CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That's not a legit source. I'll wait for Biff.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass rusher, CB or OL. Although if Chubb is within striking distance I'd consider a trade up.

I'd be ok signing Fuller and FA corner. Although a 1st rnd stud corner alongside the Fuller we saw this season is exciting.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll wait for Craig Gabriel to tweet about everyone being wrong about thinking that FANGIO will be back with the bears and how nobody knows nothing and that it will be until after the Superbowl before the bears are able to secure any DC, and then I'll know fangio and the bears is literally a "lock."

D.Hester23

Liked Posts:
Assuming he returns....How long can we hold onto him? If he does well again next year as Defensive Coordinator for us, he's likely going to be a hot head coaching candidate right?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Assuming he returns....How long can we hold onto him? If he does well again next year as Defensive Coordinator for us, he's likely going to be a hot head coaching candidate right?

At 60? Not likely, he will get paid by us and that’s gunna be it for him. I mean stranger things have happened but if he couldn’t get a job as hc after the 49ers, think we are safe.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:

Nah. He's 60 in August. I think he may be one of those guys who never gets (missed?) his chance. Nothing wrong with being one of the best coordinators in the game though.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Unlikely. He hasn't been in the past. Not sure why he would suddenly be now. Plus, the hot coaching candidates that disappear tend to be offensive minded

It should be telling to you that Vic is never a serious coaching candidate anywhere. Heck, the Bears are the only team that interviewed him for their coaching position.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll wait for Craig Gabriel to tweet about everyone being wrong about thinking that FANGIO will be back with the bears and how nobody knows nothing and that it will be until after the Superbowl before the bears are able to secure any DC, and then I'll know fangio and the bears is literally a "lock."

That full blown closet ignoramus probably knows better than to open his mouf agayn after what happened yesterday.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Yeah Jim Johnson, Monte Kiffin, Wade Phillips. Some guys are just great coordinators.

Phillips got a shot. Wiki says he was HC in NO (interim), DEN, BUF, ATL (interim), DAL, HOU (interim). I think Pace shied away from making Fangio the interim HC the last month of the season b/c he didn't want him to do well and be "stuck" with him as HC.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Jahns@adamjahns
10m10 minutes ago
I've tried to be consistent on Vic Fangio. #Bears strongly want him back. He's very open to it. My understanding is that Bears' push only intensified with Matt Nagy. We'll see what happens. But fans should be optimistic.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel@greggabe
7s8 seconds ago
Yesterday morning I felt the odds of Fangio staying were less than 50/50. After all the DC hires last night I not put it at 75/25 if not better

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Just give him the $$$$ he wants. This could be a great setup to do something special.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Out of the established DCs who’s left? The DC From AZ?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Phillips got a shot. Wiki says he was HC in NO (interim), DEN, BUF, ATL (interim), DAL, HOU (interim). I think Pace shied away from making Fangio the interim HC the last month of the season b/c he didn't want him to do well and be "stuck" with him as HC.

I read where Fangio refused being interim, so they stuck with Fox.

edit: Well, Jeff Hughes reported it. Take it for what you will
http://sportsmockery.com/2017/11/the-fate-of-vic-fangio-in-chicago-just-became-crystal-clear/

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Out of the established DCs who’s left? The DC From AZ?

I'm not sure. Right now, it feels like at worst, signing Vic Fangio is like not losing a game of musical chairs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts: