UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
In all likelihood we are looking at a rough season or two no matter who we hire. I actually agree with much of what you say, I'm not lighting off fire works because we might hire John Fox. I do however think he is a certified good NFL HC and I think with the state of our roster and franchise, he makes a lot of sense right now.

Provided he meshes well with Pace.

And you know what, your opinion is perfectly valid and you may be right. Maybe what we do need is a veteran, regardless of if he's flashy or not. I'm not really passionately against the guy, I just can't figure out why everyone seems to be passionately for him all of the sudden. Then again it may go down like the Ballard hype which died down in a day, and we'll be talking about someone else tomorrow. Either way I don't think any of these guys are so good that they're beyond questioning.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_mctv3si8aF1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I can only dream of getting close enough to see the damn hump.

You saw it for nearly a decade with Lovie. Like Fox and the Broncos, the Bears were only going to get so far with him. What you said is exactly what I was talking about when I said people were overreacting to the Trestman era. My expectations are higher than the Bears just being competitive again.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Regardless of what happens today, it's doubtful we'll hear anything before the middle of next week, assuming they'll want to interview Quinn.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Was his flight mediocre?
Thanks, I needed that one. About made me spit out my coffee. Been a long day & only half over. The more I think about this, the more I think Fox would be the right guy for the job, but time will tell how this all pans out. At least his body of work as a head coach is there to see & looks better than the other retreads.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
You saw it for nearly a decade with Lovie. Like Fox and the Broncos, the Bears were only going to get so far with him.

The only possible advantage I see with Fox over Lovie is that Fox has a history of staffing both sides of the ball with competent coaches. Plus, Angelo is gone, and I haven't had a chance to lose faith in Pace yet.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vash trying to break a thread creating record. Also which airport?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man. Any time I come to the Bears forum it seems like Teddy's twitter feed threw up on the first page of threads.

Can't wait to hear what Fox ate for lunch. Keep me posted Teddy!

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Regardless of what happens today, it's doubtful we'll hear anything before the middle of next week, assuming they'll want to interview Quinn.

no way, we will have a HC by Friday evening

Status
Not open for further replies.