Vic Fangio News

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would be more interested in finding out how often teams that lacked enough pass rushers decided to drop their best pass rushing end into coverage...but yes I would also be interested in finding out what you're talking about as well.

As for Fuller...that is a bunch of bullshit. I've already pointed it out plenty of times before that Fuller played well enough in the 2nd half of his 2nd year in the league to end the season ranked among the top 10 cornerbacks. He had already flashed his ability to Fangio. That is the definition of giving up early on him. All because he was mad he didn't play his 3rd year. Frankly I am not doing this dance with you. Its worthless and a waste of time.

So he is suppose to stop trying to confuse defenses? Not really how a 3-4 D works.

Ranked top 10 according to who? The season is the whole year. He was an inconsistent CB who apparently showed up for half a year his first 2 years in the NFL and was injured his 3rd year. Not sure why anyone would rely on a guy like that.

Fangio did the right thing. Under no circumstances do I just give a starting job to a CB coming of an injury that caused him to miss the whole season and who played horribly for huge portions of the season his first 2 years.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so is Vic official yet or we just have rumors that Nagy wants him?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
so is Vic official yet or we just have rumors that Nagy wants him?
Nothing is official. All rumors at this point. Other DC jobs clearing out though. Only real report is that Nagy and the bears FO want him back.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The guy who broke the Hiestand thing also says that Fangio is gone.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe I read it wrong. I took done to mean, he's no more.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
interesting to see thebackup plan to fangio. Will they look at 3-4 guys only or just go for baddest mofo available. Switching from 3-4 shouldn’t be hard half our defense is cuttable or fa

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller had done nothing to earn the starting spot. Not sure Fangio gave up on him early when he saw him do jack shit for 2 years.

As for Floyd, every 3-4 OLB drops back in coverage. That is part and parcell to any zone blitz scheme. I would be interested to know how often he drops in coverage as % of passing downs and relative to other 3-4 OLBs.

Actually, Leonard Floyd really struggled the first 4 games of the season because Fangio was dropping him into coverage too often, 10-12 times per game. A pass rusher needs to get a rhythm going, set up the offensive lineman for future moves. He was given way too many responsibilities.

Mitchapalooza

"Vic is done. Will be announced today" can be taken to mean he's resigned, or that he's not coming back.

Agreed, I think it's a poorly written comment. Though if he wasn't coming back, idk what the announcement would be. That's why I'm hoping it means he re-signed.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Lets dive into hypothetical land....if Fangio left and we switched to a 4-3, etc etc.....would Floyd be positioned as a DE or OLB? Seems too small/slim to be a DE, but also doesn't seem like a typical 4-3 OLB. Just curious.

Mitchapalooza

Same guy, @dabearsblog, also said that the coach they are targeting for OC would be a "very, very exciting choice". Never heard of this guy before today so take it with a grain of salt.

That coach is Mark Helfrich. This is the same guy who had the OL coach hire hours before it was announced.