Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I’d put Pippen ahead of Kane, not to mention Walter.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
  • Gale Sayers
    • Made of glass, barely played.
  • Walter Payton
    • Whiner, loser, broom closet crybaby. Selfish.
  • Brian Urlacher
    • Bald idiot that was so insecure he got fake pubes on his head. Massive idiot politically.
  • Bobby Hull
    • Drunk.
  • Dick Butkus
    • Blowhard moron. Was a good football player.
  • Ryne Sandberg
    • LOL
Patrick Kane is better than literally everyone on this list. Learn to watch sports and realize this isn't 1980 anymore, boomer.
A - you really don't have to be a total dick.
B - this is best ATHLETE. It's not worst drunk, being bald or selfish. Using your own logic, Kane is a loser for assaulting a Cab driver in 2009.
C - Kane is not Top Ten of all time, right now. Not a single list by Hockey News or even the NFL top 100 of all time even have him in the top 20.
D - so, fucking grow up and move out of your moms basement, jackass.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
LOL.

Top 100 vs top 10.

he’s a great player. He ain’t Walter though.
I am not arguing the fact that he is Walter or not, obviously this is all subjective and all fans will have a different take on this. My point is Kane has had a dynamic career which is not over yet and when it’s done he will be synonymous with hockey USA and go down as one of the most talented or the most talented hockey player in American history. Those accomplishments within themselves are worthy of the respect to be considered a top athlete in Chicago without adding in all the individual achievements.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
A - you really don't have to be a total dick.
B - this is best ATHLETE. It's not worst drunk, being bald or selfish. Using your own logic, Kane is a loser for assaulting a Cab driver in 2009.
C - Kane is not Top Ten of all time, right now. Not a single list by Hockey News or even the NFL top 100 of all time even have him in the top 20.
D - so, fucking grow up and move out of your moms basement, jackass.
Best athlete in Chicago DB, and for the sake of it, if you want to throw in a comment about Kane and the Cabbie, you certainly are blinded by the life outside of football that Walter had, the guy was no angel, Kane’s cabbie incident was nothing in comparison. I am not saying he wasn’t great for the community hence why Walter has an award named after him, but none of the athletes you listed have a squeaky clean resume outside there given sport, so enough with the Kane is a loser bullshit.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Still waiting for those you can name yet you haven't even said Gretzky yet.

Take your L and sleep it off.

That's my point though. The poster was digging into personal shit about each guy and hanging all over Kane's jock. My point was that Kane did dumbshit too and that the whole point of the conversation is Best ATHLETE, not best humanitarian.

It's not football Goggles, it's looking at it from a sheer athletic perspective. That's why I don't have barely any baseball players on my list of Chicago Top Ten. Urlacher, for example, 6'4, almost 260, ran a 4.5 and was arguably the best defensive player for a decade ( add Ray Lewis and Derrick Brools as well). His athleticism was off the charts.

Hell, you could argue Derrick Rose on Chicago's Top Ten Athletes. His speed, lateral quickness, leaping ability, kid was a freak athlete. He doesn't have the hardware and rings, but from a sheer athletic ability, he was a stud, when healthy.

So, when you have a Best ATHLETE conversation, you need to define Athlete...we talking pure athleticism? Rings and Hardware? Off field humanitarian activities?

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Best athlete in Chicago DB, and for the sake of it, if you want to throw in a comment about Kane and the Cabbie, you certainly are blinded by the life outside of football that Walter had, the guy was no angel, Kane’s cabbie incident was nothing in comparison. I am not saying he wasn’t great for the community hence why Walter has an award named after him, but none of the athletes you listed have a squeaky clean resume outside there given sport, so enough with the Kane is a loser bullshit.
That's my point though. The poster was digging into personal shit about each guy and hanging all over Kane's jock. My point was that Kane did dumbshit too and that the whole point of the conversation is Best ATHLETE, not best humanitarian.

It's not football Goggles, it's looking at it from a sheer athletic perspective. That's why I don't have barely any baseball players on my list of Chicago Top Ten. Urlacher, for example, 6'4, almost 260, ran a 4.5 and was arguably the best defensive player for a decade ( add Ray Lewis and Derrick Brools as well). His athleticism was off the charts.

Hell, you could argue Derrick Rose on Chicago's Top Ten Athletes. His speed, lateral quickness, leaping ability, kid was a freak athlete. He doesn't have the hardware and rings, but from a sheer athletic ability, he was a stud, when healthy.

So, when you have a Best ATHLETE conversation, you need to define Athlete...we talking pure athleticism? Rings and Hardware? Off field humanitarian activities?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yes Kane is a top 10 hockey player and has been since he entered the league. I know all you football fans want to put on your blindfolds when it comes to hockey, but how many championships and parades has Sayers, Payton, Urlacher, Sosa, Hull, Butkus or Sanders brought to Chicago, yeah just what I thought. Stop living in the past. In my humble opinion Walter is number #2 no debate there, but Kane can easily be #3, and has all the accolades to go with it.

You're Canadian though so your opinion doesn't even matter.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

For starters I am not trying to argue with you or start a ridiculous fight over something that is obviously subjective. I have Walter at #2, there is no debate there. As a hockey fan I believe that Kane has achieved a shitload on of accomplishments throughout his career to be respected as one of Chicagos best athletes. My only argument I see is many are comparing Kane to the entire NHL and all hockey players throughout the world., where guys like Sayers, Urlacher, Butkis, Rose, and so forth are only being compared to American athletes not international athletes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still waiting for those you can name yet you haven't even said Gretzky yet.

Take your L and sleep it off.
I am not arguing the fact that he is Walter or not, obviously this is all subjective and all fans will have a different take on this. My point is Kane has had a dynamic career which is not over yet and when it’s done he will be synonymous with hockey USA and go down as one of the most talented or the most talented hockey player in American history. Those accomplishments within themselves are worthy of the respect to be considered a top athlete in Chicago without adding in all the individual achievements.
I already do consider him a top athlete in Chicago. Never have I disputed that. But he isn’t the #2 athlete in Chicago history. Certainly not now. Call me when he actually is top 10 in something and then maybe we can have a real debate about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.