UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one can complain anymore that we never get a proven veteran coach.

I know right. We do a complete 180 degree turn from what the bears usually do and people are up in arms. We hire unproven coordinators as head coaches and people are up in arms.

Folks, McCaskey is at least getting away from what hasn't worked for how long?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
But for a Century? It's hard to believe they can't get it right once or even get lucky once in a century. Thank god I'm not a Cubs fan. I grew up surrounded by them and feel sorry for them.

No, their front office has been insanely incompetent. They barely even try to put a winner together, until recently.

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I really like Austin but i dont think Fox is the worst thing that can happen.. Does he bring DelRio as DC?

DocBito831

Liked Posts:
Nor Cal born, Nor Cal raised. Orange County living
I really like Austin but i dont think Fox is the worst thing that can happen.. Does he bring DelRio as DC?

Raiders are apparently pushing hard for Del Rio to be their HC.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, I am very lukewarm on Fox. It wouldn't be a bad hire, but it doesn't scream "new vision" from Pace for me. People are comparing him to the Maddon hire. Maddon is considered the BEST manager in baseball who is very unconventional. Fox is not that at all. I don't see the comparison. But I am willing to see what Pace has planned going forward if Fox is his guy ultimately.

Very interesting times being a Bears fan right now....

BEARS

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
im not even mad. the only coordinator i would want is Bowles. Quinn and Gase are meh to me.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are breaking from their normal method of operation, which is a great thing, because it has not worked.

The Bears are a dumpster fire. Hiring a veteran guy to clean up the locker room mess that Trestman created is a good idea.

Asking a young guy to come in and fix a broken team, while learning to be a head coach is a lot to ask.

Last edited:

ob1force

Liked Posts:
If no Del Rio for DC, perhaps he can bring along Jim Schwartz? They are both familiar with 4-3.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Great, 3 possible young and upcoming choices, and the beloved pick the ancient re-tread!! :fist:

He's fucking 59.

And you know you'd be creaming yourself and counting our future superbowl wins if they brought in Bill Belichick's 62-year-old ass.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Great, 3 possible young and upcoming choices, and the beloved pick the ancient re-tread!! :fist:

He's ancient? 60? Pete Carroll is 60. Would you not want him? He'd be a retread too.

Fox may not be exciting, but he has 6 playoff appearances in 13 seasons. 2 SB appearances. He also took a Panthers team that was 1-15 and took them to the SB two years later with Jake Delhomme as QB. He also had great connections with solid coordinators - most notably of recent - Mike McCoy, Adam Gase and Jack Del Rio - all of whom will be head coaches in the NFL next season.

People clamored for a coach with proper HC experience. Fox is the best choice.

But you'd rather have say Teryl Austin - a guy that has been with 4 different teams in 7 years and has a grand total of one season under his belt as a DC?

cd35

Liked Posts:
I have no idea why the hate for Fox. Well I do, but anyway.

Every other choice is pretty much a chance. You really can never tell what a coordinator will do as a HC, its a totally different job. It's actually amazing how people act like they're so certain some coordinator will be some great HC. It's silly.

The only sure thing was Arians and uh, yea

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've never really paid much attention to Fox or his teams. I don't really know how I feel about it, I guess.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bears might hire a guy that's been to 2 Super Bowls and has a 119-89 record. WHAT DA FUCK ARE WE DOING?

I want Dr. Death back!!!!

:turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle::turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.