Tom Ricketts Wants Your Help......Again.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The day games are the main sticking point with me too. The neighborhood has held the Cubs by the balls for far too long.

Really, if they don't want to be kept awake by night games then maybe they should just deal with it or move away or not go to sleep super early...

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Day games are only in play in the regular season. The Cubs have shown they can get to the post season. I don't see that day games have an effect on them at all.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I still don't get you argument that since I've never been to Wrigley that I get no opinion on it...

what is really baffling is that I like just went to a game at Wrigley last July... so I don't see how I haven't been there or how that would be relevant anyway... :shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Day games are only in play in the regular season. The Cubs have shown they can get to the post season. I don't see that day games have an effect on them at all.
As more and more teams went to lights and night games, the Cubs have seemed to declined a little.

Contracts, players, and coaches are to blame for a lion's share, but the day games and irregular sleep patterns have to be affecting the Cubs going forward. I'd rather see the Cubs play a majority of night games like everyone else, and be even to the other 29 MLB teams in that respect.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
As more and more teams went to lights and night games, the Cubs have seemed to declined a little.

Contracts, players, and coaches are to blame for a lion's share, but the day games and irregular sleep patterns have to be affecting the Cubs going forward. I'd rather see the Cubs play a majority of night games like everyone else, and be even to the other 29 MLB teams in that respect.

And I'd like to actually see the beginning of games on school days instead of just catching the last few innings live... :shrug:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think it provides us with an advantage. Most other teams aren't used to that kind of sleep pattern, so they are going to be more dead than us. However, I think it's all moot. If you have a good team, it shouldn't really matter.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
The Indianapolis Colts get there stadium paid for my tax payers. In fact we are still paying taxes towards the RCA dome. We will be paying long after Lucas Oil is gone. Isn't that how almost every team does it? Except like Jerry Jones and a few others.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Day games aren't the problem and never have been. Sleep patterns? These are grown men with jobs, they should be awake by 2PM. Lol

As for the neighborhood, Wrigleyville and Lakeview are predominantly occupied by young professionals and college kids. I don't think they object to night games. Day games have been a tradition at Wrigley and I love it. Just my $.02 though.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been to Wrigley many times, and it isn't worth putting $400M into.

It isn't worth asking a bankrupt city and state for funds to remodel a practically worthless building.

:clap:

Exactly.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it provides us with an advantage. Most other teams aren't used to that kind of sleep pattern, so they are going to be more dead than us. However, I think it's all moot. If you have a good team, it shouldn't really matter.
What? How does it provide an advantage when you need 2 completely different schedules a week between home and the road. All 29 other teams play a majority of their games at night. I really don't see why the Cubs shouldn't be on even footing with the other 29 MLB teams in that respect.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? How does it provide an advantage when you need 2 completely different schedules a week between home and the road. All 29 other teams play a majority of their games at night. I really don't see why the Cubs shouldn't be on even footing with the other 29 MLB teams in that respect.

It provides us an advantage because when teams play at Wrigley, they have to get up early. They are not used to that at all. The Cubs can somewhat get used to the home schedule, the away can't. As soon as they might get used to it, they have to leave to another city.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be on even footing, I'm just looking at this from a different POV.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It provides us an advantage because when teams play at Wrigley, they have to get up early. They are not used to that at all. The Cubs can somewhat get used to the home schedule, the away can't. As soon as they might get used to it, they have to leave to another city.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be on even footing, I'm just looking at this from a different POV.

yeah, thats worked out pretty well having that advantage the last 2 seasons.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Common sense not allowed with CO. :D

Look at the teams we have put onto the field. Does it really matter? No. The teams we put out there weren't going to win anyways. As I have already stated, it ultimately comes down to the product you put onto the field day in and day out.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look at the teams we have put onto the field. Does it really matter? No. The teams we put out there weren't going to win anyways. As I have already stated, it ultimately comes down to the product you put onto the field day in and day out.

frankly, i dont think the time of day makes that much of difference....sure the away team might have to get up earlier..but i dont see it having much of an influence

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
frankly, i dont think the time of day makes that much of difference....sure the away team might have to get up earlier..but i dont see it having much of an influence

I see it at most making ~4 games difference over the course of the year, whether that be for or against the Cubs. I think that the better team is really all that matters. However, I don't think it hurts the Cubs that they play the day games.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I see it at most making ~4 games difference over the course of the year, whether that be for or against the Cubs. I think that the better team is really all that matters. However, I don't think it hurts the Cubs that they play the day games.

you could make the same case with the cubs not being used to night games

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys can keep living in a false world where the time of day and biological clocks don't affect lives and performance. Not saying it cost the Cubs divisions, or games, but it does affect the way the players approach the game. I just want to see the Cubs have all things equal with other teams, in time of games, amenities, field conditions etc.