legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
sportsmockery is a mockery....they cl;aim many things that never come to pass or shit that can't be proved......it is worthless

That's why i edited. Probably unsubstantiated bs.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah, sites like sportsmockery and awfulannouncing are super strange. They should stick to parody.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The way the post was worded suggested he was being stupid for leaving a good job. That is why I said he isn't leaving a good job. He is weighing several jobs because more than one team is interested in him allegedly. There is nothing stupid about that which was the focus of my post.

I meant that he would be stupid to leave a good job solely because of pride (not wanting to work for someone that got the job he wanted even though they deserved it). By solely, I mean that he would have examined other jobs and felt the Bears was still the best opportunity but still decided to walk away. That is how I interpreted your pride statement before.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I meant that he would be stupid to leave a good job solely because of pride (not wanting to work for someone that got the job he wanted even though they deserved it). By solely, I mean that he would have examined other jobs and felt the Bears was still the best opportunity but still decided to walk away. That is how I interpreted your pride statement before.

I know what you meant because you clarified in subsequent posts. I was just explaining to TL why I made a point of saying he wasn't under contract.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
At 60? Not likely, he will get paid by us and that’s gunna be it for him. I mean stranger things have happened but if he couldn’t get a job as hc after the 49ers, think we are safe.

if he takes our D from top 10 to top 3, i'd say he'd be a hot name next offseason

Rise

Liked Posts:
if he takes our D from top 10 to top 3, i'd say he'd be a hot name next offseason

That’s cool I mean if he goes congrats to him. We could just promote the DBs coach to DC at that point worst case.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That’s cool I mean if he goes congrats to him. We could just promote the DBs coach to DC at that point worst case.

Short sided. If Fangio got a HC job, he would almost assuredly take Donatell with him as his DC. Donatell would get a promotion and stay with his buddy. He wouldn’t stay in CHi.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Short sided. If Fangio got a HC job, he would almost assuredly take Donatell with him as his DC. Donatell would get a promotion and stay with his buddy. He wouldn’t stay in CHi.

We can block that, happens all the time.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
We can block that, happens all the time.

Ok, but you can’t make him take the DC job lol. You still have to hire DC then.

Plus, it’s very unprofessional to block a promotion. Looks bad in the organization.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

why would he choose to be the DC of a defensive minded HC when he can be the DC on a team with an offensive minded HC

Rise

Liked Posts:
Ok, but you can’t make him take the DC job lol. You still have to hire DC then.

Plus, it’s very unprofessional to block a promotion. Looks bad in the organization.

Teams do it all the time though. Happened to Lovie with Marinelli as an example. If Donatel is that afraid of being a dc without Fangio then he should sign a series of one year contracts.

That or we can get some compensation. It doesn’t look bad it’s business.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Teams do it all the time though. Happened to Lovie with Marinelli as an example. If Donatel is that afraid of being a dc without Fangio then he should sign a series of one year contracts.

He did it for 8 years on 3 different teams. Last in Washington, had them 6th in points and 4th in yards.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Yes, it does looks bad. It sounds as though you don’t understand business. Not everything is done because it benefits the team you root for. That’s a ego centric thought process.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

No clue what example you're talking about. Marinelli didn't even want to be a DC until he got convinced by Lovie. When is this supposed time he was blocked from being another teams DC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds good to me. If our D is top 3 that means we have great talent on that side of the ball as well as good coaching. Would be an attractive spot to any DC if Fangio left.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Phillips got a shot. Wiki says he was HC in NO (interim), DEN, BUF, ATL (interim), DAL, HOU (interim). I think Pace shied away from making Fangio the interim HC the last month of the season b/c he didn't want him to do well and be "stuck" with him as HC.

Even if not stolen away, if you make him Queen for a day and take away his crown, it would not sit well and we'd have probably lost him. I said it at the time. If you want to retain your option of Fangio as DC you don't can Fox before the end of the year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
No clue what example you're talking about. Marinelli didn't even want to be a DC until he got convinced by Lovie. When is this supposed time he was blocked from being another teams DC?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He was blocked by the Tampa Bay Bucs to interview with us for DC, at the time he was a DL coach. Once his contract ran out he joined us. You can google this. You know what he did? He went to work. In fact I can’t find an example of a coach getting blocked and then boycotting his current team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson was ESPN 1000 and he was talking about Fangio coming back. Apparently Fangio really liked Trubisky. He thinks he is a hard worker and is going to be a good QB and they have a solid relationship.

His point was that Vic probably expects the offense to improve.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yes, it does looks bad. It sounds as though you don’t understand business. Not everything is done because it benefits the team you root for. That’s a ego centric thought process.

Wrong.