UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I love how hub just bashes the hell out of the idea of hiring fox through the entire article but then says" Please don’t misunderstand, I’m sure Fox is a fine football coach, and I’m not saying he’d be a bad hire."

Well WTF then!

That second Hub article definitely has valid speculation. I've had many of the same thoughts. I will just say this about Hub though, if it were up to him our HC would still be Dick Jauron. So while he has forgotten more about the game then I'll ever know, and I love to listen to his radio show, the one area He lacks credibility to me is HC.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He said what alot of people are saying, Fox isn't a bad coach, but he's not much of a fit here. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Can you summarize why people believe he is not a fit here? Just cause of his age vs the age of the GM? Cause thats really all I got out of Hub's argument with regards to Chicago.

(I am not counting his prevoius "failures" to win a superbowl against arguably two of the greatest franchise/teams in the last 2 decades ( Brady, Belichek - Pats, and Seattle )

Hubs arguement they wont work well together cause of thier age is just plain Special person.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
He's Marty Schottenheimer wearing a different face, which is why Bears should hire him.

If it is later discovered he can only take them so far, so what?...they can do the same as Elway just did.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Given the totality of the situation, ( avaiable coach candiates, and the overall situation of the Bears organizaition and roster ) there is not one dam reason why John Fox should be considered anything but the most qualified and ideal candidate for the HC of the Chicago Bears.

Any arguement to the contrary is football stupid in my opinion.

You dont have to like the guy, or his style, or whatever, but given his resume the pool of other candidates....its a no brainer.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
119-89

That is not mediocre or inept.

Before you say Peyton Manning; Bill Belichek is 46-60 without Tom Brady.

3 Winning seasons with Peyton 3 winning seasons without him.

3 Seasons of 8-8, 3 seasons of 7-9, 1 season of 2-14.

Prior to Peyton each winning season he had followed up with an 8-8 or 7-9 season.

2002 - 7-9
2003 - 11-5
2004 - 7-9
2005 - 11-5
2006 - 8-8
2007 - 7-9
2008 - 12-4
2009 - 8-8
2010 - 2-14

While there is success to speak of it has been followed up with disappointment and regression the following year each time with the exception of the Manning years.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Given the totality of the situation, ( avaiable coach candiates, and the overall situation of the Bears organizaition and roster ) there is not one dam reason why John Fox should be considered anything but the most qualified and ideal candidate for the HC of the Chicago Bears.

Any arguement to the contrary is football stupid in my opinion.

You dont have to like the guy, or his style, or whatever, but given his resume the pool of other candidates....its a no brainer.

On paper yes. But it comes down to the interview still. If he doesn't mesh well with Pace for whatever reason then he shouldn't get the job. Provided a different candidate had better rapport.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see why we cannot bring in another CFL coach and see how he does.... one of them has got to be good right?

Rise

Liked Posts:
3 Winning seasons with Peyton 3 winning seasons without him.

3 Seasons of 8-8, 3 seasons of 7-9, 1 season of 2-14.

Prior to Peyton each winning season he had followed up with an 8-8 or 7-9 season.

2003 - 11-5
2004 - 8-8
2005 - 11-5
2006 - 8-8
2008 - 12-4
2009 - 8-8

While there is success to speak of it has been followed up with disappointment and regression the following year each time with the exception of the Manning years.

Tired of this shit. Do you not see the post above you? Bellichek 46-60 without Brady. The fact Fox had any success with those rosters in Carolina is a testament to how good of a coach he is. You want to consistently win for a long period of time in this league? You need a franchise qb or be the Baltimore Ravens that's it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I need to know updates NOW! What time was the interview? Is he still there now? How did it go? What was he wearing? Who is tweeting?!?!

I keep refreshing this page every 5 minutes because I need to know NOW!!

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
if Bill Belichek wanted to interview here, half of you would bitch.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Tired of this shit. Do you not see the post above you? Bellichek 46-60 without Brady. The fact Fox had any success with those rosters in Carolina is a testament to how good of a coach he is. You want to consistently win for a long period of time in this league? You need a franchise qb or be the Baltimore Ravens that's it.

What does Belichek and Brady have to do with Fox's teams regressing each year after having success?

There are other coaches who's teams don't fall off a cliff after success.

It is easy to post his overall record and think oh that's alright but when you break it down can you tell me you would really be excited about 7-9 and 8-8 seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.