Trevathan extended

kg1187

Liked Posts:
He played very well for a guy that would never get consistent playing time until last year. I'd have to think it's very hard to get your game going when you don't get consistent playing time and are just playing in a game or two every once in a while especially when you've never played starter minutes in your career.

Pre Roquan and with Trevathan missing so much time Kwit still couldn’t keep a starting job even as Pace/Fox draft pick. Tells you what they thought of him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I bet the contracted is structured something like $4-$8-$9 for the cap with a $6m signing bonus or so. Basically a 2 year deal with a little guaranteed left over in year three.

Yeah i would think Pace would structure it so the least amount will be paid in year 1.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pre Roquan and with Trevathan missing so much time Kwit still couldn’t keep a starting job even as Pace/Fox draft pick. Tells you what they thought of him.

Pre Roquan we had Jerrell Freeman starting with Trevathan and he played very well for us as well. They thought enough of him to keep him as the 3# LB all 4 years which is pretty good for a 4th round pick.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Trevathan missed a bunch of time and Freeman played a total of 13 games for the Bears because of injuries and a PED suspension.

Sorry Kwit sucked in coverage until this season and that’s why he couldn’t hold on to the starting job. Even last season KPL replaced him on third down for coverage reasons.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just to mention, Jordan Hicks, who was often injured, but a good LB while in signed a 4 year, $34M deal to go to Arizona last year. Hicks wasn't a massive name and had an injury history. I'm thinking Danny might be in the same boat. Good when healthy and maybe 3 years at $24M is just the going rate for a 'good' LB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just to mention, Jordan Hicks, who was often injured, but a good LB while in signed a 4 year, $34M deal to go to Arizona last year. Hicks wasn't a massive name and had an injury history. I'm thinking Danny might be in the same boat. Good when healthy and maybe 3 years at $24M is just the going rate for a 'good' LB.
Bad teams have to settle on bad moves and contracts. Just look at pace free agency as a whole

kg1187

Liked Posts:

If that’s the rate then Floyd should get about 8 million a year as others have said. I just don’t want to lose Floyd. Despite being a bad pass rusher losing him without a viable replacement would be a huge blow to the defense.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If kwiatkoski has avg coverage skills Smith and trevathan have no coverage skills.
I said below average cover skills. And anyone that can twist reality to believe Kwiat has better cover skills than Smith and Danny T is a true mind bender. Kudos

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I literally wrote it; speed.

Kwiatkoski limits what you can do laterally.

If you watch the games Kwiatkoski is not a pursuit linebacker. He is a mismatch problem on quicker RBs where Trevathan doesn't have an issue.
Lmao wrong the one play in 2019 where kwiatkoski didn't make it to a running back running a out route was because prince literally ran into him coming from the outside and stopped him from reaching the player.

Trevathan allowed 2-3 blown coverage plays in 2018 vs Arizona 2 leading to the only tds of the game

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Roquan has the most potential of all our ilbs if you have roquan kpl instincts and reaction time you'd have an all pro linebacker except he is slow to react shows very little instinct and has no zone coverage skills.

You don't know what you're talking about

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I literally wrote it; speed.

Kwiatkoski limits what you can do laterally.

If you watch the games Kwiatkoski is not a pursuit linebacker. He is a mismatch problem on quicker RBs where Trevathan doesn't have an issue.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trevathan at that number is below market value and will be much cheaper than Kwik. The Bears had to take the one that was cheaper.

Guaranteeing 2 years makes me a little uneasy for a guy with his injury history.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao wrong the one play in 2019 where kwiatkoski didn't make it to a running back running a out route was because prince literally ran into him coming from the outside and stopped him from reaching the player.

Trevathan allowed 2-3 blown coverage plays in 2018 vs Arizona 2 leading to the only tds of the game

Ive watched the guy his entire career. My thoughts aren’t based on one play.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
really should have gone with nick. I heard they talked to nick first and could not come up with a deal, I am guessing it was not 3 years 24 million.
This one will bite us when head case roquan stumbles again. Trevathan only missed 16 games over the first three seasons, thats an entire season.

Arkansas_Bear

Liked Posts:
have to imagine it’s a team friendly deal
"Now details of that contract have come out. According to Ian Rapoport, the Bears agreed to pay a base salary of $21.75 million and $14 million in guarantees. The contract has a maximum value of $24 million. This essentially means the Bears will pay him $8 million per year at most. One can imagine the salary cap structure will be a big factor, most likely being lower in 2020 so as to help the team conduct their free agency business"

from https://sportsmockery.com/2020/03/details-of-new-danny-trevathan-contract-revealed/

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game has finally slowed down enough for Kwaitkowski for his skills to shine. I wish him the best and I hope he gets as much $ as he can get. I think we all wish we could have kept him, but DT is the cheaper option and KPL proved last year that he’s capable of filling in when his number is called.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I understand why the Bears did this but that is a bigger guarantee than I expected for an injury prone player about to turn 30.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
really should have gone with nick. I heard they talked to nick first and could not come up with a deal, I am guessing it was not 3 years 24 million.
This one will bite us when head case roquan stumbles again. Trevathan only missed 16 games over the first three seasons, thats an entire season.
Just the opposite. How much do you want ( can afford to) to pay 2 MLB when Smith's deal comes up.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ive watched the guy his entire career. My thoughts aren’t based on one play.
No they're based on his 4 years and you dismiss 2019 as a fluke because players do progress and learn and evolve but let's not take that into account, oh what's next ? let's look at a preseason game in 2019 guess what they don't fucking matter no one cared to play at their best unless you are a rookie Nick wasn't in a position to lose his backup role and he was stuck behind a 1st rounder and a veteran making a bunch of money.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trevathan missed a bunch of time and Freeman played a total of 13 games for the Bears because of injuries and a PED suspension.

Sorry Kwit sucked in coverage until this season and that’s why he couldn’t hold on to the starting job. Even last season KPL replaced him on third down for coverage reasons.

I don't fully agree but it's all good.