Trestman's first at bat with the Pack...

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you need to read the link I posted..I will paraphrase

The packers originally had gold but Lombardi changed it to yellow...Ron wolf toyed with the idea of going back to gold (like the saints gold) and actually had drawings made of it...he then changed his mind and stayed with the yellow

You can call it what you want, but it's Yellow From the link I posted for you

"Do you see Aaron Rodgers to the left? Do you see how nice he looks, sporting that iconic green uniform and yellow helmet? The same one Brett Favre wore…and Reggie White…and (basically) Bart Starr. It’s truly an icon of the National Football League and it’s hard to imagine the Packers wearing anything different."

"But what if they did? It seems like a near impossibility, but it actually almost happened once."

Possible Color Change Outlined

There was a rumor Sunday the Packers would have a press conference concerning their uniforms colors during the week following the Eagle game. This, however, seemed certain: The Packers plan to change their uniforms next season, retaining the current dark green, but switching pants and helmets from the present yellow to metallic gold.

Packer President Bob Harlan told the Milwaukee Journal the gold was not the same as that worn by any other team and that it was selected by General Manager Ron Wolf and Coach Mike Holmgren. Harlan said the helmet would be switched from yellow to gold and have a large green “G” on each side and the jersey would have a smaller green “G” on each sleeve. The white numbers on the green home jerseys and the green numbers on the white road jerseys will also have a gold outline. The pants will be plain gold.

http://packerperspective.com/2012/07/11/the-change-that-wasnt/

Last edited:

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are the official color shades of the Packers?
Dark Green (PMS 5535-C), Gold (PMS 1235-C) and White

Shut up. Look at the picture.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that when I was 5 yrs old I didn't get how the Packers were gold. In my crayon box they looked more yellow than gold. But they are gold.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see yellow...Harlan saw Yellow...Wolf saw yellow...You can see what you want

Your former execs call it yellow...You can call it what ya want..I call it yellow

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that when I was 5 yrs old I didn't get how the Packers were gold. In my crayon box they looked more yellow than gold. But they are gold.

Not according to the guys who thought about changing it to gold...Its yellow

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, watch them this week on SNF. Dome games see to show it better. They'll look darker, gold even.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were never changed...if you think they were changed from yellow then show me a link where the packers announced a color change from the YELLOW that Wolf and Holmgren kept

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not according to the guys who thought about changing it to gold...Its yellow

Watch tomorrow night, look at the picture I posted, and then lie about what you saw. Or admit you are wrong? Fair?

Mitchapalooza

Its a color who cares.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch tomorrow night, look at the picture I posted, and then lie about what you saw. Or admit you are wrong? Fair?
If they were changed, there would be a press release... Find it and show me they changed em... I gave you several links that say YELLOW from former Packer execs..You gave me nothing to show they changed to gold

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they were changed, there would be a press release... Find it and show me they changed em... I gave you several links that say YELLOW from former Packer execs..You gave me nothing to show they changed to gold

I gave you a specific color picture showing the helmet vs athletic gold and yellow. Not enough? Because you are apparently blind, more blind than the colorblind man. I gave you the official colors and number colors from the GB Packers Official website in case you wanted to paint your house Green and Gold.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I gave you a specific color picture showing the helmet vs athletic gold and yellow. Not enough? Because you are apparently blind, more blind than the colorblind man. I gave you the official colors and number colors from the GB Packers Official website in case you wanted to paint your house Green and Gold.

The color in the picture is subjective..I say yellow, you say gold... The packers call it gold because someone with a tiny brain might think that yellow means cowardice...

I researched it and found that 3 of your former execs called it yellow and were going to change it to gold but didnt. I posted the link

I also posted several links of outside sources that call it yellow

So..Am I to disregard what Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren, and your former President Mr Harlan say as well as a host of others I linked, and believe you because you think its looks gold to you?

I'll stay with the packer execs and non biased sources It's Y-E-L-L-O-W

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The color in the picture is subjective..I say yellow, you say gold... The packers call it gold because someone with a tiny brain might think that yellow means cowardice...

I researched it and found that 3 of your former execs called it yellow and were going to change it to gold but didnt. I posted the link

I also posted several links of outside sources that call it yellow

So..Am I to disregard what Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren, and your former President Mr Harlan say as well as a host of others I linked, and believe you because you think its looks gold to you?

I'll stay with the packer execs and non biased sources It's Y-E-L-L-O-W
Tell the Official Packers website to change it then.

And you know who the Packers colors remind me of, and least the yellowish portion, The Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have used black and gold as their colors since the club's inception, the lone exception being the 1943 season when they merged with the Philadelphia Eagles and formed the "Steagles"; the team's colors at that time were green and white as a result of wearing Eagles uniforms.

Stop talking. The Packers were gold, are gold, and will be gold tomorrow night. Watch and see jackass.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can call it what they want to..I told you why they wont admit its yellow

I have written proof by packer execs that it was going to be changed from yellow to gold but they never went thru with it

If it makes you sleep better at night,call it what you want

Its YELLOW

I printed out the color you posted..I held it up against our laundry room, and its a perfect match...Benjamin Moore says its "Duckbill Yellow"

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can call it what they want to..I told you why they wont admit its yellow

I have written proof by packer execs that it was going to be changed from yellow to gold but they never went thru with it

If it makes you sleep better at night,call it what you want

Its YELLOW

I printed out the color you posted..I held it up against our laundry room, and its a perfect match...Benjamin Moore says its "Duckbill Yellow"

Did you look at the picture? One matches gold. One does not match yellow. Umm, what are you arguing? That your laundry room is a shitty color or that your printer sucks? Please refer to the official Green Bay Packer website for their official team colors. Or look at my photo comparison.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So youre calling Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren and the former Pres Harlan a liar? I guess the press release that was held back is a lie also?..Just cause you people in Wisc are afraid someone might laugh at yopu cause your colors are green and yellow?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its Yellow...and BTW...Gold is a spinoff of yellow anyway...yellow is a primary color...so any gold is by nature YELLOW