whatever-

In emery I still trest

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
no, he isn't. Rex played a part too. Everyone likes to remember the 5 or 6 terrible games while ignoring the rest. We wouldn't have been in the Superbowl that year if Orton was playing because we wouldn't have A) had the first round bye, or B) gotten past the first playoff game when we were down against Seattle in the 4th qtr and needed points.

But Mick, wrecks was the originator of the 'good/bad' phrase. Good Cutler/Bad Cutler came from Good wrecks\Bad wrecks.

The lowest ever qb rating of any qb to win a game.

Remember, when after every horrific qb'd game, wrecks would say "I'm going to be better next week."? Then be better for a little bit, then back to being wrecks? Isn't this the same thing that we justifiably rip Cutler for? That he doesn't learn from his mistakes?

It's amazing how similar both wrecks's and Cutler qb career is with the Bears. It is truly an example of history repeating itself...

I will say that wrecks to Mick's credit, the offense for the first month looked explosive. He looked like the real deal. And wrecks gave you everything he had. I think he truly cared, just could never do it consistently. Cutler on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all about being great.

BEARS

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Mick, wrecks was the originator of the 'good/bad' phrase. Good Cutler/Bad Cutler came from Good wrecks\Bad wrecks.

Remember, when after every horrific qb'd game, wrecks would say "I'm going to be better next week."? Then be better for a little bit, then back to being wrecks? Isn't this the same thing that we justifiably rip Cutler for? That he doesn't learn from his mistakes?

It's amazing how similar both wrecks's and Cutler qb career is with the Bears. It is truly an example of history repeating itself...

I will say that wrecks to Mick's credit, wrecks gave you everything he had. I think he truly cared, just couldn't do it. Cutler on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all about being great.

BEARS

Well said

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL! Nowhere else to put this and it doesnt deserve its own thread.

To start Elway's press conference he says:
"Id like to start out this press conference with...a thanks to...John Elway!....er uh...John Fox." *laughter*

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Here's a handy guide for when Fox finally gets hired:

what-does-the-fox-say_52395d7da3bfc_w1500.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I will say that wrecks to Mick's credit, the offense for the first month looked explosive. He looked like the real deal. And wrecks gave you everything he had. I think he truly cared, just could never do it consistently. Cutler on the other hand doesn't seem to care at all about being great.

BEARS
Cutler has more physical talent, was given far more money, far more opportunity, and has always been a miserable failure. I have far more respect for a happy-go-lucky guy like Sexy who was still entertaining and still helped a team get to a superbowl. The fact that they have so many similarities is an indictment on the guy who was supposed to be the elite/franchise type player.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler has more physical talent, was given far more money, far more opportunity, and has always been a miserable failure. I have far more respect for a happy-go-lucky guy like Sexy who was still entertaining and still helped a team get to a superbowl. The fact that they have so many similarities is an indictment on the guy who was supposed to be the elite/franchise type player.

COMPLETELY AGREE. Cutler's so called 'potential' will never be realized. He's Kerry Wood. The Bears bent over backward to placate Cutler because they thought he was "the one". Man were we wrong....

BEARS

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If you like mediocre that can't make in game adjustments then go after Fox

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
John Fox would probably bring a pretty stacked staff with him which would be nice.

His connections in the league are a real asset.
Fox would bring to the Bears everything that they need at this point, including a hunger to win a SB, as he's come close and I'm sure it's a major goal for him personally. A young guy who has no experience may be overwhelmed with learning on the job and taking control and correcting the lack of discipline and severe dysfunction on the Bears.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sounds to me like they want a proven vet to mold our upcoming influx of young players while we rebuild the next couple of years

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Sounds to me like they want a proven vet to mold our upcoming influx of young players while we rebuild the next couple of years

Yep, and its smart.

Honestly, its the FIT more than the coach that is exciting.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thing Mannelly mentioned on the Score today about Fox compared to a new coach like Bowels or Austin is that his experience (both in terms of what he knows sms who knows) would give him the advantage in terms of what assistants he would likely bring with him.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So Fox couldn't win with Manning running the Offense but he will come here and work miracles yeah no thanks

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Fox would bring to the Bears everything that they need at this point, including a hunger to win a SB, as he's come close and I'm sure it's a major goal for him personally. A young guy who has no experience may be overwhelmed with learning on the job and taking control and correcting the lack of discipline and severe dysfunction on the Bears.

Would you have wanted Fox after being fired in Carolina? With that pedigree?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
So Fox couldn't win with Manning running the Offense but he will come here and work miracles yeah no thanks

Only one time has any coach ever "won" with "Manning" running the offense, so what the fuck does that mean anyway?

Manning has been Manning, regardless of coach or team. To use him for OR against Fox is a non-starter and patently stupid.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Another thing Mannelly mentioned on the Score today about Fox compared to a new coach like Bowels or Austin is that his experience (both in terms of what he knows sms who knows) would give him the advantage in terms of what assistants he would likely bring with him.

That's fine, but it's all about fit. The best coordinators won't make a difference if Fox's philosophy doesn't align with Pace's. Same with Austin and the other candidates. I don't see Pace as a guy who hires a stop gap for a future hire. I see Pace as a guy who will hire the coach he thinks is best fit to lead this team long term. If Fox is that guy then hire him, but if he's not then don't. I know that sounds simple, but there is way too much name dropping going on here. Fox isn't a transcendent coach like Harbaugh. Harbaugh could step in pretty much any situation and lead a team. The downside is that his tenures are short lived, but he was completely different tier than the coaches on the market now. Fox is a rock solid coach. He's a safe pick, but I'm only picking him if he's the right fit for this organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.