UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personally, I'd go for Shannahan but I'll take anybody who actually knows how to be a head coach. I'm sick and tired of having some asst coach come here and have to learn how to be a head coach on my time. There's been a long line of them here, mostly because of the skinflint McCaskeys....spend the fucking money and get a real coach in here.

lol

malcore

A vote for Fox is a vote for mediocrity

mediocrity.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@JasonLaCanfora: Add Chicago to the possibilities for Kyle Shanahan as an offensive coordinator. John Fox, who interviews there Wed, is very high on him...

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
@JasonLaCanfora: Add Chicago to the possibilities for Kyle Shanahan as an offensive coordinator. John Fox, who interviews there Wed, is very high on him...
I'm down with that. It's been mentioned on here but that is an edge Fox will have over everyone else. He's so damn connected. Austin, Bowles, etc might have a tough time bringing in a guy like Shannahan.

Maybe you then groom Shannahan as the future head coach?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm down with that. It's been mentioned on here but that is an edge Fox will have over everyone else. He's so damn connected. Austin, Bowles, etc might have a tough time bringing in a guy like Shannahan.

Maybe you then groom Shannahan as the future head coach?

Yeah Fox will bring in a solid, experienced staff and that is something Pace mentioned as something he wants to hear during the interview "who will be on your staff"?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Schwartz as the DC. Kyle as the OC (meeting Hub's Shanny quota), and Fox as the HC.

Damn. That's fucking impressive.

I think I wouldn't mind that.

And bring back DeCamillis for ST!

:facepalm2:

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Schwartz as the DC. Kyle as the OC (meeting Hub's Shanny quota), and Fox as the HC.

I've been against the Fox hire, but that right there I wouldn't mind at all.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
Let's be clear here this is a hire to get excited about. I'm not saying Fox is going to be the end all be all answer to Chicago's issues, but it beats the hell out of watching that nerd talk about how good practice was and realistically speaking this is a team that five months ago a lot of people not just in Chicago had pegged as best case NFC North champs worst case in a battle for the wildcard.

Obviously that didn't work out and nobody could have predicted the dumpster fire Trestman was going to start with his lack of institutional control, but make no mistake about it this team can play with damn near anybody talent wise. Fox has the HC and leadership experience to get these guys back on track, and luring in some big name coordinators with him to revamp the gameplan could really help as well.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Cutler this off season if this story comes to fruition.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Sometimes the answer is right there in front of everyone. Amazing that people don't think that's a sweet combo.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Sometimes the answer is right there in front of everyone. Amazing that people don't think that's a sweet combo.

I just don't like Schwartz personally. He is a complete asshat. Would he be a good DC? Maybe.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just personally don't like Schwartz personally. He is a complete asshat. Would he be a good DC? Maybe.

He's an awesome DC and an awesome douche. At least he doesn't wear a visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.