Update: Dale Sveum is the new Cubs manager

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sveum definitely will not be an exciting listen in post game interviews, but he is saying all of the right things right now. Love the fact that he is preaching accountability, but we heard that from Quade. He talks the talk, let's see if he walks the walk.

It'd be nice if his players could take a walk too.

Reactions: X

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what I've heard from him so far. Seems very knowledgeable.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My guess is we offered him more money.

I mean, w/out knowing specifics (which none of us do), if I had two similar job offers on the table and one side gave me an offer, I'd wait to see if the other side would match/surpass it.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
My guess is we offered him more money.

I mean, w/out knowing specifics (which none of us do), if I had two similar job offers on the table and one side gave me an offer, I'd wait to see if the other side would match/surpass it.

Personally, whether he was my top choice or not, when you extend and offer to a first time manager and if he says wait a minute let me see if they offer me more, I would say goodbye.

Perhaps he just wanted to inform them that he was offered a job and that he was removing himself from their search.

That being said, he seems very knowledgeable and I like that he is actually talking the talk about accountability. Watching this team from afar for around 18 games a year he is able to give us a great opposing viewpoint as to what needs to change. Outside of Brenley, he might have the most knowledge about that than anyone else.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, whether he was my top choice or not, when you extend and offer to a first time manager and if he says wait a minute let me see if they offer me more, I would say goodbye.

Perhaps he just wanted to inform them that he was offered a job and that he was removing himself from their search.

That being said, he seems very knowledgeable and I like that he is actually talking the talk about accountability. Watching this team from afar for around 18 games a year he is able to give us a great opposing viewpoint as to what needs to change. Outside of Brenley, he might have the most knowledge about that than anyone else.

Two words that should not be used in the same sentence.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Why not? Brenley's extremely knowledgeable about the game.

Outside baseball, probably not so much -- but who knows, and who cares? That's not relative. Brenley knows what he's talking about.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't dispute Brenly's knowledge of the game. I would dispute some of the conclusions he has drawn from that knowledge about the best way to go about winning a baseball game and building a successful team.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't dispute Brenly's knowledge of the game. I would dispute some of the conclusions he has drawn from that knowledge about the best way to go about winning a baseball game and building a successful team.

This is something I can agree with.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
My bad :D Sometimes I just don't click the button, doesn't mean you suck :D

I do suck, but clicking the button helps my terminally low [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWjzBHUdsI]Self Esteem - The offspring - YouTube[/ame]