Update on Team vaccination rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

napo55

Liked Posts:
This is partly true. We also live in a society where group think, politicization, and censorship is rampant. And this is true with all sides. But at the end of the day, most people (both sides) are incapable of non emotional, open, objective discourse and discussion….and the media and corporate giants aren’t remotely interested in that, which is why it’s being politicized and there’s pushback for anything that questions the narrative. The more people who feed on emotional response and opinions that bicker one side against the other, the better for them. It’s all misdirection and orchestrated but I digress

Sounds like quibbling to me. What part was not true in my post?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just have to check how many more people died and of what causes in a given fiscal year. It's remarkably consistent except for all those extra Covid deaths . Preliminary data on those #s indicate it was not over reported and probably the opposite. US deaths went from 2,854,838 in 2019 to 3,358,815 in 2020 when the covid # was still at 377,383 This while there was less travel etc and the Suicide rate remained about the same (actually dropped though the right made it seem the opposite).

That's 504,000 extra deaths in 2020 vs the previous year while Covid only officially registered 377,383 of those. Covid as cause was clearly under reported and likely by about 90,000 at the end of 2020.

One of these things is not like the others.

Annual deaths
2013 - 2,596,993
2014 - 2,626,418
2015 - 2,712,630
2016 - 2,744,248
2017 - 2,813,503
2018 - 2,839,205
2019 - 2,854,838
2020 - 3,358,815
Just to add to this point the average increase of deaths from 2013 to 2019 was 42,974. Without Covid the US was looking about 2,897,812 deaths for 2020. So there was 461,003 more deaths than what would be expected.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Although trumpers will claim the number of deaths didn't increase.

Overdose deaths actually did increase but it was probably fairly insignificant in regards to that number
Suicide actually decreased by 5.6% but death by abuse did increase. There were also more traffic deaths but other areas that came down. Every year is different in emphasis but the general rate averages out and remains consistent except for a greater than order of magnitude spike in 2020.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just to add to this point the average increase of deaths from 2013 to 2019 was 42,974. Without Covid the US was looking about 2,897,812 deaths for 2020. So there was 461,003 more deaths than what would be expected.
Yup and I've made the point before. Many of those deaths will have been attributed to other causes and not the other way around. Never a got a decent retort from deniers and they start the nonsense all over again a few days later to keep the lie alive. You would think that once we finally have valid data and their info sources de-emphasize that particular lie, they would let the mortality #s go.

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wrong. Most vaccinated people still do not contract the Delta variant. Also, for the most part, people who get vaccinated do not die from Covid. Almost all people who die from Covid are not vaccinated.

At this point, if you are spreading false information about vaccines, you share in the responsibility for the avoidable deaths.
Pray tell, show me where I specified that it was the Delta variant that these vaccinated people were infected by? Who's the one spreading misinformation now? Fucking idiot.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get that. Fortunately, there are other well accredited sources for info. I think some take your Fauci comments as 'if he said it, it's untrue' and that's not what you're saying. That said, I understand the reasoning of his remarks but he did kinda blew it on early masking (which those that complain about it don't like anyway)and completely rejecting the lab leak(which remains an accidental scenario).
Fauci openly admitted to mistakes, but his missteps are clearly more political than scientific in nature so the questioning of his expertise is a wild overreaction. Context is important.

At the beginning of the pandemic, we were dealing with massive supply chain disruption and reserve shortages of medical equipment / PPE. The CDC was trying to maintain inventory of critical supplies for the healthcare system.

His error in judgement IMO was that the public didn't need N95 masks but there was a reasonable alternative he dismissed in any masks—even homemade—preferably with an additional filter layer. Any barrier to transmission would have been better than unmasking so he should be criticized on this one.

The lab leak theory was floated by the administration early on, while Trump was simultaneously downplaying the threat of the virus and criticizing China's response. Given the pervasive lies coming from the White House, Fauci was in an untenable position while becoming the face of a growing crisis. How do you serve the president while he's undercutting the CDC response? There's no proof either way, so it's not something a scientist should take a position on, but I'd rather Fauci err on the side of not feeding into the xenophobia that Trump was clearly playing up.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Fauci openly admitted to mistakes, but his missteps are clearly more political than scientific in nature so the questioning of his expertise is a wild overreaction. Context is important.

At the beginning of the pandemic, we were dealing with massive supply chain disruption and reserve shortages of medical equipment / PPE. The CDC was trying to maintain inventory of critical supplies for the healthcare system.

