Training Camp News Thread (non Bears news)

Canth

Liked Posts:
I personally still think that the Packers completely mismanaged their QB transition from Rodgers to Love. They had a chance for a massive draft pick and maybe even player haul and to find out what they really had in Love before they would have to give Love that type of contract.

Instead, they ended up with a single 2nd round pick, not even a Superbowl appearance, and you just paid Love that contract when he has not even had a chance to show if he is consistent year to year to justify it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Daammnnnnnn, this was one of my favorite players in the draft that i wanted the Bears to get but he a little freaky.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
God, I hope the last half of the season was a fluke. Those fucks deserve to get fucked.

We’ll see. When he had a clean pocket, that offense was moving. But his numbers under pressure are very Goff-esque. FTN wrote a good bit about that 2nd half of the season; I’ll try to find it. Love can still improve under pressure but Goff has been remarkably crappy against pressure his entire career.

Canth

Liked Posts:
They also said they have the formula to beat mahomes after last season. I'm starting to think Antonio Pierce was an awful hire. Pretty stupid stuff they are putting out there

It's not any real formula. I thought it was just saying hit Mahomes often and hit him hard. It was a comment about cutting the head off a snake.

Also, in the follow on press conference with Pierce after that video, you could tell he was pissed at his player(s).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

That's a hell of a contract to give a guy that has played well for just half of one season
Can you imagine the justification for paying him more than Mahomes, Burrow, Jackson,Allen, or Herbert? Lawerance was the poster child for you shouldn't make the newest QB contract the biggest, but Love just snatched that title away.

They could have franchise tagged him for 3 years until he was 29 years old for less than his guarantees. I get the disgruntled factor but if he isn't a top 5 QB moving forward, that contract is an anchor.