Why Do Fans Overpay?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/base...rys-fall-as-cubs-gm-wasnt-only-his-fault.html

Is Gordon Wittenmyer a good enough source? Im sure you will spin this.

:obama:

I'm not sure you understand how "sourcing" works. Wittenmeyer doesn't even cite where he got this information from(even the old "an anonymous source). It's wedged into an article with no real backing. Wittenmeyer isn't the source in this case. He's the writer. Where he got this information from would be the source.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
you actually DID expect the 100 loss season of 2012...its the current 2013 season that defied your expectations?

I can only hope you are just a troll and really not this dumb.

When Epstein was hired I did not expect the Cubs to lose 100 games.

AFTER he and Hoyer made all the shitty moves they made last offseason, and brought in zero quality long term solutions, I fully expected a 100 loss season last year. Ask anyone here from the CBS board. I was about the ONLY one saying going into the season the Cubs would lose 100 games and most of your fellow slurpers and geniuses like willrust blasted me for it.

I was right.

AFTER all the shitty offseason moves again this year and once again the lack of any additional quality long term additions I felt confident before the season and still now the Cubs will lose 100 games or at least very close to 100 games again this year. Losing 'only' 98 or 99 games should not be praised as great improvement even if it does fall short of the 100 game mark.

But even with my expectations at the start of last year and this year of 100 loss seasons, I somehow should be content with that and not complain about it??

Dumb, really, really dumb.

Let's all just be happy and content with losing because we expect it??

Really?

Troll on loser.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prove it.

Theo had to fill out a roster with a certain amount of money. If Ramirez was going to take up too much of that money in order to fill out the other spots within his allotted budget from Ricketts...how did he have the money to do so?

So now it's IF Rickett's gave him a budget? Talk about moving goal posts.

This is approaching remydat levels of idiocy.

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I've blame Epstein for bad signings. I just think your logic and reasoning is horseshit. Which it is based on your own words..which now you have quasi gone back on.

Sure. Go for it. Some of them are turds.......? I've never said any different.

LOL at this. I took something you directly said and applied it directly to MLB contracts and money and I'm "spinning"?

No, you havent you keep saying Ricketts could have been the issue. ricketts give Epstein an allotted budget. He does not control who Theo signs. If he does that, then you should not feel good about this organization. What I said is I dont blame Theo for going after big free agents because Ricketts would not allow him the money. Ramirez was not a high dollar free agent. They offered him arbitration which if he wanted to be a dick could have accepted and cost the Cubs the 15 million. Instead, he turned it down and signed for less that year. You keep spinning the dumbest shit. O and Theo signed way worse contracts then Hendry before he almost got shit canned in Boston. Lackey, Dice K, Carl Crawford, etc. etc. etc.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
:obama:

I'm not sure you understand how "sourcing" works. Wittenmeyer doesn't even cite where he got this information from(even the old "an anonymous source). It's wedged into an article with no real backing. Wittenmeyer isn't the source in this case. He's the writer. Where he got this information from would be the source.

That Obama picture just said a 1000 words. In the words of Salami, you are a mongoloid. I have never and I mean never talked baseball with someone so ridiculous and so much bullshit. You sir have dropped my IQ at least 50 points. Congrats, I dont think Gary Busey could have done that.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
KB, if you thought RCub was bad. I would take him in a second over these clowns.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure you understand how "sourcing" works.

Troll,

I am not sure YOU understand how sourcing works.

Wittenmeyer is the source Silence is using.

And when do you needs sources to validate why a team that was a half game out of first place at the trade deadline only move was to add Tom Gorzelanny and John Grabow??

Hendry is being accused of spending too much money in reckless and careless fashion, but now you want to think that somehow Hendry was given the resources to do more at the trade deadline and completely changed character and decided against it??

Troll on.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
KB, if you thought RCub was bad. I would take him in a second over these clowns.

You are right.

RCub while completely full of shit, a psychopath and criminal stalker at least had more baseball knowledge than these two combined.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, you havent you keep saying Ricketts could have been the issue. ricketts give Epstein an allotted budget. He does not control who Theo signs. If he does that, then you should not feel good about this organization. What I said is I dont blame Theo for going after big free agents because Ricketts would not allow him the money. Ramirez was not a high dollar free agent. They offered him arbitration which if he wanted to be a dick could have accepted and cost the Cubs the 15 million. Instead, he turned it down and signed for less that year. You keep spinning the dumbest shit. O and Theo signed way worse contracts then Hendry before he almost got shit canned in Boston. Lackey, Dice K, Carl Crawford, etc. etc. etc.
Based on what you said.

Sheesh.

So indirectly he controls who Theo signs and he may directly have input relative to spending on players. Especially in regards to the Haren salary from the trade. You don't know, that's the point.

Ramirez signed for on average $13 million a year in Milwaukee. Is that a "big time" signing? No. Could it have hamstrung the Epstein budget given to him to fill out the roster by Ricketts once the budget was set when ARam declined his option? Yes. That's the point. It's not complicated

I've already said Theo signed turd deals. Not sure what point you have. At least Dice K helped them win a WS I guess?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Troll,

I am not sure YOU understand how sourcing works.

Wittenmeyer is the source Silence is using.

And when do you needs sources to validate why a team that was a half game out of first place at the trade deadline only move was to add Tom Gorzelanny and John Grabow??

Hendry is being accused of spending too much money in reckless and careless fashion, but now you want to think that somehow Hendry was given the resources to do more at the trade deadline and completely changed character and decided against it??