His error in judgement IMO was that the public didn't need N95 masks but there was a reasonable alternative he dismissed in any masks—even homemade—preferably with an additional filter layer. Any barrier to transmission would have been better than unmasking so he should be criticized on this one.

The lab leak theory was floated by the administration early on, while Trump was simultaneously downplaying the threat of the virus and criticizing China's response. Given the pervasive lies coming from the White House, Fauci was in an untenable position while becoming the face of a growing crisis. How do you serve the president while he's undercutting the CDC response? There's no proof either way, so it's not something a scientist should take a position on, but I'd rather Fauci err on the side of not feeding into the xenophobia that Trump was clearly playing up.
It wasn't even only n95 masks that were being bought out everywhere. All stores were out of any available mask for months. Healthcare professionals were at times having to use homemade masks. It was insane.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A ton of people died worldwide. I’m just saying there’s no way no factually know the precise number of Covid deaths. We can be perhaps ballpark. But we do not know an exact scientifically accurate number. It’s impossible given the data
4M COVID deaths have been reported worldwide but recent news has India underreporting Delta variant deaths by an order of magnitude. Recent deaths there are estimated between 3-4M, which is frightening if true considering that number is equivalent to previous worldwide totals.

Arguing against masking and vaccinating in the face of a threat like that is crazy.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wasn't even only n95 masks that were being bought out everywhere. All stores were out of any available mask for months. Healthcare professionals were at times having to use homemade masks. It was insane.
And the hysteria was driven by a leadership vacuum. We needed a steady hand in the Oval Office prioritizing our response. It was hit or miss whether we got that at the state level. And then when mask mandates started rolling out it became a political issue for the Republican party. I'm not sure "insane" is a strong enough word.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I get all that and agree but individuals are allowed their own takes. I recall that it wasn't considered that airborne at the time but Fauci isn't the one that came up with that.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the hysteria was driven by a leadership vacuum. We needed a steady hand in the Oval Office prioritizing our response. It was hit or miss whether we got that at the state level. And then when mask mandates started rolling out it became a political issue for the Republican party. I'm not sure "insane" is a strong enough word.
States having to bid against each other for respirators and masks etc was a total fail by national leadership. I also recall some high level profiteering. It was the shittiest of shit shows.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Getting back to the NFL. There's a new rule. If a game gets cancelled due to a Covid outbreak, the infected team forfeits.

Good! Enough hand holding. If you don't take the vaccine, then you accept the consequences.

Also, the forfeiting team pays fines.

Also, players don't get a portion of their salary.

Players who test positive but were vaccinated just need a negative test to start playing. Unvaccinated players still need to quarantine (think it's 10 days)

Last edited:

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
This is the way it should be. I've had enough of this anti-vax nonsense. The fact that this has become political is the craziest thing I have seen in my lifetime.

Hit these players/teams with the only things that matter to them.....losses and money.

Players who refuse to vaccinate are now directly hurting their teams success and earning potential. Let's see if their selfishness continues.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
This is the way it should be. I've had enough of this anti-vax nonsense. The fact that this has become political is the craziest thing I have seen in my lifetime.

Hit these players/teams with the only things that matter to them.....losses and money.

Players who refuse to vaccinate are now directly hurting their teams success and earning potential. Let's see if their selfishness continues.

I'm done placating the insanity.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
This new NFL vaccination rule is gonna make me cum

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
variants...vaccines it dont matter, variants will continue to pop up regardless of if the entire world were vaccinated...Being vaccinated doesnt mean you wont get the variant and have a chance at dying from it...
if your over 50 taking the vaccine should be a no brainer since most likely you wont live to go through the side effects 20-30 yrs later...for those under 50 its a gamble for sure...take the vaccine and have a lower chance of one of the variants killing you and suffer from side effects down the road or dont take the vaccine and hope one of the covid strains doesnt kill you...

Brum Bear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Assume teams will keep any unvaccinated players well away from the rest of the roster. No sense risking forfeiting a game

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
variants...vaccines it dont matter, variants will continue to pop up regardless of if the entire world were vaccinated...Being vaccinated doesnt mean you wont get the variant and have a chance at dying from it...
if your over 50 taking the vaccine should be a no brainer since most likely you wont live to go through the side effects 20-30 yrs later...for those under 50 its a gamble for sure...take the vaccine and have a lower chance of one of the variants killing you and suffer from side effects down the road or dont take the vaccine and hope one of the covid strains doesnt kill you...
Hey look it’s a dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.