Update on Team vaccination rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong. Most vaccinated people still do not contract the Delta variant. Also, for the most part, people who get vaccinated do not die from Covid. Almost all people who die from Covid are not vaccinated.

At this point, if you are spreading false information about vaccines, you share in the responsibility for the avoidable deaths.
Friend who's a nurse said they had several Covid deaths over the last couple weeks. Each one of them was elderly and every one of them were vaccinated.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Friend who's a nurse said they had several Covid deaths over the last couple weeks. Each one of them was elderly and every one of them were vaccinated.
Well that experience is very different than all other data and anecdotal accounts being reported. So let's just hope that remains an outlier

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I have gotten a lot of responses here. I am just going to lump this response instead of individually.

All I have basically said is that I don't trust Fauci at his word, that there may be long term effects from the shot we are unaware of and that no one knows if the shots are going to be a yearly thing or not. All these are true.

People seem to have lost there shit over this basic premises and that I am part of the reason why we haven't eradicated COVID yet. Simply for having this thought process and speaking my mind about it on CCS.

I have already stated why I don't trust Fauci. I am not going to keep responding to this every time I am asked by a different person. I have already said why I, and many other people, may be apprehensive about taking the shot. Because it is a new type of treatment as far as practical use goes. And because it has been politicized by both parties. I have been alluded to being an anti-vaxxer which is untrue because I have been vaccinated.

This is the last time I will address these. I am only going to keep this correlated as far as why or why not football players are getting vaxxed or not.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately we live in an environment of science deniers. The science tells us that global warming is happening and that evolution is supported by massive amounts of evidence. But some folks are either incapable of processing information, or just refuse to consider it.
So we sadly see people reject the science that tells us the vaccines save lives. Six hundred thousand dead-- and counting-- in the USA...

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately we live in an environment of science deniers. The science tells us that global warming is happening and that evolution is supported by massive amounts of evidence. But some folks are either incapable of processing information, or just refuse to consider it.
So we sadly see people reject the science that tells us the vaccines save lives. Six hundred thousand dead-- and counting-- in the USA...
This is partly true. We also live in a society where group think, politicization, and censorship is rampant. And this is true with all sides. But at the end of the day, most people (both sides) are incapable of non emotional, open, objective discourse and discussion….and the media and corporate giants aren’t remotely interested in that, which is why it’s being politicized and there’s pushback for anything that questions the narrative. The more people who feed on emotional response and opinions that bicker one side against the other, the better for them. It’s all misdirection and orchestrated but I digress

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, same old ignorant shit. A friend told me ___________________, so ignore science. Brilliant.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still doesn't change my personal view. The elderly have weaker immune response and greater vulnerability with other complications while most in that group will be vaccinated. Do you know which vax they had? Is you nurse friend vaccinated?

This is why all should be a bit less myopic and get the 2 shot deal, to help protect those more vulnerable.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I have gotten a lot of responses here. I am just going to lump this response instead of individually.

All I have basically said is that I don't trust Fauci at his word, that there may be long term effects from the shot we are unaware of and that no one knows if the shots are going to be a yearly thing or not. All these are true.

People seem to have lost there shit over this basic premises and that I am part of the reason why we haven't eradicated COVID yet. Simply for having this thought process and speaking my mind about it on CCS.

I have already stated why I don't trust Fauci. I am not going to keep responding to this every time I am asked by a different person. I have already said why I, and many other people, may be apprehensive about taking the shot. Because it is a new type of treatment as far as practical use goes. And because it has been politicized by both parties. I have been alluded to being an anti-vaxxer which is untrue because I have been vaccinated.

This is the last time I will address these. I am only going to keep this correlated as far as why or why not football players are getting vaxxed or not.
I get that. Fortunately, there are other well accredited sources for info. I think some take your Fauci comments as 'if he said it, it's untrue' and that's not what you're saying. That said, I understand the reasoning of his remarks but he did kinda blew it on early masking (which those that complain about it don't like anyway)and completely rejecting the lab leak(which remains an accidental scenario).

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
That is silly. I work in the ER, i have admitted upwards of 50 hypoxic covid patients over the last 2 weeks. It is rampant. They range in ages from 30-75. Many are under 50. What all 50 of them have in common is NONE of the 50 are vaccinated. I can not believe people don‘t want the vaccine. It’s absolute lunacy.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That is silly. I work in the ER, i have admitted upwards of 50 hypoxic covid patients over the last 2 weeks. It is rampant. They range in ages from 30-75. Many are under 50. What all 50 of them have in common is NONE of the 50 are vaccinated. I can not believe people don‘t want the vaccine. It’s absolute lunacy.
Curious what the co-morbidity rate is if those 50. Specifically obesity, diabetes, and heart/lung issues.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Curious what the co-morbidity rate is if those 50. Specifically obesity, diabetes, and heart/lung issues.
You mean a respiratory virus can accelerate the affects of prior conditions?

Sounds like something that should be taken seriously.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what was silly about what was reported to me. Are you saying it's silly that elderly people who were fully vaccinated have died from Covid?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You mean a respiratory virus can accelerate the affects of prior conditions?

Sounds like something that should be taken seriously.
Im just curious of those 50 cases, how many were the elderly and people with co-morbidities. I hope you’re not averse to asking questions .

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still doesn't change my personal view. The elderly have weaker immune response and greater vulnerability with other complications while most in that group will be vaccinated. Do you know which vax they had? Is you nurse friend vaccinated?

This is why all should be a bit less myopic and get the 2 shot deal, to help protect those more vulnerable.
She is vaccinated. I believe she said they were all vaccinated with the two shot mRNA vaccine, not sure which one though.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
Honestly, a good percentage of them do have some co-morbidity, but certainly not all. Makes it even crazier that they didn’t decide to get the vaccine. But some have no co-morbidities. The big takeaway is with our without co-morbidities, vaccinated people aren‘t getting severe disease. I have only had one patient positive who has been vaccinated thus far, and he was able to go home.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Honestly, a good percentage of them do have some co-morbidity, but certainly not all. Makes it even crazier that they didn’t decide to get the vaccine. But some have no co-morbidities. The big takeaway is with our without co-morbidities, vaccinated people aren‘t getting severe disease. I have only had one patient positive who has been vaccinated thus far, and he was able to go home.
Is it fair to say the overwhelming majority had co-morbidities and/or are senior citizens?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

83 days since my JJ vax. No blood clots, still here!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Im just curious of those 50 cases, how many were the elderly and people with co-morbidities. I hope you’re not averse to asking questions .
I love asking questions. In fact I posed a question to you in the post you just quoted. Perhaps I have what you are truly asking @Clint Eastwood as wrong, but it often seems that those who have downplayed COVID-19 use co-morbidities as if it is some smoking gun, as if COVID had zero to do with a person's death.

For instance, one of the main ways a person would die from Parkinson's is from falling. We can argue all day about what caused the fall, but someone without Parkinson's can fall and crack their skull on a granite countertop just as easily as the person with Parkinson's. It's the same as what you're saying in terms of being elderly, or having diabetes, or having x, y, or z. It's not the diabetes that killed you - though that probably certainly contributed - it was the COVID. Just the same as the person with Parkinson's who falls and cracks their skull open. It was the fall that killed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.