Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He's still a bit to rape-y for my liking...

No different than Kobe. I get he's a great player and exciting to watch, but for me the whole rape thing doesn't get overlooked.

Personally for Chicago athletes I'd prefer Walter Payton, Ernie Banks or Dick Butkus. If you need a hockey player go with Stan Mikita or Bobby Hull.
this is a bit hypocritical of you considering I actually know who you are in real life and know a women accused you of rape as well.

So a rapist calling out someone else for rape? wow

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I already do consider him a top athlete in Chicago. Never have I disputed that. But he isn’t the #2 athlete in Chicago history. Certainly not now. Call me when he actually is top 10 in something and then maybe we can have a real debate about it.
I guess reading is an issue, he is top 10, top 10 American born hockey player to ever lace ‘‘em up, currently sitting at #3.
The funny thing is black sheep you want compare Kane to the entire NHL which consists of players from all around the world, not just players from the USA. , of course Walter Payton sits so high on your list when your only comparing him to American born football players. Your comparison is flawed. You keep telling me he is only top 100, yeah he is when compared to hockey players from NorthAmerica to Russia. Try looking up just the USA. Number 3, and some will argue number 1, so maybe get your facts straight.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I guess reading is an issue, he is top 10, top 10 American born hockey player to ever lace ‘‘em up, currently sitting at #3.
The funny thing is black sheep you want compare Kane to the entire NHL which consists of players from all around the world, not just players from the USA. , of course Walter Payton sits so high on your list when your only comparing him to American born football players. Your comparison is flawed. You keep telling me he is only top 100, yeah he is when compared to hockey players from NorthAmerica to Russia. Try looking up just the USA. Number 3, and some will argue number 1, so maybe get your facts straight.
hahaha. Oh so because he’s American born that’s supposed to make a difference? Good grief. The mental gymnastics you guys go to….

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's still a bit to rape-y for my liking...

No different than Kobe. I get he's a great player and exciting to watch, but for me the whole rape thing doesn't get overlooked.

Personally for Chicago athletes I'd prefer Walter Payton, Ernie Banks or Dick Butkus. If you need a hockey player go with Stan Mikita or Bobby Hull.
You don't care if Kane and Kobe were both cleared of rape charges,Kane's accuser and her mother admitted fucking with evidence or if Bobby Hull knocked his old lady around?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry I’m not a hockey guy so forgive my ignorance…

What major statistical milestone is Kane top10 in the NHL?

Walter is #2 in yards rushing and consistently gets put on top 10 lists for greatest football players of all time.

Is Kane a top 10 hockey player?
5th in league scoring on a SHIT team last year if that counts.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane didn't attack a cabbie.
If he had the cabbie would have been completely vaporized.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
5th in league scoring on a SHIT team last year if that counts.
I get it. He’s a great player. Not trying to take anything away from him. He’s just not a top 10 all time NHL player. Maybe he stays healthy and becomes one. Until he does he’s just not in the camp of a Walter or Michael.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This was only an opinion if I'm not mistaken and we see how that goes here.
Guess I'm one of the few that appreciates all the greats mentioned but as far as Kane goes,titles matter and they should matter for Toews too.
To much to comment on with the exception of some nit-wit calling the great Walter Payton a loser.....WTF!
This guy broke every record in his day and he missed ONE GAME due to injury throughout his great career......unthinkable now. He mostly played in an era of terrible QB's so opponents KNEW he'd be running the ball and could still do nothing to stop the guy. He ran for 275yds against the Vikes(almost three lengths of the field)and the team still only scored 10pts in that game. Excellent runner,excellent receiver,excellent blocker and he threw for a bunch of TD's too. Delivered hits and never ran out of bounds. God wouldn't have won titles with Bob Avilini under center!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get it. He’s a great player. Not trying to take anything away from him. He’s just not a top 10 all time NHL player. Maybe he stays healthy and becomes one. Until he does he’s just not in the camp of a Walter or Michael.
I love Walter and Michael but I think being important to Chicago sports was the issue in question and Kane belongs among the best ever when you consider his contributions in crunch time......he's a BIG TIME player in big games.
Where he ranks is personal preference I guess and he still has some career left as far as individual stats go. Ending an awful 49 year drought and adding two more on top of it is only rivaled by MJ as far as titles won and as much as I appreciate Walter.....I gotta admit Kane was more responsible for his team's three titles than Walter was for his team's one.
Individual stats are also affected by the era a guy played in,offensive stats came a lot easier in the 80's NHL than they do now.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Chicago has had a shitload of phenomenal athletes in every sport, but you won’t find one more decorated than the Kaner both on the national and International stage. I thought Walter was an amazing athlete and many top end media outlets will agree, when you talk Chicago sports Walter is at the top of list with Jordan minus the hardware and his one Super Bowl ring. Even if Walter was a complete loser, in your opinion, you can’t take away from his athleticism.

Uhh Michael Jordan?
Scottie Pippen?
Steve Kerr?
Horace Grant?
Pretty much every Chicago Bull from that era is "more decorated" than Kane.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Uhh Michael Jordan?
Scottie Pippen?
Steve Kerr?
Horace Grant?
Pretty much every Chicago Bull from that era is "more decorated" than Kane.
Jordan and Pippen, yes.

The others not so much.

Kanes got a MVP, playoff MVP, Art Ross and a Lindsay.

That’s a lot of decorations

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Jordan and Pippen, yes.

The others not so much.

Kanes got a MVP, playoff MVP, Art Ross and a Lindsay.

That’s a lot of decorations
Uhhh Steve Kerr has 5 rings. 3 as a player and 2 as a coach. Let me know when Kaner starts his coaching gig.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its a trick question!

Michael Jordan is the 2nd best athlete in Chicago sports history behind......

Adam Boqvist.....clearly #1

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a trick question!

Michael Jordan is the 2nd best athlete in Chicago sports history behind......

Adam Boqvist.....clearly #1

Welcome back Greg. Ready for cooler and thread view talk tomorrow?

Just a quick reminder: Trump Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.