UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per Brad Biggs on M&H on the Score this morning- he claimed a league exec that he often speaks to that usually doesn't offer an opinion stated he believes its 70/30 that Fox is the Bears HC.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Per Brad Biggs on M&H on the Score this morning- he claimed a league exec that he often speaks to that usually doesn't offer an opinion stated he believes its 70/30 that Fox is the Bears HC.

I wonder why its only 70/30 and not 90/10. Tells me there is confidence in hiring him there, but theres some obvious weakness that isn't making this a done deal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I have heard that Teryl Austin really impressed the Bears.

I wonder if the hold up is on the Bears end or on Fox's end. I would assume on Fox's.

But jobs are disappearing fast and I doubt that Fox is going to allow himself to be left out in the cold.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It's clear that Hub does not like Fox...

But where did Shanny win his 3rd SB?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Assistant coach in San Fran for a Super Bowl

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He interviews today, I fly expect him to be offered the job today as well.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I wouldn't be surprised if something breaks today or by the weekend. Fox is going to be the guy.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I don't think they will let him leave the building without signing is my guess. I think there will be an announcement today.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I wonder why its only 70/30 and not 90/10. Tells me there is confidence in hiring him there, but theres some obvious weakness that isn't making this a done deal.

There is a 30% chance Brad Biggs mistakes him for a doughnut and eats him.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
What intrigues me about Fox is that IMO, it makes sense to see this team function under a "Normal" head coach before determining the rebuild project at hand. Is Brandon Marshall a fucking nutjob(well he is) but, can a coach with a set of balls control him? (He seemed fine under Lovie). What about Jared Allen? Is this dude toast, or did Tuckers awful scheme emasculate him?

I hate to overreact and dump 1/2 the roster if the issue was just a coach that let everything get out of control. Let's see these players perform under a controlled environment under Fox and go from there.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Fox walks out of the building today without being signed. but hell ive been wrong before

BradyJay

Liked Posts:

Or....they haven't even interviewed him yet? Knowing that, I'd say 70/30 is pretty strong..

Status
Not open for further replies.