UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
All coaches are transitional...Just some sooner than others

So McCarthy, Belichick, Peyton, Harbaugh, Carroll. Those guys are transitional coaches by your definition? Well if you see Fox in the same way as those guys I'm down with calling him a 'transitional coach' so long as Fox is the guy you see helping you build this team.

A transitional coach to me is a Mike Quade or a Rick Renteria.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Per the score, bears and Fox talks moving quickly. Money discussed with agent well before the interview. Something peculiar would have to happen for Fox not to get the job.

Again that per score and Dan Bernstein's source

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Per the score, bears and Fox talks moving quickly. Money discussed with agent well before the interview. Something pick carrier would have to happen for Fox not to get the job.

Again that per score and Dan Bernstein's source

Maybe the thought is that they want this to be a one time deal? Not having to bring him back for a 2nd interview. Eh, who am I kidding. That sounds like unless Fox messes this up the job is his. You don't discuss money and other details before an interview and then bring a guy in without having the intention of hiring him if things go well.

Rise

Liked Posts:
John Fox's plane landed 35 minutes ago.

So McCarthy, Belichick, Peyton, Harbaugh, Carroll. Those guys are transitional coaches by your definition? Well if you see Fox in the same way as those guys I'm down with calling him a 'transitional coach' so long as Fox is the guy you see helping you build this team.

A transitional coach to me is a Mike Quade or a Rick Renteria.

I see 3 coaches with franchise qb's, one coach with a great defense/running game (the 2 formulas for success), and one transitional coach.

Edit: I need coffee I mean transcending coach. No one wins more without one of 2 magic formulas in this league than Harbaugh. That's why I say their are 3 ways to win consistently.

1. Franchise qb
2. Great defense/running game
3. Be the Baltimore Ravens

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Bernstein is such a fucking hypocrit. For weeks now, has been berating callers that suggest Ted PHillips could be running interference in football operations. Then Hub comes on yesterday and suggests its possible that higher ups at halas hall could influence the Fox hire, you would think he would berate him as well..nope. SUch a dope and a hypocrit.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
Bernstein is such a fucking hypocrit. For weeks now, has been berating callers that suggest Ted PHillips could be running interference in football operations. Then Hub comes on yesterday and suggests its possible that higher ups at halas hall could influence the Fox hire, you would think he would berate him as well..nope. SUch a dope and a hypocrit.

ha. Missed that part of the show yesterday. I've enjoyed Bernstein's daily meltdowns though.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand the dynamics between radio hosts, callers, and paid guest analysts very well.

You wouldn't berate your boss for and in the same way as you might berate a friend. People treat different people in different positions in different ways.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand the dynamics between radio hosts, callers, and paid guest analysts very well.

You wouldn't berate your boss for and in the same way as you might berate a friend. People treat different people in different positions in different ways.

Except Hub is not his boss.

Rise

Liked Posts:

You know what that show does right? It purposely puts on the air the dumbest/slowest people it can so they can rip them apart. It's comedy, nothing more, nothing less. I personally can't stand that part of the show and turn it off when they start taking calls.

These guys never attack their own. If you want to listen to a good show with callers that get treated with respect regardless of how simple the call is check out Hub's show. You will probably learn a lot on it to, I feel I do.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
You know what that show does right? It purposely puts on the air the dumbest/slowest people it can so they can rip them apart. It's comedy, nothing more, nothing less. I personally can't stand that part of the show and turn it off when they start taking calls.

These guys never attack their own. If you want to listen to a good show with callers that get treated with respect regardless of how simple the call is check out Hub's show. You will probably learn a lot on it to, I feel I do.

Getting publicy called out as a racist by members of the national media seemed to put him in his place for a while, but he's back to being the snarky little shit he is.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Getting publicy called out as a racist by members of the national media seemed to put him in his place for a while, but he's back to being the snarky little shit he is.

Yeah isn't he from Rockford? Explains a lot lol. (I'm from that area to do I can say that)

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Per Twitter - some dude Adam Jahns follows.

So for people wondering about timelines, He's probably set to get out of the airport about now - you figure the interview will take at least 3 hours, and might start around 1:30 or 2pm. So I figure if they resolve to keep him there, we may hear something between 4:30 and 8pm.

So there's that.

In other news, yes, I started a new thread. Yay me. :X

Does that give him enough time to show if he can or cannot build a dog cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.