UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have loved to have seen Cutler make the Superbowl. He just never had it in him.

he has 1 more year imo

tumblr_m96ck3LiNM1qismj4o1_400.gif

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
Ppl are talking themselves into this the same way they talked themselves into emery and trestman. This is typical bears fuckery that will keep them mediocre

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
There's only one time that I can remember saying the Bears won in spite of a QB, and that was the infamous "They are who we thought they were" game.

Not the Tommie Torn Hammis game in 2006.

You musta been too early for 1984 or 1986

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ppl are talking themselves into this the same way they talked themselves into emery and trestman. This is typical bears fuckery that will keep them mediocre

if only they had a black qb they would be ok ..amirite?

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are talking right now on Denver sports radio that Glazer is good friends with Fox. Apparently on Sunday before the game he told Glazer that if he loses this game, tell everyone he will be available for hire. They are kinda pissed , but they arent sure if he was joking because he tends to joke in his conferences.

Also, I guess a bunch of players had a big dinner for Fox last night. They absolutely love him and are trying to be there for him. Even old players, like Stokely, came to the dinner.

Just some info. Take from it what you will.

Reactions: 1ke

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
no, he isn't. Rex played a part too. Everyone likes to remember the 5 or 6 terrible games while ignoring the rest. We wouldn't have been in the Superbowl that year if Orton was playing because we wouldn't have A) had the first round bye, or B) gotten past the first playoff game when we were down against Seattle in the 4th qtr and needed points.
You do realize the 2nd seed in the NFC that year was 10-6 right? The Bears went 11-5 and had a first round bye the year before with Orton. Games would have just been closer in the beginning of the year if Orton were still QBing. There may have been a game or two that Orton would have cost the Bears, just like Rex cost the Bears some games that Orton wouldn't have cost the Bears.

So its kind of silly to say that in regards to what happened that year.

As far as getting to the Super Bowl? Perhaps. Rex made plays in the Divisional Game behind a shaky defense. For all we know, Orton grows as the season goes on and he can also make plays when needed to.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What happens in Vegas...

Rise

Liked Posts:

What about Pace and Fox specifically reminds you of Emery and Trestman? To me they couldn't be more opposite. Also who would we hire at HC that would make you think the Bears are trying something new and are not settling for mediocrity?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As far as getting to the Super Bowl? Perhaps. Rex made plays in the Divisional Game behind a shaky defense. For all we know, Orton grows as the season goes on and he can also make plays when needed to.

Lol, sure.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are talking right now on Denver sports radio that Glazer is good friends with Fox. Apparently on Sunday before the game he told Glazer that if he loses this game, tell everyone he will be available for hire. They are kinda pissed , but they arent sure if he was joking because he tends to joke in his conferences.

Also, I guess a bunch of players had a big dinner for Fox last night. They absolutely love him and are trying to be there for him. Even old players, like Stokely, came to the dinner.

That would make sense in why Jay said so matter of fact he did be the coach here.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
However any of those 3 have similarities to wanny, jauron, and Lovie don't you think?
No, I don't.

Why don't you explain the similarities (beyond the 1st time HC with a defensive background)?

Rise

Liked Posts:

Shea held a dinner for Trestman at the local McDonalds, nobody showed up.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Great point, guy with 200 games as HC in the NFL, active streak of 4 playoff appearances, and 2 SB appearances is just like a former CFL coach ten years removed from the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.