Vic Fangio News

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-matt-nagy-vic-fangio-biggs-20180109-story.html

Article from Biggsy about Vic. Interesting quote from the article:

...sources say one of his primary questions for the team was if it was a serious interview or a courtesy extended by Pace in an effort to appease Fangio and keep him interested in staying with a new head coach? The Bears assured Fangio it was a real interview.

Vic just sounds like the jaded old grouchy fuck and Pace is all sunshine and rainbow farts. It's no surprise Pace didn't give him the job....Vic see's through his shit.

Makes me want Vic all the more.... this team needs fewer "yes men" and he's most certainly not that.

It is a legitimate question, Biggs didn't mention if Fangio was growling when he asked it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You don't know that. People of people lose out on promotions and understand the person that got it was worthy and still decide to move on.

It is a question of pride. Some might have a problem working for the person that beat them out. It is their choice and not question of right or wrong.

Well, there is pride and then there is stupid. I don't think most people would leave a good job solely based on that for an unknown.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't he, already? I think he's very high on the DC pay scale.

First — and it’s always first — is money. It is believed he earned north of $2 million in 2017 in the final season of a three-year contract and might have been the second-highest-paid coordinator in the NFL. The Bears might have to go beyond that to keep him in place

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, there is pride and then there is stupid. I don't think most people would leave a good job solely based on that for an unknown.

Fangio isn't under contract so he wouldn't be leaving the job. The Bears are simply one team pursuing him and perhaps he is waiting to see what other HCs get hired so he can weigh his options.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't see any other teams wanting to interview Vagino for a HC spot. Pace should have been straight, like Fic, and just said that the interview was simply a courtesy, but they want him as DC and will pay him. Fangio might appreciate that shit.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fangio isn't under contract so he wouldn't be leaving the job. The Bears are simply one team pursuing him and perhaps he is waiting to see what other HCs get hired so he can weigh his options.

There is talk he may go with Schurmur.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

If he doesn't sign back with the Bears because he feels there is a better opportunity, that is different though than leaving solely because he wasn't offered the HC position. I would expect him to see his demand.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he doesn't sign back with the Bears because he feels there is a better opportunity, that is different though than leaving solely because he wasn't offered the HC position. I would expect him to see his demand.

No one said anything about solely. I was responding to someone calling him a little bitch for potentially deciding not to resign with the Bears.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Well, at least he isn’t going to Green Bay, though they didn’t get a slouch in Pettine. I’m a little worried we are going to be left at the alter here. Bradley could easily choose the Seahawks or stay with the Chargers.

So that leaves Bettcher assuming Fangio goes to the cardinals with Shurmur. Which he honestly is the best of the bunch but the competition will be major for him.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bradley back to the Chargers. So now it’s fangio, bettcher or uh oh.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any other teams wanting to interview Vagino for a HC spot. Pace should have been straight, like Fic, and just said that the interview was simply a courtesy, but they want him as DC and will pay him. Fangio might appreciate that shit.

That was my understanding. They owe it to Vic to help him get promoted. We (and him) all know that he wasn't really in the running, or they would've fired Fox earlier and given Vic a shot as interim. That didn't happen because
A: Bears weren't really interested in Vic as HC;
B: Bears at least wanted to seriously consider other HC options; and also
C: Can't have him be interim then expect him to come back as DC if not given HC job for good.

I'd be shocked if Pace & co (maybe Nagy) aren't being totally straight up with Vic at this point if not already before the HC hire.

Vic is smart and KNOWS he's not an offensive guy.
Vic knows that's clearly what the team and Bears brass do and should need for this team right now with Mitch.
Vic knows offense is THE NEED because Vic's guys had to clean up the shitty offense's mess every week and still lose bec of it.

Hopefully Vic discovers his market value, and that his best opportunity to win (and hopefully get paid a fair rate) is still in CHI. (if he doesn't get offered HC elsewhere that is)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You would think Pace and Nagy discussed who he would bring in particularly if Fangio left. Maybe it is someone still in the playoffs,

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;z3QB8cNzRX8]https://youtu.be/z3QB8cNzRX8[/video]

Rise

Liked Posts:
You would think Pace and Nagy discussed who he would bring in particularly if Fangio left. Maybe it is someone still in the playoffs,

It’s a little weird to me they didn’t make any staff moves today. Even Trestman with his one friend in the nfl made moves the first day if my memory is correct.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Worthless speculation tweet. Media sucks.

Well it's "Vic Fangio News". "News" implies "media".

And it's not hard to speculate that Vic turned down the Packers job and the only other set job looking at him is the Bears. So, while he may be interested in AZ, he really doesn't know who is going to coach there yet.