Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ not to mention the space time continuum.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I know you’re trolling but as I asked before…. Is Kane a top 10 hockey player? Top 25?

Walter is universally accepted as a top 10 player all time. Unless Kane is a top 10 hockey player this is a Special person discussion.
Yes Kane is a top 10 hockey player and has been since he entered the league. I know all you football fans want to put on your blindfolds when it comes to hockey, but how many championships and parades has Sayers, Payton, Urlacher, Sosa, Hull, Butkus or Sanders brought to Chicago, yeah just what I thought. Stop living in the past. In my humble opinion Walter is number #2 no debate there, but Kane can easily be #3, and has all the accolades to go with it.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Kane is a top 10 hockey player and has been since he entered the league. I know all you football fans want to put on your blindfolds when it comes to hockey, but how many championships and parades has Sayers, Payton, Urlacher, Sosa, Hull, Butkus or Sanders brought to Chicago, yeah just what I thought. Stop living in the past. In my humble opinion Walter is number #2 no debate there, but Kane can easily be #3, and has all the accolades to go with it.

WahhhWahhhh Payton had 1 parade but he didn't go to it... he fisted himself in a broom closet while pouting and crying instead of celebrating with his teammates. Guy was a complete loser.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
WahhhWahhhh Payton had 1 parade but he didn't go to it... he fisted himself in a broom closet while pouting and crying instead of celebrating with his teammates. Guy was a complete loser.
Chicago has had a shitload of phenomenal athletes in every sport, but you won’t find one more decorated than the Kaner both on the national and International stage. I thought Walter was an amazing athlete and many top end media outlets will agree, when you talk Chicago sports Walter is at the top of list with Jordan minus the hardware and his one Super Bowl ring. Even if Walter was a complete loser, in your opinion, you can’t take away from his athleticism.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago has had a shitload of phenomenal athletes in every sport, but you won’t find one more decorated than the Kaner both on the national and International stage. I thought Walter was an amazing athlete and many top end media outlets will agree, when you talk Chicago sports Walter is at the top of list with Jordan minus the hardware and his one Super Bowl ring. Even if Walter was a complete loser, in your opinion, you can’t take away from his athleticism.

Kane is still better than WaWa Payton.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Sorry I’m not a hockey guy so forgive my ignorance…

What major statistical milestone is Kane top10 in the NHL?

Walter is #2 in yards rushing and consistently gets put on top 10 lists for greatest football players of all time.

Is Kane a top 10 hockey player?
I get it, your not a hockey guy, but you sure as hell have a lot of questions about Kane, look it up, besides Jordan, Kane is the most decorated athlete that has played in Chicago, past and present. By the time Kaner is finished his career he will be the top American born hockey player of all time, with 3 championships to add to that.
So you want hockey fans to forgive your ignorance but at the same time you can’t take 2 seconds to actually research what kind of athlete Pat Kane is. Popularity of a sport doesn’t reflect one’s athleticism. The NHL will always sit behind the MLB, NFL, NBA, Golf, NASCAR, horse racing you name it, no argument there, however Kane deserves the respect if you like the sport or not to be considered one of the best athletes the city of Chicago has ever seen.

Last edited:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it, your not a hockey guy, but you sure as hell have a lot of questions about Kane, look it up, besides Jordan, Kane is the most decorated athlete that has played in Chicago, past and current. By the time Kaner is finished he will be the top American born hockey player of all time, with 3 championships to add to that.
So you want hockey fans to forgive your ignorance but at the same time you can’t take 2 seconds to actually research what kind of athlete Pat Kane is. Popularity of a sport doesn’t reflect one’s athleticism. The NHL will always sit behind the MLB, NFL, NBA, Golf, NASCAR, horse racing you name it, no argument there, however Kane deserves the respect if you like the sport or not to considered one of the best athletes the city of Chicago has ever seen.

PREACH BROTHER PREACH!!!!

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
As funny as this is I am sure Payton regretted acting like that pretty quick. I really have no idea I never even got to see him play live, but I have seen an NFL Films production and love how Walter Payton played.
It's really impossible to compare all sports. MJ could be the clear #1 because he is worldwide famous for his accomplishments and just being a superstar.
With that said I am way more personally interested in Kanes career being at the UC for draft night, opening night shootout vs Hasek, hat trick vs Vancouver in Game 6 2009, so many random great plays like the spin pass to hossa, hat trick vs the Kings for the WCF, blah blah blah, and of course watching the 2010 OT winner with my family.
I think there is still an argument of Kane being the best Blackhawk of all time until his career is over.
Hull
Mikita
Savard
Esposito
Hall
Pilot
Probably all have an argument for the greatest blackhawk. If its strictly about Cups and Medals Kane has a great argument no matter who is being compared.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I get it, your not a hockey guy, but you sure as hell have a lot of questions about Kane, look it up, besides Jordan, Kane is the most decorated athlete that has played in Chicago, past and present. By the time Kaner is finished his career he will be the top American born hockey player of all time, with 3 championships to add to that.
So you want hockey fans to forgive your ignorance but at the same time you can’t take 2 seconds to actually research what kind of athlete Pat Kane is. Popularity of a sport doesn’t reflect one’s athleticism. The NHL will always sit behind the MLB, NFL, NBA, Golf, NASCAR, horse racing you name it, no argument there, however Kane deserves the respect if you like the sport or not to be considered one of the best athletes the city of Chicago has ever seen.
LOL.

Top 100 vs top 10.

he’s a great player. He ain’t Walter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.