The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His Spots

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
What I find interesting is that the Lions GM, who spent 6 years on the New England staff, has requested an interview with Matt Patricia, yet not Josh McDaniels. Maybe that is just a product of what he feels is the best fit for his team, his philosophy, yet it seems like he would have some decent insight into McDaniels.

they dont need to develop a QB so that changes the game plan a bit

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

chi

Liked Posts:
He is absoultley the most qualified but he is such a douche

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This has some interesting numbers about McDaniels and The Patriots.

It looks at the assumption that McDaniels benefits from the Pats, but every year he was not there the Pats and Bradys numbers go down.

https://t.co/HoQGDkLG7P?amp=1

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
except when Brady is injured or suspended that is.. and other QBs have still thrived with his coaching and system.. seems like a great fit for Trubisky

think about it like this.. worst case scenario he is still an asshole and is gone in 3 years.. thats 3 years of development for Trubisky.. How is Jimmy G doing with 3 years of development under McDaniels?

The worst case scenario is still a great situation for the Bears with him.

Also dont forget all the cunting that will happen on css! lol thats worth it right there!

How did Sam Bradford do with Josh McDaniels? And Jimmy Garoppolo is still displaying awful mechanics going into his 5th professional season...

[video=youtube_share;ymIOgCfa9pY]https://youtu.be/ymIOgCfa9pY[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see Pace and McDaniels meshing well at all in the interview. Pace wants to be the alpha dog as GM with a coach in the "Beta" role. Similar to the Snead/McVeigh role with the Rams.

I am pretty sure McVay is the big dick in that relationship.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I find interesting is that the Lions GM, who spent 6 years on the New England staff, has requested an interview with Matt Patricia, yet not Josh McDaniels. Maybe that is just a product of what he feels is the best fit for his team, his philosophy, yet it seems like he would have some decent insight into McDaniels.

They are hiring a defensive guy and keeping Cooter and the system in place. They don’t want Stafford to have to learn a new system and lose the momentum
They have.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

It looks at the assumption that McDaniels benefits from the Pats, but every year he was not there the Pats and Bradys numbers go down.

McDaniels can't go full dickhead under BB and with the GOAT as his QB. McDaniels is probably a real smart dude but he needs somebody to keep him in check. The Patriots is simply just a great place for McDaniels like many other NFL delinquents who have gone there and thrived.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
How did Sam Bradford do with Josh McDaniels? And Jimmy Garoppolo is still displaying awful mechanics going into his 5th professional season...

[video=youtube_share;ymIOgCfa9pY]https://youtu.be/ymIOgCfa9pY[/video]

I saw this but I do wonder.... is it McDaniel's job as the OC to be in charge of the QB's footwork? I mean sure he should be aware of it and coaching him but isn't that more on the shoulders of the QB coach or maybe the player himself? Every year Cutler got knocked for not putting in the extra work to fix his footwork in the OFF season. Maybe I am wrong but I imagine the OC has a lot more on his plate than sitting down and coaching the back up quarter back to fix his foot work.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McDaniels can't go full dickhead under BB and with the GOAT as his QB. McDaniels is probably a real smart dude but he needs somebody to keep him in check. The Patriots is simply just a great place for McDaniels like many other NFL delinquents who have gone there and thrived.

Assuming he is still an asshole.

Spectacular public failure can often change someone.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Who cares if he is a flamboyant,egotistical,firey asshole..

I can dig it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He was a spectacular type of asshole so I wouldn't put it past him.

Maybe he is but it would be pretty stupid to completely write him off without even an interview. The guy should definitely be at the top of the list as far as talent goes. It would be crazy to completely pass him over for some of these other candidates (specifically not having him as a top 5 candidate is just stupid).

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this but I do wonder.... is it McDaniel's job as the OC to be in charge of the QB's footwork? I mean sure he should be aware of it and coaching him but isn't that more on the shoulders of the QB coach or maybe the player himself? Every year Cutler got knocked for not putting in the extra work to fix his footwork in the OFF season. Maybe I am wrong but I imagine the OC has a lot more on his plate than sitting down and coaching the back up quarter back to fix his foot work.

If you’re going to give McDaniels all the credit for Godroppolo’s success, you have to give him some credit for any shortcomings.

The Patriots offense did not miss a beat between 2009-2011. In fact, Brady got Bill O’brien a couple of head coaching gigs because of those specific seasons.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That system with Trubisky’s accuracy and quick releases really interests me.

Obviously he needs to answer questions about Denver.

But I don’t assume that after a spectacular public failure in Denver and 7 more years to mature that he is still the same guy. He has to know that this is his last shot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you’re going to give McDaniels all the credit for Godroppolo’s success, you have to give him some credit for any shortcomings.

Garoppolo parachuted onto a 1 win team and then proceeded with 2 weeks of practice to win 5 straight games with limited offensive talent.

Mechanical issues aside the dude looks like a stud.

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmy G. is a product of McDaniel's coaching......I think we could do far worse

As far as him wanting more control over personnel, well most on here think that Pace is an idiot when it comes to FA selection, so maybe JM could make our roster stronger if he was able to have input.

I don't think he will be the guy, but I would ok if he was.

how is jimmy g even close to being proven? From a fan perspective, Coach or player, I think Jimmy G in his few games is the most successful coach or player outside of that organization. I cant even imagine all the nuances that make the Patriots as good as they are outside of Brady, but thinking about it, i really do not think it is something that can be replicated. You have the genius Coach and everything else is a distant, less significant contribution.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

I'm definitely not going to give McDaniel's 'all' the credit for Jimmy G's success but that doesn't seem fair to me to say it is McDaniel's fault for his poor mechanics. For all you know they worked on it hours on end and Jimmy broke down in game. Maybe it is McDaniel's fault, who the fuck knows. What I do know is that McDaniel's would bring with him a ton more experience than a lot of the other candidates including my other favorites Nagy/Defilippo.