UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Regardless of what happens today, it's doubtful we'll hear anything before the middle of next week, assuming they'll want to interview Quinn.

If they like him it's decided today or tomorrow morning at the latest. They need to get started on putting a staff together. If we're waiting for Quinn that means Fox fucks it up today. IMHO. I think we have new coach by this time tomorrow.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
the-plane.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
no way, we will have a HC by Friday evening

that would mean cutting Quinn out of the options altogether without even interviewing him. If he turns out to be the next great coach, it's going to go down as a blunder by Pace adn the Bears. I don't see them not covering all options.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The only possible advantage I see with Fox over Lovie is that Fox has a history of staffing both sides of the ball with competent coaches. Plus, Angelo is gone, and I haven't had a chance to lose faith in Pace yet.

1 more key difference: Hubris.

Lovie thought he was hot shit after the super bowl and let Ron Rivera walk because of jealousy that Ron was getting some of the defensive credit.

Fox is someone who gets solid coordinators and lets them do their jobs.

That is a HUGE difference.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
that would mean cutting Quinn out of the options altogether without even interviewing him. If he turns out to be the next great coach, it's going to go down as a blunder by Pace adn the Bears. I don't see them not covering all options.

I thought they already interviewed Quinn on the bye week?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And in the meantime someone else hires Fox,Quinn doesnt look good in the interview ,and the Bears are left holding their dicks.

If they like Fox, HIRE HIM..If they dont, PASS

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 more key difference: Hubris.

Lovie thought he was hot shit after the super bowl and let Ron Rivera walk because of jealousy that Ron was getting some of the defensive credit.

Fox is someone who gets solid coordinators and lets them do their jobs.

That is a HUGE difference.

Yea, Fox has had one foot in the wooden box, it changes ones perspective.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
People will always second guess.

Fox is may not be what the fans want, but he's what this team needs right now.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Well they did interview him, plus we have no guarantee he would pick the Bears over the Falcons or Broncos.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I take John Elway at his word, that he was embarrassed by the lack of fight in both that loss and last week's loss. He didn't fire the players.

Elway put that team together, so he should be shouldering some of the blame. He signed a bunch of big names thinking that talent would put them over the hump. Elway should be more focused on player development. That's how he'l build a winner.

You won't find too many teams though that will win a playoff game when their QB can't do anything. The Broncos weren't set up to win like that. They were set up to win on the shoulders of the offense and the defense would compliment them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought they already interviewed Quinn on the bye week?

Did they? Then I guess Fox could be announced tomorrow then.

And in the meantime someone else hires Fox,Quinn doesnt look good in the interview ,and the Bears are left holding their dicks.

If they like Fox, HIRE HIM..If they dont, PASS

I'm completely fine with hiring Fox sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.