What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I never got past that
yeah i dont have the patience for that.

I pretty much bought Xbox for that game and it keeps getting delayed. They are desperate to release something now it prob be glitched out at the open. Next gen has been a disappointment it’s going to be running at 30 fps
It'll be glitchy for sure but im sure long term itll be great like the ES and Fallout games.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Been playing Outriders the last week.

It feels like Anthem + Greedfall.

The story is very lolwutmeh, you choose dialogue and receive exposition, no conversations.

The combat is fun albeit repetitive,

The customization/RPG part is simple, but very effective if you find the right combinations.

Boss fights have been pretty meh thus far.

No companions nor any kind of allies in any missions thus far, just you, the uncaring Altered Outrider who takes every side quest to rescue tree'd kittens.

Great shooter cuz one wants to shooter.

Lots of the same creepy crawlies or standardly uniformed insurgents/cultists to blast away.

Has crossplay supposedly, I haven't tried it out, but would be nice to have a crossplay co-op series where PC/console doesn't matter.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
You mean the first 5 hours of the game where you just follow people around on your horse and skip dialog wasnt fast paced enough for you?

Imagine wasting hours looking for a creature that doesnt spawn until after a specific mission. Game was okay though imo.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
i dont understand this reference.

Theres a certain legendary animal you cannot hunt until after a certain mission happens. I spent hours looking for it and eventually gave up. I wandered a lot in the beginning before progressing the storyline. Would get specific but.. oh spoilers.

looking for that damn gator

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Theres a certain legendary animal you cannot hunt until after a certain mission happens. I spent hours looking for it and eventually gave up. I wandered a lot in the beginning before progressing the storyline. Would get specific but.. oh spoilers.

looking for that damn gator
is it a special one? Because i remember finding them and feeding them people.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I caved and purchased Diablo. Installing it now.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Well I caved and purchased Diablo. Installing it now.

Welcome newb! As a warning the game world is HUGE. Like elden ring, skyrim HUGE and the world is only going to expand cause Blizzard already announced 2 expansions are being worked on, lol.

That's a lot of walking and dealing with aggro that can slow you down if you only have time for 30 minutes to play. That being said, if you want to improve your quality of life, make a beeline for your mount (unlocks at act 3). They are actually useful and not just a gimmick. Once you get your mount slot unlocked it'll carry over to your other character slots from the get go.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome newb! As a warning the game world is HUGE. Like elden ring, skyrim HUGE and the world is only going to expand cause Blizzard already announced 2 expansions are being worked on, lol.

That's a lot of walking and dealing with aggro that can slow you down if you only have time for 30 minutes to play. That being said, if you want to improve your quality of life, make a beeline for your mount (unlocks at act 3). They are actually useful and not just a gimmick. Once you get your mount slot unlocked it'll carry over to your other character slots from the get go.
I've got some coupon for a mount for buying the game?!

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Been playing Diablo since I was a teenager, played 2 a hell of a lot on PC back in the day.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished the Outriders original game/story.

It was built the same as Anthem, with interesting and fun combat and a throw-away story.

On top of that, the entire story is more/less Greedfall.

Bad White Man come destroy peaceful Natives, disrupt environment so much it nearly destroys the new home planet for humanity.

Good White Man come destroy Bad White Man, save people/planet from imminent destruction.

Every dialogue interaction is single-threaded and honestly kinda stupid, but if you pay attention the story is rather hilarious.

Spoiler, at one point you bring on a moody white girl with short hair whom sells weapons in your little camp.

At one point she gets "Altered" powers (I wonder if the writers were Altered Beasts fans?) and decides to just try to kill you, the main character, a juiced up Outrider badass with many top-quality weapons, armor, and honed powers.

And not only do you wipe the fucking floor with her, but for some reason you don't kill her, and instead she remains as part of the camp, but she's paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair.

I just cannot stop laughing at the idea of returning to a camp and being like "Sup wheels? You wanna try that shit again?"

Wheels proceeds to traipse through combat-littered landscapes in a chair fashioned out of thin air by a mechanic.

I stuck around because the pew-pew was fun, idk how these studios think they will make long-term money churning out this crap.

TLDR; If you can get it on sale and enjoy the pew-pew, do so, but liberally use the skip button any time you aren't laughing at the story.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Got platinum in returnal. It’s harder in the beginning than later on. Once you get used to gameplay and unlock better weapons you can beast it. Play offline to platinum all the collectibles show up faster that way that you need to get all achievements

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
build own pc? that's a newb statement from a newb user. It's eezy peezy bruh

I am now starting to think you might be in your mid 30s, because newb is actually the OLDER spelling of the term.

Newb short for newbie, quickly became LOL FUCKING NOOB.

NOOB AINT EVEN KNOW HOW TO NADE BRO.

Maybe you're like a GenZ Gaming Terminology Hipster?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had Warhammer 40k: Battlesector sitting around from old Steam deal buys.

It feels like a decent compromise between the table-top game and a video game that most people could play without too much trouble.

Similar to Relics of War they are gonna want cash for every single faction added as DLC.

Random aside: Battlesector doesn't seem to be a word, so instead of just being like Warhammer 40k: Battle Sector, they made up a new word.

40k game titles are already kinda idiotic, but this one just seems like an odd choice.

Naming in games and movies and shows seems to be devolving into like the most vague way to represent a concept.

I thought we'd bottomed out with that Kurt Russel movie just called Soldier in 1998.