Vic Fangio News

Speed

Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson was ESPN 1000 and he was talking about Fangio coming back. Apparently Fangio really liked Trubisky. He thinks he is a hard worker and is going to be a good QB and they have a solid relationship.

His point was that Vic probably expects the offense to improve.

Sounds so like Fangio

"I don't give a shit about you. I don't give a shit about baldy over there... But I do kinda like the kid oh what the hell"

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if keeping Fangio will help with re-signing Fuller.

Unless Fuller isn't holding a grudge for Fangio's meatball roast of him to the media...I would say quite the opposite.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, but you can’t make him take the DC job lol. You still have to hire DC then.

Plus, it’s very unprofessional to block a promotion. Looks bad in the organization.

Not when you're also offering the same position.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Unless Fuller isn't holding a grudge for Fangio's meatball roast of him to the media...I would say quite the opposite.

It was said that they had gotten over all of that, and talked it out. Fuller basically saying he didn't want to risk and aggravate his injury in a down year and Fangio basically saying he jumped the gun.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was said that they had gotten over all of that, and talked it out. Fuller basically saying he didn't want to risk and aggravate his injury in a down year and Fangio basically saying he jumped the gun.

TBH never heard of that from either of them but I don't need proof of it like some people. I just want Fangio and Fuller back. Don't give a shit how it happens. Frankly I don't give a shit if Fangio doesn't come back so long as we get a competent DC to replace him but I will be irate as fuck if we lose Fuller.

Speed

Liked Posts:
TBH never heard of that from either of them but I don't need proof of it like some people. I just want Fangio and Fuller back. Don't give a shit how it happens. Frankly I don't give a shit if Fangio doesn't come back so long as we get a competent DC to replace him but I will be irate as fuck if we lose Fuller.

Yeah, I read it somewhere. Its buried deep now, but they spent time together in the offseason.

"DC Vic Fangio joked about the one-on-one time he spent with CB Kyle Fuller in the offseason: "I know he didn't enjoy getting beat in golf."
https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/946471409739542530

I don't think Fuller is upset so it'll be up to him(And Pace's offer relative to the market to be honest). But yeah its looking like Vic will be back. I mean he's old, who wants to uproot from Chicago at this point when he's comfortable and knows all the personnel.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Depends on the cost. He's been too inconsistent over his career for us to break the bank on him but I suspect he and his agent are going to want 10-12 million a year. If he is more reasonable then we definitely should resign him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL so hold on, they spend time together to squash that beef then he went on give up on Fuller as a starting cornerback, benched him as cornerback depth behind Amukamara and Cooper. Then Fuller only got a chance to start again because of an injury to Amukamara that put Fuller into the starting lineup for the pre-season.

Sorry but that doesn't sound like it would sit well with Fuller in my mind. His DC literally almost cost him millions and millions of dollars. Does that sound to you like someone he would want to play for?

Exhibit A on why I don't give a fuck if this meathead isn't our DC anymore. He's made grevious miscalculations on talent and given up on them far too easily. This isn't the sort of guy I want developing my young drafted defensive talent. There are other examples of stupid shit he's done like routinely dropping back into coverage our best pass rushing defensive end Leonard Floyd.

AussieBear

Jeff Dickerson was ESPN 1000 and he was talking about Fangio coming back. Apparently Fangio really liked Trubisky. He thinks he is a hard worker and is going to be a good QB and they have a solid relationship.

His point was that Vic probably expects the offense to improve.

well maybe vic is the reason the offense stalled lass yr then..over playing with the offense.. spend more time with the defense and maybe they would be more consistent n betters..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL so hold on, they spend time together to squash that beef then he went on give up on Fuller as a starting cornerback, benched him as cornerback depth behind Amukamara and Cooper. Then Fuller only got a chance to start again because of an injury to Amukamara that put Fuller into the starting lineup for the pre-season.

