UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see it just the opposite. Fox is a guy you hire to bring you back to a respectable franchise. He is not the over the top hire. John Elway agrees just listen to his press conference today "John Fox was the right hire for us at the time".

That time was coming off a failed out of the box 2 year hire that left the team toxic and in shambles. The Broncos had just hired an inexperienced GM (Elway) as well. Sound familiar?

So what youre basically saying is..

Fox will bring us back to where we were with Lovie, and the last 2 years was a failure..I can agree with that

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I live in Colorado and he's not highly regarded here. Not just reactionary from the last loss either. His teams are good but never good enough. I won't be bummed if he is hired but I like the idea of Austin or Bowles more.

I hear that too...and it baffles me. He brought their org back from the dark ages.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here is something to think about

Is John Fox a better HC than Lovie Smith?

If you dont think he is, then were going backwards..Myself, I think they are pretty much on par.
Yes

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox is better than lovie he can build an offense when has lovie ever done that? He also almost always find good coordinators can you say the same for lovie?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

If you dont think he is, then were going backwards..Myself, I think they are pretty much on par.

The point of firing Lovie was because there was no indication or way he could stay HC and improve the offense of the team.. that's why. Hiring Fox doesn't put the team in that position.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fox is better than lovie he can build an offense when has lovie ever done that? He also almost always find good coordinators can you say the same for lovie?

So the bears are going to be in drive?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then why bother with Austin? Why no interview with Fox yet?

There is mutual interest, no doubt about it. But I think the media might be making more of this than there actually is. We've already adhered to the Rooney rule with Bowles so why even continue on if Fox is the guy?

Also, Dan and Terry got the drop on all the NFL guys with this one? Yeah, I don't believe it.

I fucking hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rise

Liked Posts:

I do think he is a better coach than Lovie. He hires a better staff, and is more involved on game day. You could just put a cardboard cutout of Lovie on the sidelines for games, he does nothing but throw bad challenge flags.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point of firing Lovie was because there was no indication or way he could stay HC and improve the offense of the team.. that's why. Hiring Fox doesn't put the team in that position.

Not right away it doesnt cause improving or restoring the O is an unknown at this point with Fox..

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Exactly, never underestimate the power of the interview. Some notable hires who won the job because of an interview are Reid (philly), Tomlin, McCarthy. What the Fox safety net basically tells us is we are going to get one of two things; a steady veteran hire, or a coordinator who was born to be a HC as that's what it's going to take for an inexperienced guy to beat out a guy with the resume of Fox. Either way better days ahead in my mind.

That's something I hadn't considered - what if Fox is here for 3-4 years (then retires), then one of his coordinators takes over and continues what they are trying to build long term. Not the worst idea in the world. Would be very interested to see who he could bring in as coordinators, particularly with Gase and DelRio possibly getting coaching gigs.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Lovie had a decent offense in 06...sometimes

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I have learned a few things about Elway today. We have a consultant here that lives in Denver and has been around Elway a few times and also said Elway has had his fair share of issues in Denver. Elway is pretty well known for being very competitive, having anger issues, and is a complete douche. B&B also told the story about his pool table on air today as well.

Anyway, it just gives you an idea of what may have happened between Fox and Elway.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Lovie had a decent offense in 06...sometimes

He did... until it was figured out by the Miami Dolphins and Rivera called Rex and Mental midget

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If Pace is true to his word at his press conference, Fox is the ideal candidate.

Nothing says more like being flexible in your coaching scheme than winning a playoff game with Tim Fucking Teblow

Status
Not open for further replies.