Who to replace Meredith to play Opposite AR12?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There's no doubt Gabriel is a WR. They paid him expecting him to be. And although Burton is listed as a TE, he's basically a big WR...

Did you mean starting caliber WR? Obviously he's a WR.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
There's no doubt Gabriel is a WR. They paid him expecting him to be. And although Burton is listed as a TE, he's basically a big WR...

Gabreil is a situational WR that has one specialty of taking the top off of defenses and making them nervous about a big play. He is not starting material. IMO. He fills a needed role but he is a role player only IMO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some truth there. But after last year I hoped we learned better and would not be in this position again this year. It's disappointing.

Agree. I've said it before an I'll say it again.... Pace can't get over Kevin White being a bust and it's fucking this franchise royally. I hope the kid has the comeback of the ages this year.... we all do. But relying on him is just beyond stupid.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree. I've said it before an I'll say it again.... Pace can't get over Kevin White being a bust and it's fucking this franchise royally. I hope the kid has the comeback of the ages this year.... we all do. But relying on him is just beyond stupid.

Season doesn't start tomorrow bro. Let it ride a bit.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Bring back Inman. Draft Chark at 2, and Barrios in the 4th-5th

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I think we can only draft 2 wr's if we trade down and are able to add 3-4 more picks. With only 7 picks, we can't spend 2 on wr.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
It's the same number of picks as every year. Two WR is not that crazy with a young QB but WR is a big UDFA position as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Applefan

Liked Posts:
If we could get Dez Bryant for both of this year's 4th rounders,is it worth it? He's due to make $12.5 mil in '18 and 16.5 mil in '19. Would this eat up too much cap space? An argument could be made to wait and see if he hits the open market and possibly get him for less. The problem with that is a possible bidding war.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Just because some posters on here assume he's relying on K.White doesn't make it even close to being true which you already know. There's no reason for Pace to cut K.White since his money is and has been guaranteed through next season. People make an assumption on here and then a few people run with it then next thing you know it's all the sudden the truth...lol

I'm gonna go ahead and wait until after the draft and after teams drop players and teams pick up free agents and UDFA's and see what Pace does about WR for us. I'm thinking he'll draft one somewhere in this draft and then sign a few UDFA's and maybe a couple of veterans will get cut by their teams and Pace grabs one. Either way it's way too early for anyone to judge our WR position right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I do agree, Pace is being hamstrung by his commitment to White.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because some posters on here assume he's relying on K.White doesn't make it even close to being true which you already know. There's no reason for Pace to cut K.White since his money is and has been guaranteed through next season. People make an assumption on here and then a few people run with it then next thing you know it's all the sudden the truth...lol

I'm gonna go ahead and wait until after the draft and after teams drop players and teams pick up free agents and UDFA's and see what Pace does about WR for us. I'm thinking he'll draft one somewhere in this draft and then sign a few UDFA's and maybe a couple of veterans will get cut by their teams and Pace grabs one. Either way it's way too early for anyone to judge our WR position right now.

Or maybe, just maybe, BaBa is not getting the idea from some posters but from Matt Nagy himself...

“Here is a guy we have on our roster that, to a lot of people, can get lost in the shuffle or just pushed to the side,” Nagy said. “That’s not going to happen. We’re going to give him every opportunity to succeed. You see a kid that is working hard during the offseason. You hear it from different people.

“You just know that those are the feel good stories. How cool would that be to be able to get this kid to come back and be a dominant player, right? You think he doesn’t want that? No, of course he wants that.

"Let’s as coaches, let’s look at the glass half full and let’s get this kid right. Now, am I making any promises? Absolutely not. But I will tell you this, we’re going to give that kid every opportunity possible.”

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Or maybe, just maybe, BaBa is not getting the idea from some posters but from Matt Nagy himself...

“Here is a guy we have on our roster that, to a lot of people, can get lost in the shuffle or just pushed to the side,” Nagy said. “That’s not going to happen. We’re going to give him every opportunity to succeed. You see a kid that is working hard during the offseason. You hear it from different people.

“You just know that those are the feel good stories. How cool would that be to be able to get this kid to come back and be a dominant player, right? You think he doesn’t want that? No, of course he wants that.

"Let’s as coaches, let’s look at the glass half full and let’s get this kid right. Now, am I making any promises? Absolutely not. But I will tell you this, we’re going to give that kid every opportunity possible.”

This doesnt sound like they are relying on him at all. He was asked about White and that is the answer you expect.
His contract is guaranteed so why not bring him into camp and give him every opportunity,

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So what you're saying is that you think BaBa isn't smart enough to understand what coach talk is? Or maybe you don't understand is what it is....Hmmmmmmmm

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This doesnt sound like they are relying on him at all. He was asked about White and that is the answer you expect.
His contract is guaranteed so why not bring him into camp and give him every opportunity,

I think Adi thinks he should of said that he doesn't trust he'll get anything out of K.White next year cause he'll probably be hurt by game 2.

This would be....not coach talk. You'll get it if you try hard enough Adi.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what you're saying is that you think BaBa isn't smart enough to understand what coach talk is? Or maybe you don't understand is what it is....Hmmmmmmmm

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have 1 legit starting caliber WR coming of a injury. One injury to him and our TE's and run game will be far less effective as teams will swarm the box again.

And yet they are better at WR. According to every single media source I’ve read or heard. They’ll draft another and maybe get yet another after cuts, to kick the tires. Let’s not start shitting ourselves yet.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And yet they are better at WR. According to every single media source I’ve read or heard. They’ll draft another and maybe get yet another after cuts, to kick the tires. Let’s not start shitting ourselves yet.

The shitting started at 3:01 yesterday and hasn't stopped. These people ran out of adult diapers.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Dallas cuts Bryant I would offer him a contract

The problem with that, is some Special person team with a ton of space will offer him 18 mil per year.