Sorry but that doesn't sound like it would sit well with Fuller in my mind. His DC literally almost cost him millions and millions of dollars. Does that sound to you like someone he would want to play for?

Exhibit A on why I don't give a fuck if this meathead isn't our DC anymore. He's made grevious miscalculations on talent and given up on them far too easily. This isn't the sort of guy I want developing my young drafted defensive talent. There are other examples of stupid shit he's done like routinely dropping back into coverage our best pass rushing defensive end Leonard Floyd.

Maybe the plan was always to insert Fuller back in the line up to motivate him.

The work that Fangio and Donatell did with the secondary this season should be celebrated.

They have to drop Floyd into coverage. Their other OLB is fat and has no knees and cannot move.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Two posts above you're quoted as saying you want Fangio back. Now he's a "meathead" (the shoopster's description in a post last night, it's worth noting) you don't give a F about who gives up on talent. Which is it, kid? . . .

. . . No matter - the shoopster's glad you've finally seen the light: We CAN lose Vic! . . .

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe the plan was always to insert Fuller back in the line up to motivate him.

The work that Fangio and Donatell did with the secondary this season should be celebrated.

They have to drop Floyd into coverage. Their other OLB is fat and has no knees and cannot move.

Well then, by all means throw a blank check at this man. Not like a pass rush is more impactful on coverage or anything. Amirite? Best DC in da league.

*Burp*

Pass the gravysauce

Speed

Liked Posts:
But did Cooper and Amukamara have better training camps than Fuller? I definitely recall Gentry going over Fuller a few times. Not sure, but training camp performance could have been the reason he started lower than Cooper.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
What's the timeline on when we will know? 2 weeks?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2m2 minutes ago
More change coming for the #Seahawks: DC Kris Richard would be allowed out of his contract for another opportunity, sources say. He's had a long relationship with Pete Carroll, who believes Richard would benefit from experiencing something new. Could have OC & DC openings.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2m2 minutes ago
More change coming for the #Seahawks: DC Kris Richard would be allowed out of his contract for another opportunity, sources say. He's had a long relationship with Pete Carroll, who believes Richard would benefit from experiencing something new. Could have OC & DC openings.

:mad: more options for Vic? :mad:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
In other Bears coaching news

DaBearsBlog‏
@dabearsblog
Following Following @dabearsblog
More
Per source, Bears are set to hire a position coach today that should thrill every Bears fan. One of the best in the country. (Yes, I know that's vague. But you'll see.)

Aaron Leming
@AaronLemingNFL
8m8 minutes ago
More Aaron Leming Retweeted DaBearsBlog
Not my info to put out, so I won’t but what I will say is Jeff is right. If the deal gets done, #Bears will be getting a very good OL coach.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Fuller had done nothing to earn the starting spot. Not sure Fangio gave up on him early when he saw him do jack shit for 2 years.

As for Floyd, every 3-4 OLB drops back in coverage. That is part and parcell to any zone blitz scheme. I would be interested to know how often he drops in coverage as % of passing downs and relative to other 3-4 OLBs.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuller had done nothing to earn the starting spot. Not sure Fangio gave up on him early when he saw him do jack shit for 2 years.

As for Floyd, every 3-4 OLB drops back in coverage. That is part and parcell to any zone blitz scheme. I would be interested to know how often he drops in coverage as % of passing downs and relative to other 3-4 OLBs.

I would be more interested in finding out how often teams that lacked enough pass rushers decided to drop their best pass rushing end into coverage...but yes I would also be interested in finding out what you're talking about as well.

As for Fuller...that is a bunch of bullshit. I've already pointed it out plenty of times before that Fuller played well enough in the 2nd half of his 2nd year in the league to end the season ranked among the top 10 cornerbacks. He had already flashed his ability to Fangio. That is the definition of giving up early on him. All because he was mad he didn't play his 3rd year. Frankly I am not doing this dance with you. Its worthless and a waste of time.