UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Question. Don't you feel the maybe a difficulty getting good coordinators with a very young GM and a unproven HC?

I understand the thought that Fox is slightly more exciting than vanilla, maybe French vanilla, but he will command the room the minute he walks in and he has been proven to surround himself with good coordinators.

It's like buying that 2010 Certified pre- owned Lexus IS instead of the Lotus Elise from that guy with the gravel lot on a side road. Sure the Lotus looks more exciting until you find out it has a worn out clutch, leaky engine, and needs service shortly after buying it.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Currently own my second Lotus Elise and on the first one (a 2005 N/A) I had to replace the clutch and flywheel about 2500 miles into ownership (then again, it was due to track stupidity so my own fault).

But an Elise is definitely not a daily driver. Get both! Lexus is the daily and the Elise is fun/track/autocross/weekend toy!

So, Fox can be the boring vanilla pre-owned, but hire a loud rambunctious coordinator!

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I have learned a few things about Elway today. We have a consultant here that lives in Denver and has been around Elway a few times and also said Elway has had his fair share of issues in Denver. Elway is pretty well known for being very competitive, having anger issues, and is a complete douche. B&B also told the story about his pool table on air today as well.

Anyway, it just gives you an idea of what may have happened between Fox and Elway.

I used to live in Denver around the time of the back to back Super Bowl wins, and I've heard and seen the same comments. Elway hasn't been an easy guy to get along with since.....ever. He forced a trade after being drafted number one, after all...I wonder how Baltimore feels about him?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
and in 2010. People are just having purposeful selective memories....

BEARS

Dont know if this was 2010 or 06, but remember that GB game in Lambeau where the final score was like 26-0 Bears??

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Hey, he's too old.

In the meantime, every fan would have a hard on if Belicheck, Carrol or Arians coached the Bears (all older than Fox).

mac bear

Liked Posts:
After the VOID that was Trestman, still attacking Lovie huh Matt?...lol..what a joke...

I thought the point of all this was the Bears are starting OVER. If they in fact at STARTING OVER, then it would make more sense to get a get a coach here for the long haul. A Fox hire to me seems that the Bears think that close to something when they aren't...

Just my opinion. Like I said, it definitely wouldn't be a bad hire, but it doesn't scream "innovative" or "new era" to me.

BEARS

I'm not even sure you'll see my 'quoting you', but I'll say it none the less... Maybe the Bears are, according to some inside, that much closer than we're thinking.

Last year's devastation came at the price of many of our expectations. We ALL, virtually, thought the team was going to be leaps and bounds ahead of where they were the year before. Offensively, it wasn't that bad. Defensively, we 'seemed' to make some solid moves.

Our line fell apart, injuries mounted, progress on all sides slid into regress and the wheels fell off all around.

BUT, that said, a few touch ups, the veteran experience that won't be 'lost upon the players', might right this ship far sooner than the four years from now doomers and gloomers.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet he's the only QB to get to the superbowl with the Bears since jimmy mac.

haha bearmick been bashin cutler since day one...

say something bad about rex grossman...
1253527582_arnold_pects_flex.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its not too hard to play Trent Dilfer
I don't think Trent Dilfer had the second most triple digit passer rating games in the NFL in his year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Never have I heard a more eloquent description of Fox, keep up the good work!!
Maybe you could relate to it more if you replace Lexus IS with 2005 Malibu with unmatched paint replacement doors and Lotus Elise with 2007 Mazda 6 with visqueen side window and vice grip clamped on the drivers side door handle.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I know right. We do a complete 180 degree turn from what the bears usually do and people are up in arms. We hire unproven coordinators as head coaches and people are up in arms.

Folks, McCaskey is at least getting away from what hasn't worked for how long?

Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.