Status
Not open for further replies.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
B7UrvFMCEAAQiDi.jpg

[video=youtube;5IKBAyxULAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IKBAyxULAo[/video]

mecha

Liked Posts:
What intrigues me about Fox is that IMO, it makes sense to see this team function under a "Normal" head coach before determining the rebuild project at hand. Is Brandon Marshall a fucking nutjob(well he is) but, can a coach with a set of balls control him? (He seemed fine under Lovie). What about Jared Allen? Is this dude toast, or did Tuckers awful scheme emasculate him?

I hate to overreact and dump 1/2 the roster if the issue was just a coach that let everything get out of control. Let's see these players perform under a controlled environment under Fox and go from there.

yeah, I mean, Emery's done, so whatever at this juncture, but I think it was silly to write off all his defensive draft picks (Shea excluded, that pofs) when you consider that proven veterans were playing like shit too under Tucker. too much BBQ too maybe.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I just don't like Schwartz personally. He is a complete asshat. Would he be a good DC? Maybe.

Yes he is a good DC, nothing wrong with an asshat in that role. He just isn't a good HC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't think Fox walks out of the building today without being signed. but hell ive been wrong before

I think it's announced tomorrow and press conference Friday. Almost every Bear hire since I've been alive follows that pattern. In fact I can't think of one that didn't I believe that's the PR department handling that.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I have heard that Teryl Austin really impressed the Bears.

I wonder if the hold up is on the Bears end or on Fox's end. I would assume on Fox's.

But jobs are disappearing fast and I doubt that Fox is going to allow himself to be left out in the cold.

The hold up is that they haven't interviewed him yet. Mutual interest on both sides, but until they meet anything can happen (reminds me of Ballard a little bit). I'm cool with Fox or Austin, but again I have worries about both candidates.

Fox: Do we force the fit? Is he being hired to balance out Pace's inexperience? Is he a bridge to another hire outside the organization in a few years?

Austin: A little too green to come in and clean up this mess? Who are his coordinators?

Rise

Liked Posts:
The hold up is that they haven't interviewed him yet. Mutual interest on both sides, but until they meet anything can happen (reminds me of Ballard a little bit). I'm cool with Fox or Austin, but again I have worries about both candidates.

Fox: Do we force the fit? Is he being hired to balance out Pace's inexperience? Is he a bridge to another hire outside the organization in a few years?

Austin: A little too green to come in and clean up this mess? Who are his coordinators?

Well said, I have the exact same thoughts. I'm not going to freak out either way just want a decision.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder why its only 70/30 and not 90/10. Tells me there is confidence in hiring him there, but theres some obvious weakness that isn't making this a done deal.[/QUOTE]

LOL... reading the tea leaves on hypothetical percentages from an unnamed league exec. No wonder half this board bought Florida Mike's BS.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK...What will people think when you quote Fox by saying..."Fox says"?....Will they think you're quoting Fox News or Fox the coach?..This could be a major problem I say!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
OK...What will people think when you quote Fox by saying..."Fox says"?....Will they think you're quoting Fox News or Fox the coach?..This could be a major problem I say!
If it is followed by some moronic conjecture it will be easily understood as coming from Fox News.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
If Fox sports is breaking something that John Fox says about the coaching hire, will they say "Fox says Fox says..."?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Megan Fox...it will be about titties
Vivica Fox...it will be about bigger titties
Michael J Fox... it will be...(i can't do it)

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I love how hub just bashes the hell out of the idea of hiring fox through the entire article but then says" Please don’t misunderstand, I’m sure Fox is a fine football coach, and I’m not saying he’d be a bad hire."

Well WTF then!

He said what alot of people are saying, Fox isn't a bad coach, but he's not much of a fit here. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.