Vic Fangio News

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-vic-fangio-biggs-20180109-story.html

Article from Biggsy about Vic. Interesting quote from the article:

...sources say one of his primary questions for the team was if it was a serious interview or a courtesy extended by Pace in an effort to appease Fangio and keep him interested in staying with a new head coach? The Bears assured Fangio it was a real interview.

Vic just sounds like the jaded old grouchy fuck and Pace is all sunshine and rainbow farts. It's no surprise Pace didn't give him the job....Vic see's through his shit.

Makes me want Vic all the more.... this team needs fewer "yes men" and he's most certainly not that.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-vic-fangio-biggs-20180109-story.html

...sources say one of his primary questions for the team was if it was a serious interview or a courtesy extended by Pace in an effort to appease Fangio and keep him interested in staying with a new head coach? The Bears assured Fangio it was a real interview.

Vic just sounds like the jaded old grouchy fuck and Pace is all sunshine and rainbow farts. It's no surprise Pace didn't give him the job....Vic see's through his shit.

Makes me want Vic all the more.... this team needs fewer "yes men" and he's most certainly not that.

Ironically its one of the things that probably will dictate why he will not be a head coach in the NFL. One attribute NFL HCs have despite their failure or success as head coaches is the ability to be diplomatic with their superiors and in their public speaking. By this I outright mean bullshitting or taking people's shit in stride. Fangio neither strikes me as someone who can do either of those things nor wants to.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is Vic really that dumb? Ofcourse they are going to hire an offensive head coach. Everyone and their brother knew this months ago. The fact that they even gave him a courtesy interview shows they respect him. How would he not see this?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Meatball Vic calling bullshit in a job interview. Pace shoulda stopped the interview there and thanked him for his time.

Great job, Vic, you saw through the Bears' ruse and were "man enough" to call them out on it. Sure, since you have zero diplomacy you stand no chance of getting this or any other HC job, but you were RIGHT! That's much more important, ain't it? . . .

. . . The longer the Bears string him along the greater chance the crotchety old man might go postal. Might as well move on . . .

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Meatball Vic calling bullshit in a job interview. Pace shoulda stopped the interview there and thanked him for his time.

Great job, Vic, you saw through the Bears' ruse and were "man enough" to call them out on it. Sure, since you have zero diplomacy you stand no chance of getting this or any other HC job, but you were RIGHT! That's much more important, ain't it? . . .

. . . The longer the Bears string him along the greater chance the crotchety old man might go postal. Might as well move on . . .

Vic brings a gun to Halas Hall and demands to be head coach. I can see it now.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make Fangio the highest paid DC in the league. The best thing for this organization at this point would be continuity on the D. Hopefully Vic stays and builds on his work and what he has built in Chicago. Justify the ticket price increases and pay the man.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Is Vic really that dumb? Ofcourse they are going to hire an offensive head coach. Everyone and their brother knew this months ago. The fact that they even gave him a courtesy interview shows they respect him. How would he not see this?

He did see that and apparently he takes it as an insult lol. More I’m reading about this it’s just not going to work out, he needs to leave. The last thing we need is mutiny in the locker room because Fangio doesn’t believe in Nagy. That dynamic has worked in the past with Ditka/Ryan but even on its best day it is short lived and toxic.

If we can get Gus Bradley I am not going to be upset. I just don’t want to be left with some no name scrub, that’s my main fear with all of this at this point.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy needs to get to work and start getting his staff in place.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Does anyone else find it odd that Fangio is a free agent now and there are no reports of interviews scheduled?

Hope this is an indicator that he is working with the Bears on new contract.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does anyone else find it odd that Fangio is a free agent now and there are no reports of interviews scheduled?

Hope this is an indicator that he is working with the Bears on new contract.

Its the only indicator that shows there is a chance he stays with the Bears. Otherwise I would be firmly expecting his departure. I wonder if Nagy's comment about defenses playing odd man fronts 60whatever% of the time was subtle shade at Fangio saying stay or leave IDGAF.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds like Fangio is being a little bitch. Dude got his feelings hurt, and now he’s trying to stick it to Pace.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did see that and apparently he takes it as an insult lol. More I’m reading about this it’s just not going to work out, he needs to leave. The last thing we need is mutiny in the locker room because Fangio doesn’t believe in Nagy. That dynamic has worked in the past with Ditka/Ryan but even on its best day it is short lived and toxic.

If we can get Gus Bradley I am not going to be upset. I just don’t want to be left with some no name scrub, that’s my main fear with all of this at this point.

It can work, it did with Buddy and Ditka but I agree that it generally isn't a good thing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Fangio is being a little bitch. Dude got his feelings hurt, and now he’s trying to stick it to Pace.

Lol a bit of an exaggeration. It is entirely fair for someone to not be enthused when they have been passed over for a promotion.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lol a bit of an exaggeration. It is entirely fair for someone to not be enthused when they have been passed over for a promotion.

It would be one thing if they hired Edwards or another DC to be their head coach. But he would have to be completely oblivious to not realize that they were going to hire an up and coming OC that can help develop Trubisky.

So, yeah. He can have that "damn, I wish I was a head coach!" mentality. But, I don't see how he can resent Pace or feel offended when Pace was showing the respect to interview him and personally tell him what his plans were.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It would be one thing if they hired Edwards or another DC to be their head coach. But he would have to be completely oblivious to not realize that they were going to hire an up and coming OC that can help develop Trubisky.

So, yeah. He can have that "damn, I wish I was a head coach!" mentality. But, I don't see how he can resent Pace or feel offended when Pace was showing the respect to interview him and personally tell him what his plans were.

He doesnt have to be offended or resentful. One can understand why someone made a decision and still not agree with it.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Make Fangio the highest paid DC in the league. The best thing for this organization at this point would be continuity on the D. Hopefully Vic stays and builds on his work and what he has built in Chicago. Justify the ticket price increases and pay the man.

Isn't he, already? I think he's very high on the DC pay scale.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He doesnt have to be offended or resentful. One can understand why someone made a decision and still not agree with it.

And in that case, I don't think he would hold it against the Bears. Meaning, it wouldn't be the reason he would not come back.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And in that case, I don't think he would hold it against the Bears. Meaning, it wouldn't be the reason he would not come back.

You don't know that. Plenty of people lose out on promotions and understand the person that got it was worthy and still decide to move on.

It is a question of pride and competitiveness. Some might have a problem working for the person that beat them out. It is their choice and not a question of right or wrong.