The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His Spots

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This is the same stuff Teddy KFC posted insinuating in the title that McDaniels would be the next HC of the Bears.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you guys had to choose between McDaniels and Patricia who do you go with?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Another problem. If you watched that second video. McDaniels was a complete whatever is worse than a douche to everybody in the organization. Players are draft, so have no choice, but how does he get top shelf assistant coaches with his reputation?

Hard pass from me. He’s clearly an asshole.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What resume are you referring to? Outside of riding Brady's coattail he has a negative resume.

except when Brady is injured or suspended that is.. and other QBs have still thrived with his coaching and system.. seems like a great fit for Trubisky

think about it like this.. worst case scenario he is still an asshole and is gone in 3 years.. thats 3 years of development for Trubisky.. How is Jimmy G doing with 3 years of development under McDaniels?

The worst case scenario is still a great situation for the Bears with him.

Also dont forget all the cunting that will happen on css! lol thats worth it right there!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
except when Brady is injured or suspended that is.. and other QBs have still thrived with his coaching and system.. seems like a great fit for Trubisky

think about it like this.. worst case scenario he is still an asshole and is gone in 3 years.. thats 3 years of development for Trubisky.. How is Jimmy G doing with 3 years of development under McDaniels?

The worst case scenario is still a great situation for the Bears with him.

Also dont forget all the cunting that will happen on css! lol thats worth it right there!

The worst case scenario is probably still a win for Trubisky but it’d likely be a disaster for everyone else.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The worst case scenario is probably still a win for Trubisky but it’d likely be a disaster for everyone else.

not really.. long term success in the NFL is dependent on a quality QB. Developing him is still a HUGE win long term if we are looking for a HC again in 3 years

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
not really.. long term success in the NFL is dependent on a quality QB. Developing him is still a HUGE win long term if we are looking for a HC again in 3 years

You're assuming

1) He develops Trubisky
2) The rest of the players want to play for him

All the prospective coaches have in built risk but McDaniels is probably the biggest one given what happened in Denver. The more I read in to it the more it becomes clear just what a monumental disaster it was. Can't find a single person with anything good to say about him.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Put it this way, Goldman, Floyd, Whitehair and co will all be due contracts in the next year or two. One of the things that characterised McDaniels' tenure in Denver is that 2nd and 3rd year players didn't want to re-sign with the team. Is that worth Trubisky developing into a top 10 QB? Maybe.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hard pass from me. He’s clearly an asshole.

I'm not really concerned about that. You can be a royal asshole and be president these days. Assholes succeed every day in every field. I'm just concerned about is he a product of Brady and Belichick? Those two don't come with the package.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
If you guys had to choose between McDaniels and Patricia who do you go with?

Neither, best to stay away from Pats coordinators. They have never been successful. Now that does not mean they won't but it is a big, big gamble.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You're assuming

1) He develops Trubisky
2) The rest of the players want to play for him

All the prospective coaches have in built risk but McDaniels is probably the biggest one given what happened in Denver. The more I read in to it the more it becomes clear just what a monumental disaster it was. Can't find a single person with anything good to say about him.

yes I'm assuming the coach that made Orton look competent (and developed Jimmy G) will do the same for Trubisky. Without a doubt he screwed up in Denver.. so what people learn from there mistakes. and the fact that the best coach in the NFL brought him back speaks volumes.

all i'm saying is that yes its a high risk high reward hire.. was just pointing out the "high risk" isnt as high as some believe.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'm not really concerned about that. You can be a royal asshole and be president these days. Assholes succeed every day in every field. I'm just concerned about is he a product of Brady and Belichick? Those two don't come with the package.

True but if you're in charge of 200+ people and you go out of your way to be an asshole to them and your job depends on their productivity in a competitive market place?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
yes I'm assuming the coach that made Orton look competent (and developed Jimmy G) will do the same for Trubisky. Without a doubt he screwed up in Denver.. so what people learn from there mistakes. and the fact that the best coach in the NFL brought him back speaks volumes.

all i'm saying is that yes its a high risk high reward hire.. was just pointing out the "high risk" isnt as high as some believe.

I think they all have risk...

McDaniels - asshole who was an unmitigated disaster first time around
Toub - who's the OC and will they still be in place two, three years done the line
DeFilippo/Nagy - limited experience, can they translate to becoming a HC?
Shurmur/Carmichael - aside from this year, is his resume all that and does he have the charisma?

It's just McDaniels was such a clusterfuck in Denver.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I don't see Pace and McDaniels meshing well at all in the interview. Pace wants to be the alpha dog as GM with a coach in the "Beta" role. Similar to the Snead/McVeigh role with the Rams.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Pace and McDaniels meshing well at all in the interview. Pace wants to be the alpha dog as GM with a coach in the "Beta" role. Similar to the Snead/McVeigh role with the Rams.

McD should have little say in player personnel drafting and FA.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The potential upside of McDaniels is increadible. Bring him in and see how he meshes with Pace/trubisky.

The hard part is how do you know if he has actually learned from his mistakes, and if he is going to walk in and be an arrogant ass and destroy the team.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Another problem. If you watched that second video. McDaniels was a complete whatever is worse than a douche to everybody in the organization. Players are draft, so have no choice, but how does he get top shelf assistant coaches with his reputation?

1026c70fbd6ac8edb2df620d0b5347fd.jpg

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I kind of feel like hiring McDaniels is either going to completely turn this organization around and be the start of a whole new era where the Bears finally for once have a young hot shot QB who becomes a pro bowl top 5 player with an offense that can score at will and get us to the playoffs with multiple years of 10+ wins.....

..... Or he goes down in flames even worse than he did in Denver and sets us back another 5 years, Trubisky doesn't work out, Pace is fired, and we're all sitting here reading posts from people saying "See! I told you all this would happen!" I may have just recently joined but I've actually read these boards for a long time and finally decided just to join in the madness.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I find interesting is that the Lions GM, who spent 6 years on the New England staff, has requested an interview with Matt Patricia, yet not Josh McDaniels. Maybe that is just a product of what he feels is the best fit for his team, his philosophy, yet it seems like he would have some decent insight into McDaniels.