Tom Ricketts Wants Your Help......Again.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NOT A DIME BACK!!!!!

:shifty:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Instead of asking a bankrupt state for financial help, the Cubs will ask a bankrupt city for help :lol:

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Yes, I will fund Wrigley Field, despite the budget deficit. Wrigley is priority #1!!!"

x391.jpg

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
history repeats itself

ricketts better not waste a couple hundred million dollars here

frankly he should be responsible for fixing this on his own

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Well, won't all of this add like 30 3-month jobs at $10 an hour? Then they can claim they created like 900 with how the governmental equations work these days. Plus, if they hire 40 illegals to do the work at $3 an hour... then they can claim they are helping the Hispanic community! So worth $200MM out of the tax payers' pockets right?

Sorry, but as much as I love the Cubs... I do not think that public funds should ever go into revamping a stadium for any sports team that is selling $28 (average price) tickets and bringing in 3 million in attendance... (that's $840MM... before game-time merchandising and concessions - which will easily quadruple that number), without absolute guarantee the cash will be paid back... or the government will take over the stadium and charge a rental fee to that team in a manner that will pay off this help in the course of 4-5 years.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see "live lake" isnt posting in this thread yet, probably busy in the other thread.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question for people who actually know something about engineering and architecture...

How long do you think Wrigley Field can last without major renovations? Even after renovations, how long can they continue to patch it together?

At some point they have to think about starting from scratch.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Just move to a new fucking stadium, please!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Serious question for people who actually know something about engineering and architecture...

How long do you think Wrigley Field can last without major renovations? Even after renovations, how long can they continue to patch it together?

At some point they have to think about starting from scratch.

It can be done, 1 problem. The main parts of the structure cannot be touched due to the landmark laws. If you can gut the entire structure, it may work. This is patch up work to continue to cash cow what it wrigley field.

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
In terms of a new ballpark, I think Cubs fans are probably afraid they'll get a sterile "ball mall" like the Cell was before the renovations. That's why they cling on to Wrigley Field.

Oh, and if they do build a new ballpark in the suburbs (which is the most likely place) and it is made to look and feel like Wrigley, they'll dismiss it as a clone.

AnythingChicago

You'rrrrre out!
Liked Posts:
In terms of a new ballpark, I think Cubs fans are probably afraid they'll get a sterile "ball mall" like the Cell was before the renovations. That's why they cling on to Wrigley Field.

Oh, and if they do build a new ballpark in the suburbs (which is the most likely place) and it is made to look and feel like Wrigley, they'll dismiss it as a clone.
Damn right we will.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if this all goes through and Wrigley FINALLY gets remodeled

Where will the Cubs play? It will take what... a year or 2 to demolish and rebuild from ground up.Cubs will play where...US cellular, Milwaukee or where else?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if this all goes through and Wrigley FINALLY gets remodeled

Where will the Cubs play? It will take what... a year or 2 to demolish and rebuild from ground up.Cubs will play where...US cellular, Milwaukee or where else?

they cannot touch the structure or the frame of the building.

Reinsdorf would have to approve. And I doubt that happens

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did Boston do during the time that Fenway was being upgraded/remodeled? Probably comparing apples and oranges as I don't know exactly what Fenway needed and how similar the work needed on Wrigley is to what was needed for Fenway.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
they cannot touch the structure or the frame of the building.

Reinsdorf would have to approve. And I doubt that happens

Whats the point of remodeling then if you cant touch the structure....everything but the outfield bleachers needs to be removed and replaced.

If they cant do that than build a new stadium and let wrigley sit and wrought away and let chicago deal with the mess

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they should turn Wrigley Field into a museum.