Tom Ricketts Wants Your Help......Again.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I disagree. It's not hard to get up at 2 PM to be at the ballpark at 4 PM. It's hard to get up at like 8 to at the park by 10, though. Especially if you're coming off of a night game.

as someone else pointed out..what about when the cubs come from a night game road trip...get back somewhat late..and have a day game the next day? the cubs get hurt in this situation as well

not to mention..as pointed out...these day games play a role in decrease in revenue in the recent couple of years..not a large role by any means..but it certainly doesnt help

either way,i still think the day or night game difference is very minimal

Last edited:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'd like to keep Wrigley, atmosphere and all. I don't think it's worth investing into if the neighborhood won't allow them to play more night games.

The amenities for the players have to be improved soon so the Cubs don't have to overpay for players to deal with bad amenities.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
as someone else pointed out..what about when you're coming back from a night game road trip ...get back somewhat late..and have a day game the next day?

not to mention..as pointed out...these day games play a role in decrease in revenue in the recent couple of years..not a large role..but it certainly doesnt help

Odds are that the other team would be coming into town off of a night game, as well.

I don't think that the revenue matters all that much. Probably a small percentage. WHEN THEY ARE WINNING. When they aren't, it's understandable, but when they aren't good, the day/night game debate doesn't really matter.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Odds are that the other team would be coming into town off of a night game, as well.

I don't think that the revenue matters all that much. Probably a small percentage. WHEN THEY ARE WINNING. When they aren't, it's understandable, but when they aren't good, the day/night game debate doesn't really matter.

then neither team has an advantage...lol

i still think the night or day thing is pretty irrelevant regardless of whether the team is good or not..other than maybe a slight difference in revenue

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
then neither team has an advantage...lol

i still think the night or day thing is pretty irrelevant regardless of whether the team is good or not..other than maybe a slight difference in revenue

I concur, however, if the Cubs have to do the day game after a night game thing 10 times a year, they are going to be able to deal with it better than a team that only has to do it 3 times a year. That's why I think we have a slight advantage. Not much, but some.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I concur, however, if the Cubs have to do the day game after a night game thing 10 times a year, they are going to be able to deal with it better than a team that only has to do it 3 times a year. That's why I think we have a slight advantage. Not much, but some.

state what you want, but dont start throwing around "4 game advantage" BS. A number that you have no idea about. you look foolish.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
actually they are connected in about 100 avenues. try again.

The Federal level is.. way more than it should be..

The main difference here is that if you are comparing the Government and a business.

The Government rarely if ever works for a true profit.

A well run business will garner enough of a profit to pull out of whatever debt it took to start the business.

---

In most cases especially now.. The US government at city, state and federal level is there to subsidize money to assist business.

The taxpayer inflow brought in by the Cubs is quite a bit of cash. Sure it's not when we're talking about 100's of millions. They are still one of the biggest cash cows for the state and city.

So the Gov will eventually fund the reworking of the park.

AceCubbie

Liked Posts:

I trust what the players say, and, increasingly, they're admitting that it's much harder to be a Cubs player (and change your body clock dozens of times every year) than to be a visitor (and do it three or four times a year). Derrek Lee just said it the other day, if I remember correctly.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
state what you want, but dont start throwing around "4 game advantage" BS. A number that you have no idea about. you look foolish.

Dews, I already told you how he got that number... :smug: