Update on Team vaccination rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I love asking questions. In fact I posed a question to you in the post you just quoted. Perhaps I have what you are truly asking @Clint Eastwood as wrong, but it often seems that those who have downplayed COVID-19 use co-morbidities as if it is some smoking gun, as if COVID had zero to do with a person's death.

For instance, one of the main ways a person would die from Parkinson's is from falling. We can argue all day about what caused the fall, but someone without Parkinson's can fall and crack their skull on a granite countertop just as easily as the person with Parkinson's. It's the same as what you're saying in terms of being elderly, or having diabetes, or having x, y, or z. It's not the diabetes that killed you - though that probably certainly contributed - it was the COVID. Just the same as the person with Parkinson's who falls and cracks their skull open. It was the fall that killed them.
See the problem here is I asked a very straightforward and simple question to a ER worker and now you’re semi jumping to conclusions or trying to pigeon hole or assess what my beliefs are or what, if any, agenda I have.

I would say just focus on the question and don’t focus or dwell on anything beyond that. Don’t assume someone’s belief or thought process. It’s much easier and more effective to focus on what is actually being asked than to hypothesize things that are “often seemingly” believed or done by others.

Do you really want me to answer your question?

“You mean a respiratory virus can accelerate the affects of prior conditions?”

Yes.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love asking questions. In fact I posed a question to you in the post you just quoted. Perhaps I have what you are truly asking @Clint Eastwood as wrong, but it often seems that those who have downplayed COVID-19 use co-morbidities as if it is some smoking gun, as if COVID had zero to do with a person's death.

For instance, one of the main ways a person would die from Parkinson's is from falling. We can argue all day about what caused the fall, but someone without Parkinson's can fall and crack their skull on a granite countertop just as easily as the person with Parkinson's. It's the same as what you're saying in terms of being elderly, or having diabetes, or having x, y, or z. It's not the diabetes that killed you - though that probably certainly contributed - it was the COVID. Just the same as the person with Parkinson's who falls and cracks their skull open. It was the fall that killed them.

dont know why you tryin

truth is, its too much effort for some people to care

so they have chosen to not give a fuck and will do whatever necessary to protect that position

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is it fair to say the overwhelming majority had co-morbidities and/or are senior citizens?
This has long been known, not sure why it matters. I would rather not pass on asymptomatic dz and potentially kill the old and infirmed either.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
This has long been known, not sure why it matters. I would rather not pass on asymptomatic dz and potentially kill the old and infirmed either.

I was curious about the 50 patients the other poster mentioned. Yes, in general this is well known. I’m curious about his particular recent experiences, however. Thank you.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
"Hey, did you hear about Ted? He died in a car accident."

"Well, he had asthma, so let's not be too sure about the car accident being what killed him."

Enasic

Liked Posts:
"Hey, did you hear about Ted? He died in a car accident."

"Well, he had asthma, so let's not be too sure about the car accident being what killed him."
Curious what this is in reference to and/or who you’re directing this at, if anyone. Or just making up random fictional dialogues for fun lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
dont know why you tryin

truth is, its too much effort for some people to care

so they have chosen to not give a fuck and will do whatever necessary to protect that position
Am I in the twilight zone? I asked a question to an ER worker and that spawned Gus to make a post that I still don’t understand, tbh. It seems by asking one question he is trying to label me into some group or project what my point is, which I don’t even have one. I’m just genuinely curious about the ER workers recent experience lol…not sure what the hell is going on

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Curious what this is in reference to and/or who you’re directing this at, if anyone. Or just making up random fictional dialogues for fun lol
I like to be creative.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Am I in the twilight zone? I asked a question to an ER worker and that spawned Gus to make a post that I still don’t understand, tbh. It seems by asking one question he is trying to label me into some group or project what my point is, which I don’t even have one. I’m just genuinely curious about the ER workers recent experience lol…not sure what the hell is going on
And if I'm wrong, I apologize. However, there certainly was a large contingent of people who would downplay the deaths attributed to COVID based on pre-existing conditions.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And if I'm wrong, I apologize. However, there certainly was a large contingent of people who would downplay the deaths attributed to COVID based on pre-existing conditions.
Well, you are wrong. Although, I do question how accurate the overall statistics are as a whole , mainly because of the inaccuracy of some PCR and rapid tests and the method of recording deaths. When there are false positives and false negatives, you simply cannot take the data as 100% accurate. That would be impossible to do.

However, having said that, I’m also fully aware that Covid has killed a lot of elderly and people with co-morbidities worldwide, and yes, even some younger and healthier people in rare instances. So I’m not downplaying anything and I wasn’t eluding to any of this in regards to my question to another poster. I’m not sure why you took it there, honestly.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

whatever

just keep collecting the anecdotes to validate the position you already decided on

if you are concerned about ER workers, maybe start with the ptsd from people dying in hallways of overflowing hospitals

Enasic

Liked Posts:
whatever

just keep collecting the anecdotes to validate the position you already decided on

if you are concerned about ER workers, maybe start with the ptsd from people dying in hallways of overflowing hospitals
Umm…..are you ok? Lol

I asked a question. Not sure what is triggering this emotional tirade that has nothing to do with anything. Certainly nothing to do with my beliefs and there were no antecdotes provided. This is what I eluded to earlier about both sides being incapable of objective, non emotional discourse. No one can rationally follow a point ir question. Instead responses of nonsense and people dying in hallways emerges. Where did that even come from?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, you are wrong. Although, I do question how accurate the overall statistics are as a whole , mainly because of the inaccuracy of some PCR and rapid tests and the method of recording deaths. When there are false positives and false negatives, you simply cannot take the data as 100% accurate. That would be impossible to do.

However, having said that, I’m also fully aware that Covid has killed a lot of elderly and people with co-morbidities worldwide, and yes, even some younger and healthier people in rare instances. So I’m not downplaying anything and I wasn’t eluding to any of this in regards to my question to another poster. I’m not sure why you took it there, honestly.
Just have to check how many more people died and of what causes in a given fiscal year. It's remarkably consistent except for all those extra Covid deaths . Preliminary data on those #s indicate it was not over reported and probably the opposite. US deaths went from 2,854,838 in 2019 to 3,358,815 in 2020 when the covid # was still at 377,383 This while there was less travel etc and the Suicide rate remained about the same (actually dropped though the right made it seem the opposite).

That's 504,000 extra deaths in 2020 vs the previous year while Covid only officially registered 377,383 of those. Covid as cause was clearly under reported and likely by about 90,000 at the end of 2020.

One of these things is not like the others.

Annual deaths
2013 - 2,596,993
2014 - 2,626,418
2015 - 2,712,630
2016 - 2,744,248
2017 - 2,813,503
2018 - 2,839,205
2019 - 2,854,838
2020 - 3,358,815

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what was silly about what was reported to me. Are you saying it's silly that elderly people who were fully vaccinated have died from Covid?
The “silly” is the implication that its elderly who are dying of covid, and in this nurses example elderly who are vaccinated. I have not admitted an elderly vaccinated patient in the last few weeks, but i have admitted multiple elderly unvaccinated people. I have also admitted many unvaccinated people under the age of 50. Some have comorbidities, but these are not “sickly” people. They may be on meds for hypertension or might be slightly overweight or something. But they are people who are not typically “sick” or admitted to the hospital for anything.

My coworkers are all seeing the same thing as well, and we are frustrated that our hospital is overrun with covid admissions and as a result we have no rooms to see patients in. I see them all in the waiting room currently. Realize that I live in Florida, and in Florida, covid is currently going crazy.

What is unfortunate, is that somehow politics infused the whole situation and mistrust. But if everyone would get vaccinated, admissions and deaths would plummet, and transmission would diminish and we would be out of this thing by now. I’m a very frustrated health care worker. And you should see the sheepish look on the patient’s faces when I ask if they were vaccinated as I’m calling for their admission to the hospital hoping they recover.

Not getting the vaccine is not a good decision. There are (almost) no reasons not to get it. My children both got it, they are under the age of 18. And one of them had covid before the vaccine was approved for under 18, and he still got the vaccine after. And I know the science and am educated. It’s frustrating for non-medical people not to believe or listen to this educated advice.

Ok, dismounting from my soap box now, please continue with sports discussions.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just have to check how many more people died and of what causes in a given fiscal year. It's remarkably consistent except for all those extra Covid deaths . Preliminary data on those #s indicate it was not over reported and might be the opposite. It went from 2,854,838 in 2019 to 3,358,815 in 2020 when the covid # was still at 377,383 This while there was less travel etc and Suicide rate remained about the same (actually dropped though the right made it seem the opposite).

That's 504,000 extra deaths in 2020 vs the previous year while Covid only registered 377,383 of those. Covid as cause was clearly under reported and likely by 100,000 at the end of 2020.

2013 - 2,596,993
2014 - 2,626,418
2015 - 2,712,630
2016 - 2,744,248
2017 - 2,813,503
2018 - 2,839,205
2019 - 2,854,838
2020 - 3,358,815
A ton of people died worldwide. I’m just saying there’s no way no factually know the precise number of Covid deaths. We can be perhaps ballpark. But we do not know an exact scientifically accurate number. It’s impossible given the data

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A ton of people died worldwide. I’m just saying there’s no way no factually know the precise number of Covid deaths. We can be perhaps ballpark. But we do not know an exact scientifically accurate number. It’s impossible given the data
I give real data and you make some arbitrary statement that is technically not false but extremely disingenuous. I'd think your legs would be tired from all that dancing. Take a rest.
1626917774097.png

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Umm…..are you ok? Lol

I asked a question. Not sure what is triggering this emotional tirade that has nothing to do with anything. Certainly nothing to do with my beliefs and there were no antecdotes provided. This is what I eluded to earlier about both sides being incapable of objective, non emotional discourse. No one can rationally follow a point ir question. Instead responses of nonsense and people dying in hallways emerges. Where did that even come from?
Oh, come on. You were clearly implying that age and infirmity are large players in Covid deaths (they are) and suggesting that that somehow should factor in to justifying not getting vaccinated (it doesn't). That this deadly enemy has killed more Americans than WW II, yet some Americans refuse to do something so simple to defeat it, is mind blowing and frustrating.

But sure, tell us again how you are just innocently, so curious about 50 random people.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

read: "I have made up my mind and nothing can change it"

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Just have to check how many more people died and of what causes in a given fiscal year. It's remarkably consistent except for all those extra Covid deaths . Preliminary data on those #s indicate it was not over reported and probably the opposite. US deaths went from 2,854,838 in 2019 to 3,358,815 in 2020 when the covid # was still at 377,383 This while there was less travel etc and the Suicide rate remained about the same (actually dropped though the right made it seem the opposite).

That's 504,000 extra deaths in 2020 vs the previous year while Covid only officially registered 377,383 of those. Covid as cause was clearly under reported and likely by about 90,000 at the end of 2020.

Annual deaths
2013 - 2,596,993
2014 - 2,626,418
2015 - 2,712,630
2016 - 2,744,248
2017 - 2,813,503
2018 - 2,839,205
2019 - 2,854,838
2020 - 3,358,815
Although trumpers will claim the number of deaths didn't increase.

Overdose deaths actually did increase but it was probably fairly insignificant in regards to that number

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I get that. Fortunately, there are other well accredited sources for info. I think some take your Fauci comments as 'if he said it, it's untrue' and that's not what you're saying. That said, I understand the reasoning of his remarks but he did kinda blew it on early masking (which those that complain about it don't like anyway)and completely rejecting the lab leak(which remains an accidental scenario).
I'm not sure what fauci botched on those. Pretty certain early rejection of masks was because the supply was so limited and he was trying to preserve supply for healthcare workers. As far as the lab leak, what good is publicly reporting it? Especially before there was any concrete evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.