Troll on.

Yeah congrats. You missed the point.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Out of curiosity, why did the Cubs wait until after Aramis Ramirez signed with the Brewers to go after the Ian Stewart trade with the Rockies?

Also:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/2011/11/28/cubs-have-interest-in-rockies-stewart/9995/
And:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ian_stewart/page/2/
Keep going through the pages as there were a half a dozen teams that showed interest in Ian Stewart, including the Marlins, Tigers, Pirates, Cubs, Angels & Diamondbacks.

information attained through the magical unicorn turds at google.com

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Not sure how tradeable Haren would have been with a 15 million dollar price tag this year as a half season rental when he's not really pitching that great.

Nice to see the board's pedophile/sex addict "worshipper", can also pull non-factual numbers out of his ass, along with various gerbil carcasses by candleilght as they watch a Richard Gere movie.

I would ask for a link to your information but it wouldn't be factual.

So I will provide you the facts, without a link, since you are an uneducated idiot.

Dan Haren's salary to be paid by the Cubs, IF they received him via the trade, would have been 13 million for this season.

Marmol's is 9.8 million. The Angel's were willing to take on 6.5 million dollars of Marmol's contract. But clearly our Boy Blunder, as reported, was trying to pinch a few more cents out of the deal, fell flat on his face. As a result then blamed Haren's medicals as why the deal was off.

What's even more genius of Epstein, is that he told Marmol he was going to be traded to the Angels. So why wouldn't have The Mighty One checked the medicals first before even talking a trade and leaking it to the media.

He's either dumb or stupid take your pick. Something I'm sure you can relate to and think that it's business as usual.

Now go back to pounding your pud over some vintage Big John Stud wrestling matches and tell your boyfriend your ass hurts.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Oh my god.

Time to start drinking.

That can't possibly kill as many brain cells as reading all the stupidity today did.

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Gotta ask,

Was there some people on here trying to use minor league rankings to prove a point? Just curious because these same people had several posts just yesterday chastising publications that provide organizational prospect rankings.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/37719572

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can only hope you are just a troll and really not this dumb.

When Epstein was hired I did not expect the Cubs to lose 100 games.

AFTER he and Hoyer made all the shitty moves they made last offseason, and brought in zero quality long term solutions, I fully expected a 100 loss season last year. Ask anyone here from the CBS board. I was about the ONLY one saying going into the season the Cubs would lose 100 games and most of your fellow slurpers and geniuses like willrust blasted me for it.

I was right.

AFTER all the shitty offseason moves again this year and once again the lack of any additional quality long term additions I felt confident before the season and still now the Cubs will lose 100 games or at least very close to 100 games again this year. Losing 'only' 98 or 99 games should not be praised as great improvement even if it does fall short of the 100 game mark.

But even with my expectations at the start of last year and this year of 100 loss seasons, I somehow should be content with that and not complain about it??

Dumb, really, really dumb.

Let's all just be happy and content with losing because we expect it??

Really?

Troll on loser.

He didn't bring in anyone at all for long term huh? We got nothing from trading Dumpster, Maholm etc?

Willrust

Liked Posts:
Nice to see the board's pedophile/sex addict "worshipper", can also pull non-factual numbers out of his ass, along with various gerbil carcasses by candleilght as they watch a Richard Gere movie.

I would ask for a link to your information but it wouldn't be factual.

So I will provide you the facts, without a link, since you are an uneducated idiot.

Dan Haren's salary to be paid by the Cubs, IF they received him via the trade, would have been 13 million for this season.

Marmol's is 9.8 million. The Angel's were willing to take on 6.5 million dollars of Marmol's contract. But clearly our Boy Blunder, as reported, was trying to pinch a few more cents out of the deal, fell flat on his face. As a result then blamed Haren's medicals as why the deal was off.

What's even more genius of Epstein, is that he told Marmol he was going to be traded to the Angels. So why wouldn't have The Mighty One checked the medicals first before even talking a trade and leaking it to the media.

He's either dumb or stupid take your pick. Something I'm sure you can relate to and think that it's business as usual.

Now go back to pounding your pud over some vintage Big John Stud wrestling matches and tell your boyfriend your ass hurts.

Fucking clown shoes,

1. Do you really think the Cubs leaked the "proposed" trade to the media? It has already come out that Marmol was the one that leaked the proposed trade.
2. Why would a team give another team a player's medical records before getting the parameters of a deal nailed down?

Nice to see the boards anti-semite can pull fictional information out of his ass and try to pass it as fact!

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Fucking clown shoes,

1. Do you really think the Cubs leaked the "proposed" trade to the media? It has already come out that Marmol was the one that leaked the proposed trade.
2. Why would a team give another team a player's medical records before getting the parameters of a deal nailed down?

Nice to see the boards anti-semite can pull fictional information out of his ass and try to pass it as fact!

And I suppose the same anal fairy, that comes to patch up your rectal cavity, is the same fairy that told Marmol he was being traded.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Gotta ask,

Was there some people on here trying to use minor league rankings to prove a point? Just curious because these same people had several posts just yesterday chastising publications that provide organizational prospect rankings.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/37719572

Yeah I think rankings are dumb, but they are what YOU want to use. So when I use the standards you wish to use, you still cry.

Unreal.

Actually not. Just business as usual for the village idiot.

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Fucking clown shoes,

Doesn't matter WHO leaked it.

Still doesn't change the point that the Cubs pulled out of the trade that would have been a great trade for the team.

Whoops.

Try to change the subject some more times willstraw