Vic Fangio News

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I mean, it's possible he was just like "I'm waiting for the AZ job", but that is completely up in the air

I think this bodes well for the Bears keeping him, but it is not a sure thing. I don't understand people acting like there are no other jobs. There would be a lot of uncertainty, and I would think he would not want to wait, but Indy and NY are going to be hiring head coaches. And NE may very well need a new DC.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Possible, but if I’m Fangio I’m rolling with the younger unit that I have been developing the last two years. AZ getting old on that side of the ball... or he could just want to say F*** Off to the Bears for not making him the HC.

Agreed. Of all the situations, this is probably the best for Fangio.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
Fangio is the second highest paid DC in the NFL, and the Bears want him to stay.

He would have to decide whether to stay in the midwest, and whether to go with a new HC with no experience. (None of which ar terrible options, IMO)

But to think his decision would be based on Kyle Fuller? What?

Besides, is he going to sign a new contract based on the fact the Bears will offer Fuller, without knowing if he'll stay?

I just don't see logic in this. Fangio may have (should have) an opinion on Fuller, but I can't see how Fuller has anything to do with the decision.

Not the sole reason but could be a factor, along with more pay, more autonomy...

If you have Bears management eating out of your hand why not see if you can have them push to keep one of your best performers last season?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pure speculation on my part, but I’m hoping that a bargaining chip to keep Fangio was Pace/Nagy promising to get something done with Fuller. Wouldn’t that be great.

More like Pace promised to get another pass rusher opposite Floyd. Because McKnee, Ahchoo, Houston we have a problem,and the Fisherman should be playing in the all geriatric league.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Are those the same articles?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
:elephant::beer::X:fist::saxy::clap:=):beerbang::cutecat::bearbang::woot::hawkbang::hi5::highfive::marshmallow::reptar::snoop::shibe::crazydance::turtle::farley:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he is offered the chance to stay in his job, and refuses, he is leaving the job. Don't get technical when you know exactly what was meant.

The way the post was worded suggested he was being stupid for leaving a good job. That is why I said he isn't leaving a good job. He is weighing several jobs because more than one team is interested in him allegedly. There is nothing stupid about that which was the focus of my post.

Well, there is pride and then there is stupid. I don't think most people would leave a good job solely based on that for an unknown.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Nice win for the Bears and Nagy. Nfc North is going to lit the next few years, should be a lot of fun to watch.

TishLover

Liked Posts:

Fangio was the first candidate the Bears interviewed for the head coach position last Wednesday. It wasn’t known how Fangio would react to not being selected, but as defensive coordinator positions fill around the league — Gus Bradley re-signed with the Chargers on Tueseday night, according to the NFL Network — the Bears might be Fangio’s most attractive option.