UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I see 3 coaches with franchise qb's, one coach with a great defense/running game (the 2 formulas for success), and one transitional coach.

Edit: I need coffee I mean transcending coach. No one wins more without one of 2 magic formulas in this league than Harbaugh. That's why I say their are 3 ways to win consistently.

1. Franchise qb
2. Great defense/running game
3. Be the Baltimore Ravens

What's the difference between 2 and 3? Is not being the Ravens mainly been being 2? Or because of their Flacco post-season performances is that different, but if it was, it's just like what the Giants have done too.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Bernstein is such a fucking hypocrit. For weeks now, has been berating callers that suggest Ted PHillips could be running interference in football operations. Then Hub comes on yesterday and suggests its possible that higher ups at halas hall could influence the Fox hire, you would think he would berate him as well..nope. SUch a dope and a hypocrit.
I would call you the idiot for not realizing the hub has an agenda. Is so far up Shanahan's us and has been petitioning for the Bears to hire SHANY that of course he has been shit talking Fox the whole time.

There are plenty of connections between facts and pace with Sean Payton as the middleman to disregard any ideas that Fox is being forced on pace.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Bernstein is such a fucking hypocrit. For weeks now, has been berating callers that suggest Ted PHillips could be running interference in football operations. Then Hub comes on yesterday and suggests its possible that higher ups at halas hall could influence the Fox hire, you would think he would berate him as well..nope. SUch a dope and a hypocrit.

Whether you choose to believe him or not, a caller called in last night with this exact point. Bernstein's response was basically this, just because Phillips/McCaskey may like and even root for Fox to be the hire, that doesn't necessarily mean that Pace has to take their opinion into account when he makes the hire. If they hire Fox, it will be Pace's decisions and no one else's.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Whether you choose to believe him or not, a caller called in last night with this exact point. Bernstein's response was basically this, just because Phillips/McCaskey may like and even root for Fox to be the hire, that doesn't necessarily mean that Pace has to take their opinion into account when he makes the hire. If they hire Fox, it will be Pace's decisions and no one else's.
Exactly. And given how good of friends Fox and Payton, it is not a stretch to imagine pace consulted Payton on Fox.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:

I have no issue with Accorsi or other people in the building pushing for a candidate. Pace said he would lean on people with this hire and Fox is a damn good candidate. All that matters is if he hires Fox that it was his decision. If the organization helped him get there, so be it. Accorsi helped the Bears get Pace. Part of being a great leader is knowing limitations and relying on people to get things done. I think Pace is leaning heavily on Accorsi for this hire to make sure he does this right.

Would you rather Pace tune everyone out and do this search his way? (this is not in reference to your post, just a general question) He even admitted this was uncharted waters for him. On paper Fox and the Bears seem like a good fit. Just want to make sure this is Pace's call at the end and he's comfortable with it.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Exactly. And given how good of friends Fox and Payton, it is not a stretch to imagine pace consulted Payton on Fox.

He did consult him. Read somewhere that he called Peyton and Peyton gave him two thumbs up when Pace asked about Fox.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
let's face it, this is a below average franchise and has been for decades, a coach who is average or above average looks like a savior right now

Rise

Liked Posts:
What's the difference between 2 and 3? Is not being the Ravens mainly been being 2? Or because of their Flacco post-season performances is that different, but if it was, it's just like what the Giants have done too.

Well the Giants are hot and cold right? They don't make it every year, it's just when they get in they make it count. I don't think the Ravens have had an historically great defense, running game, or franchise qb during the Flacco/Harbaugh era yet they have made the playoffs 6 out of 7 times including having success while there.

You can say they morph into that during the playoffs but to me they transcend, in a way I don't see anyone else doing.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
EHC with an update on Twitter (sorry to steal your thunder buddy if you were planning on posting the same info on here):

Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL It's not like I'm "breaking" much here but I will say that I have been told John Fox will indeed be the next HC of the #Bears

and

Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL @michaelutm77 I have with 2 separate people. "Agreed in principle".

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
More Speculative Thread Starting - John Fox is the next Bears head coach

Reported by our guy, EHC, who broke the Pace story, on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
EHC...Ernie Hey Corsi?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

Status