Vic Fangio News

Rise

Liked Posts:
Well it's "Vic Fangio News". "News" implies "media".

It’s not news it’s one guy putting 2 and 2 together and assuming. Don’t take it personal I appreciate you posting it, just can’t stand how they do this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Beyond Vic, what about the other coaches? OC and position coaches.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Beyond Vic, what about the other coaches? OC and position coaches.

As far as I can tell they have released nothing, not even a firing of the current staff.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
7m7 minutes ago
The next domino to fall: There is still work to be done, but the likelihood now is that new #Bears coach Matt Nagy keeps defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. The spots are filling up.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
7m7 minutes ago
The next domino to fall: There is still work to be done, but the likelihood now is that new #Bears coach Matt Nagy keeps defensive coordinator Vic Fangio. The spots are filling up.

Hope so. Thanks for posting.

As far as I know, only GB had an interview with Vic right? Cincy tried too soon and was blocked but since found their DC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hope so. Thanks for posting.

As far as I know, only GB had an interview with Vic right? Cincy tried too soon and was blocked but since found their DC.

That’s correct, in fact I don’t think he even interviewed with Green Bay. They were going to but just decided on Pettine. Whether that is because it fit, or they were told he is staying is anyone’s guess.

The only known rumored threat now is Shurmur. But that seems like a stretch, all signs pointing to him staying.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
I don’t recall he interviewing with any team. Reports said GB were trying to set something up today but no follow up. Cincy got blocked. Some reports of “other teams interested “ as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As far as I can tell they have released nothing, not even a firing of the current staff.

I guess one can hope he is talking to these guys to figure out who he wants to keep.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don’t recall he interviewing with any team. Reports said GB were trying to set something up today but no follow up. Cincy got blocked. Some reports of “other teams interested “ as well.

The decisiveness with which Green Bay went from interested in Fangio to hiring someone else leads me to believe Fangio said he wasn't interested or he was staying.

noprophet

Quaker oats #1 fan
Liked Posts:
lord o lord Vic be gettin green...

I think keeping him is a +

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Big win for Nagy.

The defense is the one thing that works and you can keep momentum on that side of the ball.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fangio isn't under contract so he wouldn't be leaving the job. The Bears are simply one team pursuing him and perhaps he is waiting to see what other HCs get hired so he can weigh his options.

If he is offered the chance to stay in his job, and refuses, he is leaving the job. Don't get technical when you know exactly what was meant.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Pure speculation on my part, but I’m hoping that a bargaining chip to keep Fangio was Pace/Nagy promising to get something done with Fuller. Wouldn’t that be great.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s correct, in fact I don’t think he even interviewed with Green Bay. They were going to but just decided on Pettine. Whether that is because it fit, or they were told he is staying is anyone’s guess.

The only known rumored threat now is Shurmur. But that seems like a stretch, all signs pointing to him staying.

Unless Bill B. called and said he will need someone to replace the rocket scientist.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Fangio is the second highest paid DC in the NFL, and the Bears want him to stay.

He would have to decide whether to stay in the midwest, and whether to go with a new HC with no experience. (None of which ar terrible options, IMO)

But to think his decision would be based on Kyle Fuller? What?

Besides, is he going to sign a new contract based on the fact the Bears will offer Fuller, without knowing if he'll stay?

I just don't see logic in this. Fangio may have (should have) an opinion on Fuller, but I can't see how Fuller has anything to do with the decision.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Lol what if Fangio doesn't wanna be here and just retires

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
The decisiveness with which Green Bay went from interested in Fangio to hiring someone else leads me to believe Fangio said he wasn't interested or he was staying.

Possible, but if I’m Fangio I’m rolling with the younger unit that I have been developing the last two years. AZ getting old on that side of the ball... or he could just want to say F*** Off to the Bears for not making him the HC.