Trubisky has legit ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He just got about 30% of his production in one game. Those numbers are skewed. Prior to that, before injury, he was on pace for a 900 yard season.

Yes prior to yesterday he averaged 47 yards a game which was the concern.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Yes prior to yesterday he averaged 47 yards a game which was the concern.

What about it was "concerning"? Robinson didn't look 'bad', IMO. He wasn't being featured in the offense, but the Bears were scoring a ton of points and moving the ball. I saw it as more of 'letting the law of averages play out' than thinking Robinson was "underperforming" (your term).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not the argument and never was. That's you spinning it. Is there a reason to expect him to improve as he gets his legs back? Yes, because he has a history. You just wanted to ignore that completely.

And I already said if more data came in I would revise my opinion which I did. I also said his last healthy season was as a 900 yard WR so no I didn't ignore his history. His history makes his true ability unclear since he only has one standout year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What about it was "concerning"? Robinson didn't look 'bad', IMO. He wasn't being featured in the offense, but the Bears were scoring a ton of points and moving the ball. I saw it as more of 'letting the law of averages play out' than thinking Robinson was "underperforming" (your term).

And maybe it was. However until he had a game like yesterday fair for some to be concerned. Perhaps your law of averages will prove to be true and he is more than than the 900 yard WR from 2016 and the first 6 games this year.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Was it snoop doggy dog that said "raise up off these N.U.T.S"?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love arguments that spill over into other threads.....

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It seems like all of these call out threads would be unnecessary if people had a rudimentary understanding of the CCS search function. Sheesh.

Tbf, it's broken beyond repair. Using Google to search within the site is much more effective.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol, that's nonsense. There's plenty of teams that spread the ball around that have number one wrs putting up number one wr numbers.

Then that means those teams are making a certain WR their #1 WR which Nagy hasn't been doing with AR12. It was T.Gabriel getting 8-9-10 targets a game the first 4-5 games. All i'm saying is the play caller has to make one certain player their #1 WR for that player to end up with stats that show he's the #1 WR and so far that hasn't happened with AR12 being that guy that gets the most targets every week. He had a great game so maybe we do that from here on out if AR stays healthy. Maybe they wanted to bring him along slowly this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then that means those teams are making a certain WR their #1 WR which Nagy hasn't been doing with AR12. It was T.Gabriel getting 8-9-10 targets a game the first 4-5 games. All i'm saying is the play caller has to make one certain player their #1 WR for that player to end up with stats that show he's the #1 WR and so far that hasn't happened with AR12 being that guy that gets the most targets every week. He had a great game so maybe we do that from here on out if AR stays healthy. Maybe they wanted to bring him along slowly this year.

You dont know the progressions. Also possible ARob wasn't getting open so Trubs had to move on to his other targets.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bearmick always had a very, although perhaps a little overly negative, approach to Trubisky.

I think people just group Bearmick and Spartan together, which is unfair.

Trubisky has shown the growth and improvement that those of us in the "patience" crowd were expecting with time and experience in the offense.

I think we can officially put the "total bust" talk of Lombardi, Barnwell and Spartan to bed.

I think when mick actually said he considered Trubs a bust is when he went too far cause obviously when you say he's a bust then you have made your final decision on what you think he's gonna be as a NFL QB and you weren't too far behind him windy cause i remember you being pretty negative about him as well but both of you have zero problem with manning up and saying that now you see that maybe there's something with Trubs and like you said here that you can at least say for sure that he won't be a total bust. Lets all just be Bears fans and hope the kid becomes an absolute stud and plays well every week and against good defenses which he hasn't won against one yet.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think when mick actually said he considered Trubs a bust is when he went too far cause obviously when you say he's a bust then you have made your final decision on what you think he's gonna be as a NFL QB and you weren't too far behind him windy cause i remember you being pretty negative about him as well but both of you have zero problem with manning up and saying that now you see that maybe there's something with Trubs and like you said here that you can at least say for sure that he won't be a total bust. Lets all just be Bears fans and hope the kid becomes an absolute stud and plays well every week and against good defenses which he hasn't won against one yet.

Holy crap my 8 year old daughter knows how to talk more concisely and clearly than you type.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Part of the Hill production is that they are putting up video game yardages.

Hill accounts for 28% of their yards.

I think Robinson would be close to that if he had not missed 2 games and played hobbled in another.

He's also a small speedster who much of his yards are from YAC which AR12 will not be doing cause he's not that kind of WR. Remy is just being remy. He has killed many of the moves that Pace has made that seem to be working out jujst fine not just the AR12 signing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You dont know the progressions. Also possible ARob wasn't getting open so Trubs had to move on to his other targets.

You just keep on reaching and thinking AR doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 WR in this league...lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Holy crap my 8 year old daughter knows how to talk more concisely and clearly than you type.

Wait a minute.........someone actually had a child with you? I'm guessing it wasn't planned and now i feel bad for the little girl.

Was that clear enough?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You just keep on reaching and thinking AR doesn't have what it takes to be a #1 WR in this league...lol

He obviously has what it takes as he had 1,400 yards once. He simply wasn't playing like one until yesterday.

A No 1 isn't just a decoy or someone who draws attention away from others. A No 1 puts up numbers even when a D is trying to stop them.

When I see ARob do that consistently for us then he will earn the No 1 title.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He obviously has what it takes as he had 1,400 yards once. He simply wasn't playing like one until yesterday.

A No 1 isn't just a decoy or someone who draws attention away from others. A No 1 puts up numbers even when a D is trying to stop them.

When I see ARob do that consistently for us then he will earn the No 1 title.

Honest question...do you watch the games? All of your opinions seem to be solely based on the stat sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.