't gonna be here when this team starts to win again. So, you tell me what kind of importance Soriano has in the blue print Theo is working with and I will tell you he is nothing but a self serving stat mong who is only looking out for himself and, lo and behold, his family.

Creme

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No, but West coast weather and getting to play in divisional games in LA, SD, and Arizona as well as SF when it's nice is a little easier of a call than playing in New England or Chicago/Milwaukee. Perhaps you can't read.

Does Sori know about smog?

So his family couldn't handle a 5 hr car commute between LA and SF? Talk about #firstworldproblems

I live in San Diego. So take it from some one who lives in Cali. SF gets cold as shit. Fog and rain. Always 10 degrees colder then Socal...Ya No-cal can suck it.:cum:

Martini...you are a clown.:dealwithit:

Puffpiece...

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I live in San Diego. So take it from some one who lives in Cali. SF gets cold as shit. Fog and rain. Always 10 degrees colder then Socal...Ya No-cal can suck it.:cum:

Puffpiece...

Cold as shit? Which is what, 65 degrees?

Creme

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:

Last I checked Milwaukee had a roof on their stadium. Perhaps you're just dumb.

I think, and I'm just guessing here, that Soriano was more concerned about the weather of the city he would be playing in and I do believe (because his comments actually bring the subject up) that he was always considering his family.

#idiot

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Puffpiece...

Well aware it can get cold and foggy in SF. Then again it has very little in the way of temperature swings and has generally dry summers and mild winters with rain(When Soriano doesn't even have to be there). You compare the actual baseball season climate of places like SF, LA, Arizona, and SD versus Chicago, NY, Milwaukee, Pitt etc...tell me where you would rather play...

I think it's funny that Sori was worried about "damp weather" in SF when it rains less than 80 days a year there on average.

BearsWillWin

Liked Posts:
Cold as shit? Which is what, 65 degrees?

Or in the 40's, 50's in the summer.

I lived there for a couple years. Nice city but the weather blows. Not that Chicago is any better.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last I checked Milwaukee had a roof on their stadium. Perhaps you're just dumb.

I think, and I'm just guessing here, that Soriano was more concerned about the weather of the city he would be playing in and I do believe (because his comments actually bring the subject up) that he was always considering his family.

#idiot

Go take a look at San Francisco's average climate year round...Yes it can get "cold and windy" in SF by California standards...so Soriano turns down a trade to SF to stay in..............CHICAGO?!?!

So Milwaukee having a roofed stadium which would prevent Soriano's family from being cold or him getting cold when he's not in the roofed stadium? :andruw:

Status
Not open for further replies.